It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy company bans pig's from play set in case it offends muslims or jews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A children's shop has removed toy pigs from farmyard sets in case they offend Muslims and Jews.
The Early Learning Centre ditched the pig from its HappyLand Goosefeather Farm toy set after it upset some customers.
One mother realised the pig was missing from the set she bought for her daughter’s birthday when she found a pig sty and a button that made oinking noises, but no pig.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is the type of politically correct nonsense that causes more harm than good.
This toy company hasn't actually asked these religious group's if they are offended by this they just presumed they would be.
So it seem's to me that this company is stereotyping these people, which by the politically correct own definition is racist.
So I'd interested hear what the jewish and muslim members think about this, are you more offended by a plastic a pig or people who assume you will be and ban thing's on your behalf without actually asking you first.

edit on 16-11-2010 by monobrow because: fix link

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The Daily Mail is at it again! When are you going to realize that this is nothing but a rag, designed to feed the fire of Muslim hatred and fear? This POS is being used more and more for sources here on ATS and it's ALWAYS about Muslims. You're being played.

If the company wants to remove the pig, it's totally their choice. It's their company. If you don't like it, don't give them your money! Buy another farm set to play with.

Originally posted by monobrow
This toy company hasn't actually asked these religious group's if they are offended by this they just presumed they would be.

Did you read your own post???

The Early Learning Centre ditched the pig from its HappyLand Goosefeather Farm toy set after it upset some customers.

And from the article

Complaints: The toy pig was removed from the farm set after customers complained on religious grounds
Last night, the retailer did a U-turn and agreed to bring back the pigs after disappointed families complained at such a move driven by political correctness.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What's YOUR agenda?

Sorry, I'm not in a very sweet mood this morning.
edit on 11/16/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think a few negative feedback from customers is representing a whole religion.
I did not see in the article any religious authority condemning this so I assume they done this of they're own back.
The reason I posted this article is to hear from members from these religious groups if they are offend by people or groups who ban thing's on they're behalf.
For example christmas is coming up so how long before we get the usual XMAS IS BANNED headline's and then blame's some council's pandering to some religion. When the majority of the people of that religion couldn't careless whether we call it xmas ,winter festival or the holiday season.
IMO the actions of some of these pc group causes more harm than good as it causes resentment against certain minorities group's for no reason.

BTW my only agenda is to learn not to cause hatred.

edit on 16-11-2010 by monobrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

IMO the actions of some of these pc group causes more harm than good as it causes resentment against certain minorities group's for no reason.

That could definitely happen, but they will learn. When people let them know that they weren't happy with the PC behavior, the company put the pig back in.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes you are correct they did reinstate the pig, and this case common sense prevailed.
But how many people reading this article will blame muslims or jews for the ban in the first place which as far I as I can tell it had nothing to do with them.
I know it sounds pathetic getting work up about a plastic pig or lack of of one in this case but some people will.
They will see it as pandering to a religion that as the media would have you believe hate's them and everything they stand for when this is untrue.
You only have to look at the poppy burning muslim article that was splashed all over the internet but barely a mention about these muslims
www.croydonguardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

But how many people reading this article will blame muslims or jews for the ban in the first place

You're basically asking me how many people are ignorant. And I'm very sad to say that there are MILLIONS of people who will blame Muslims and Jews. But that is the responsibility of those people. There is no "blame" necessary. Companies like this toy company are perfectly within their right to remove the pig for whatever reason they wish. THEY are responsible for their decisions, not Muslims and Jews. People who blame Muslims and Jews are just looking for a reason to hate them anyway.

You only have to look at the poppy burning muslim article that was splashed all over the internet but barely a mention about these muslims
www.croydonguardian.co.uk...

Yes, that's the MEDIA trying to play on the fears and ignorance of the people. And anyone who buys into the media these days needs to do some serious thinking about what they are believing.

Nice article, by the way.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Companies like this toy company are perfectly within their right to remove the pig for whatever reason they wish. THEY are responsible for their decisions,

I agree but they shouldn't have used the excuse on religious ground's when no authority figure from these religion's have asked them to.
It seem's as though they presumed they would be offended when they're not. (That's my own assumption)
Which will cause people to believe that these religion's where behind the ban in the first place.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nice article, by the way.

Well I must say it did cheer me up after burning poppy one.
It's always nice to get a bit of balance.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

tbh i for one am sick to the back teeth of tip toeing round muslims, this is absolutely ridiculous if true, a pig is a pig, they live, they are there, we eat them, they are on farms, first u remove the toy (which is idiotic as children need to learn) whats next, a pig cull? kill all the pigs on the planet because they offend muslims? or jews?

i for one have no problem with muslims, jews whatever, u are what u are , which faith u follow is thier own concern, but i feel as though i should be walking on eggshells in case i eat a bacon buttie in front of a muslim?

its just getting out of hand now, and all this nonsense needs to be stopped, let people have thier beliefs but dont push them on to others in the form of insesitivity etc, THE PIG STAYS! if u dont like pigs, dont look, dont eat them but they are there ..deal with it.

geeeeez! ok rant over

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
tbh i for one am sick to the back teeth of tip toeing round muslims,

Why do you do it, then? I don't and I'm doing all right.

i feel as though i should be walking on eggshells in case i eat a bacon buttie in front of a muslim?

Why? Stop it.

(I don't know what a bacon buttie is, but all of a sudden I'm hungry)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I understand your frustration but it wasn't actually muslims or jews who asked for the ban, the company had a few complaint's from customers but not from any religious authority.
So it was the company that decided on the ban on they're behalf.
And after reading some of the comments below the article from some muslims and jews they could not care less about the pig being included.

Here's an example of a couple of the comments

That's crazy! I'm a Muslim, & I don't understand how could Muslims be offended by one of God's creations. Pigs exist, just don't eat pork.
Will they ban playing 'piggy-in-the-middle' next?
- Paleochora, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia,

What on earth is going on with this country, I am Jewish and have never been offended by pigs toy or real. I had a toy farm as a child and my parents didn´t have hysterics because there was a plastic pig amongst the animals.

My estimation of Early Learning has just taken a dive.
- Millie, Petersfield England, 16/11/2010 7:13

edit on 16-11-2010 by monobrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You don't know what a bacon butty is ?
Oh you are missing a culinary delight especially with brown sauce. (Don't ask me what in it though I Haven't a clue)

new topics

top topics

join