It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit Bull Conspiracy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm neither a pit bull type**** lover or hater (I'm more of a cat person so I have 2 great Pyrenees* as close to a cat as you can get and still be a dog...in fact my cat is more doglike than these two white never on the right side of a door, won't come on command, shedding machines- at least they know right from wrong)

My own life chronology of popular dogs overbred by popularity to the point where they are likely to dangerously snap are ...cocker spaniels(lady &the tramp), dalmatians (101 Dalmatians), German Sheppard (started out with Rin Tin Tin, but Run Joe Run made it seam like a dog anyone could), doberman (the doberman gang), rottweiler,(bigger meaner tougher version of the doberman gang) pit-bull (No media but propagated through dog fighting and word of mouth)
Since the pit-bull has had the longest reign as the macho dog they have had more time and tolerance of of the bad genetics, not by any means limited to this species, horses**, cattle and well, most any sort of livestock at all if they carry some desirable trait undesirable traits will be brushed under the rug if their saleable points outweigh their negative factors.

Since the minimum cost of husbandry of this sort of animal is low, they are over-bred and under culled so you have a lot of dogs desirable to owners who themselves are not very responsible. In short society has steered the most irresponsible, least likely to ask for help with a problem, In my own estimation they are trying to replace their own lack of societal power and influence by owning such a powerful animal that although they might be able to manage it while it is young and impressionable the owners cannot maintain the same dominance once the animal reaches maturity and the hormone induced aggression kicks in. Have a slight acquaintance with one of those types of horseman who is missing three fingers because in his early twenties (when he was at the age of trying to woo future wives) by owning and handling a beautiful brave animal he made the mistake of letting the wrong stallion remain a stallion a week too long, by his own quest for macho pride he is scarred for life. I purchased a very well bred stallion but since the sire was nearby could not justify a life of isolation & frustration and I had him un- stallioned- he is happier now that he can be in a herd group acting like a normal horse***

(Unless you are a close up stallion owner with years of experience just keep your views to yourself - reading a book about how someone else did Y method with X horse doesn't make you a horse whisperer even if you read the book)

*Accounts of this while fine in it's own right, but admittedly not for most type of breed can be found here www.great-pyrenees-club-of-southern-ontario.com... also represented in a working stance on the avatar of one of our better forum members - not myself..

**Multiple accounts on COTH by the owners/former mostly of these types of very pricey typey capable animal animal.

***Unless you are a close up true (the plastic breyer horses don't count,. Nor does watching 'The miracle of the white stallions, Spirit, Stallion of the Cimmeron, Seabiscuit or anything else on a screen reading any book on stallion management etc etc) Until you are actually stallion owner with years of experience from 2 hours a day under 1 meter away just keep your views to yourself that is all they are - views not experience. I know I won't hear anything from actual horse owners but praise because they don't want the competition, ... those owners of a close relative of a top performing gelding don't seem to keep it under wraps.

**** Except for one dog on youtube called Sparky even though he is short haired, pit-bull and everything 'not' my style this dog would be welcome into out family and flock. He and others like him should be elected to be the ambassador of the well bred pit-bullish type dogs. The breed as a whole has been ruined by breeding for aggressiveness, gameness etc everything except what is true and good in this dogs. IMHO It has gone too far and the owners of fine dogs of pit bull lines should network form a new breed of dogs under a some other different and call it a new breed. ( Andalusian vs Lustinio same breed different names)[
edit on 12-7-2011 by ...5... because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

A dog is only as smart as its owner.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

We had a collie that turned nuts after having pups, she kill 3 of her pups and attacked everyone. We had to shoot her. Anything can happen its how you deal with it.
My dogs come when call or I go get em.
They stop immodestly when commanded or they get the hold down.
Dogs are easy to train but some of them are life humans a little nuts, they should be destroyed and all dogs should be trained to obey at least a few must commands.
Any dog can be trained to attack and any dog can be trained to not.
If a dog attacks someone the owner should be slapped.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul47 They stop immodestly when commanded
I'm lost. How can a dog be immodest? Shave off it's fur and start prancing ?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree its how you raise and train them. Ive had two pitbulls come up to me while i was sitting in the park one day in a picnic. I looked up and there they were. They belonged to the guy who was hosting the bbq and they just sniffed me and went along their way. I admit i was terrified but i remember to just remain calm. So it all depends on the trainer and how they are raised as pups.

If it was a NWO agenda we would see the same things being said against German Shepherds which we dont!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ...5...

Sorry they stop immediately

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
oops, too serious to play with.
edit on 12-7-2011 by ...5... because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join