It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hexagon on Saturn - What could possibly cause this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Cassini has sent back images 32 years after the last "visible light" images of the Hexagon were sent from Voyager showing that the Hexagon is still there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac3a334d8202.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm no astronomer or physicist but the geometric hexagon shape does not seem to be something that could be formed naturally in a gas and certainly not something that should maintain it's shape in a gas for at least 32 years as a result of any "natural processes" that we understand.

Based on the article below, this is still a mystery.

This is far weirder than Jupiter's red spot or any faces on Mars in my opinion.

Anyone have any theories or ideas on this one?

Unsolved mystery of Saturn's Hexagon

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The hexagon has been recreated in a lab in a water enviroment but not gas as far as I can remember.
I forget what causes it though but I do remember them coming to a conclusion.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It is really difficult to say. Physics of that scale are very difficult to simulate - partly because we just don't have the observational data to verify assumed/derived values, equations, etc.

I would guess that something to do with magnetic fields may be at play, here, in combination with the winds on Saturn - but I can't make a strong case for it. It could be thermal in nature, barometric in nature, or be some strange result of mass distribution near the center.

Of course, there is always the tried and true ATS solution - there's a powerful alien artifact there.

Still would be worth looking into. Worst case, we find out air and various factors can do some weird things. Best case, we discover alien technology. There's not much of a down side into devoting some research to it... once we get a little more sure-footed in space.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Check out cymatics. Sound bouncing through the matter is causing it's innate pattern to formulate.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
The hexagon has been recreated in a lab in a water enviroment but not gas as far as I can remember.

probably this:
news.discovery.com...

The Oxford researchers made a model of Saturn's North Pole. A slowly-spinning cylinder of water represented Saturn's atmosphere, and a small, rapidly-spinning ring represented a jet stream. They added some fluorescent green dye, and got a pretty well-defined hexagon.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Here is a video of the lab produced hexagon. I know our own atmosphere moves according to the principles of fluid dynamics, and I imagine the same would apply with Saturn.
It's truly one of the coolest things I think anyone has found in the solar system.

The picture in the OP shows visible vortices very similar to those produced in the lab.
edit on 16-11-2010 by stars15k because: adding a comment I forgot.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wasn't it like this:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Well that would solve it... whahaha

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It hasnt been explained. Its been re-created in labs, but never explained in the mainstream.

Here is the pdf of the paper

arxiv.org...

We report a novel and spectacular instability of a fluid surface in a rotating system.
In a flow driven by rotating the bottom plate of a partially filled, stationary cylindrical
container, the shape of the free surface can spontaneously break the axial symmetry
and assume the form of a polygon rotating rigidly with a speed different from that of the
plate. With water we have observed polygons with up to 6 corners. It has been known
for many years that such flows are prone to symmetry breaking, but apparently the
polygonal surface shapes have never been observed. The creation of rotating internal
waves in a similar setup was observed for much lower rotation rates, where the free
surface remains essentially flat [1]-[3]. We speculate that the instability is caused by the
strong azimuthal shear due to the stationary walls and that it is triggered by minute
wobbling of the rotating plate.
The slight asymmetry induces a tendency for modelocking
between the plate and the polygon, where the polygon rotates by one corner
for each complete rotation of the plate.

There aint no bucket edges on saturn. Its just not a satisfactory explanation.

A similar sort of thing occurs in hurricanes too, heres a pentagram....

Btw, its not cymatics, thats vibration.

Hyperdimensional physics is the best explantion ive heard so far.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is just a fluid resonance that happens here on earth in very strong Hurricanes with extremely high winds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/538a21d18fc9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Give this a read and it will go a long way into explaining many other anomalies too. Its really interesting reading.

www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Yes that was created in a controlled water experiment. I dont thinks Saturn Vortex is water related theres a reason that the 6th planet has a 6 sided vortex. Astral travel there and see for yourselves just dont go into it. I think there is a technology related issue with the Saturn HEX. I mean how hard would it of been all these years to PROBE IT LIKE WE HAVE JUPITER ATMOSPHERE AND MARS AND VENUS. Whats the hold up ?!?!?!?! Not allowed to be their as of yet
The wrong energy emitted within it will close it........... ASTRAL!
edit on 11/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Top of an icosahedron?

Guess what your theory fits Jupiter too....

cuz it seems to have a pentagon.

edit on 16-11-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
doesn't it spin? or maybe it stays stationary while the planet moves, something odd like that i forget?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

It does spin, yep.
Footage of it is at this youtube link.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Now here 1 astral question ARE THEIR ANY OTHER PLANETARY HEXES. And if so are they all connected

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There is an interesting coincidence in that the ratio pi resonates with hex values here is the formula.

crd.lbl.gov...

I sometimes wondered if the halos seen in some paintings of angels were an artists depiction of the "visions" seen by ancient mathematicians?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Saturns hexagon is created by a current pinch.

The hexagon cloud patterns are a clear manefiestation of an electrical plasma z pinch.

Quoting Plasma Physicist Wal Thornhill, “The blue (false color) auroral ring shows that the current flows into Saturn via a cylindrical electron beam propagating along Saturn's magnetic field and magnetically pinching (known as a Z-pinch) down to the polar region.”

“One of the outstanding problems in the propagation of electron beams along an axial magnetic field is the breakup of the beam into discrete vortex-like current bundles when a threshold determined by either the beam current or distance of propagation is surpassed. The vortices of the diocotron instability are found to occur over 12 orders of magnitude in beam current. This mechanism was first introduced to explain auroral curtains by Hannes Alfvén.”

—From Physics of the Plasma Universe by Anthony Peratt.

The following paper contains images of Saturn's "Hexagon" recreated in a plasma physics lab:

Microwave Generation from Filamentation and Vortex Formation within Magnetically Confined Electron Beams
public.lanl.gov...

Plasma cosmology provides the answers you seek.

edit on 16-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Nventual

probably this:
news.discovery.com...

The Oxford researchers made a model of Saturn's North Pole. A slowly-spinning cylinder of water represented Saturn's atmosphere, and a small, rapidly-spinning ring represented a jet stream. They added some fluorescent green dye, and got a pretty well-defined hexagon.

Thanks for the link, and for all of the other responses from others.

I am still struggling with the fact that the pics of the hexagon shot by both Voyager and Cassini are *very* regular - far less uneven than many of the lab experiments, and finally - the fact that it has remained so for so many years vs. something that could be temporarily formed thru some of the processes outlined.

I guess that is why the experts are still saying that it is still a mystery.

I have a hunch there is much more going on here than we have the capability of understanding at the present time.

Besides - that amazing and wonderful "music" that was recently discovered in the radio signals that were received from Saturn just blows me away. Supposedly all that was done was to uniformly adjust the frequencies of the signal by a factor of 5 so they would be in the range of human hearing.

If that's true - there is *no way* that was a result of any natural process or 1 in a googleplex coincidence.

top topics

join