It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My plea to ATS and the only prediction I will ever make.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What innuendo and what insults?? If you feel insulted by something I said, maybe you should look within yourself to find out why you feel that way. At no time have I insulted you.

Well someone is certainly sensitive and it's not me. Maybe your sensitive cause you have (admittedly) made predictions yourself that did not come to pass based on some random person's blog.

You haven't addressed my questions though.

I am insulted by being called sensitive.
It's not within me, my HUMAN RIGHTS say that i have the right to be offended by anything i want. It's called political correctness, which i believe you are propagating.

It seems to me that you are similarly offended by the thoughts and actions of others, and would like them better controlled. if not voluntarily, then by force. Where have i heard that before?

And WRT your example of a good thread, perhaps it was, i flagged it too. I could also accuse it of baseless fear mongering. 5 years later and the fears expressed have still not come to anything? It's all VERY subjective.

Make suggestions and so on, but stop trying to censor ATS, or anywhere else, please.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

From what I can gather he is calling me a homosexual

Uranian is a 19th century term that referred to a person of a third sex — originally, someone with "a female psyche in a male body" who is sexually attracted to men, and later extended to cover homosexual gender variant females, and a number of other sexual types.

source

I'm confused now... was he not the poster who claimed that I was being insulting? This must be the same logic that would convince someone that a Nuclear Attack is going to happen based on a cartoon.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OP, what kind of topics are you looking for on ATS?

I've always know ATS to be notorious for "alternative" topics and crazy conspiracy theories.

Are you looking for "evidence-based" topics?

Down-to-earth articles?

I'm wondering if you should stop reading ATS, and pick up a newspaper.

ATS may not be right for you.

Please tell us what topics you want to see!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

LOL ... well i made it up, nothing new under the sun is there?

And no, if you think i thought there was going to be a nuke, well goes to show you are wrong.

My interest is primarily that there was subliminal messages in a cartoon.

That the subliminal content was intentionally inserted is beyond doubt. You are betraying your ignorance. Did you even read the thread you so soundly condemn?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

You haven't addressed my questions though.

But I have addressed your questions. I'm guessing you simply do not like the answers.

I am insulted by being called sensitive.
It's not within me, my HUMAN RIGHTS say that i have the right to be offended by anything i want. It's called political correctness, which i believe you are propagating.

I am far from a politically correct person and that is not what I am propagating. I am simply stating that we should take pride in this site. We should want the top story that is seen by even the most casual of visitors to be something that actually means something. Let it be reflective of the research that gets done here. The effort that is put in. The real work that is done to find any type of real evidence and get to the truth of the subject.

It seems to me that you are similarly offended by the thoughts and actions of others, and would like them better controlled. if not voluntarily, then by force. Where have i heard that before?

This is just laughable. I am not offended by anyone's thoughts but there are some actions I do find very offensive as any thinking person would. No where in any post I have made is there any mention of "controlling" anyone and please please please show me where I say anything remotely close to forcing anyone to do any thing.

And WRT your example of a good thread, perhaps it was, i flagged it too. I could also accuse it of baseless fear mongering. 5 years later and the fears expressed have still not come to anything? It's all VERY subjective.

I agree it was very subjective... but you know what else I saw in it? You know what makes that thread so "flag worthy"? It was a member who got off his backside and physically went to the place. It was based on what was witnessed, it had real evidence. It had something that is lacking in our 400+ flagged thread. It had real facts, but if interpretive evidence is what you like, think about this. That Simpson's cartoon had the clock which showed the time as 6:11 and the shape of the clock was in a 10. What if the date is actually 6-10-2011? or 10-6-2011? That is the difference.

Make suggestions and so on, but stop trying to censor ATS, or anywhere else, please.

And that is exactly what this thread is. It suggest using the subscribe feature over flagging. I am suggesting that we all take some responsibility in what we flag and why we flag it. Rather than flagging a thread we find interesting, we subscribe to it instead and see how it goes. If the thread then sparks good debate, critical thinking, real evidence in place of speculative nonsense..

then flag it to the top

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

That the subliminal content was intentionally inserted is beyond doubt. You are betraying your ignorance. Did you even read the thread you so soundly condemn?

Did I read every single post in the thread? No I did not. I did read a fair portion of the thread.

Now I am not condemning the thread. I have no issue with the thread. What I take issue with is that it received 400+ flags and due to those flags it will sit at the top of ATS, on the main board. Where it represents this site that touts "Deny Ignorance" and it is based on a cartoon.

The thread is not about subliminal messaging in cartoons. If that was the case, you could make an argument that it would be worth 400+ flags and a spot on the main board. It would certainly be an interesting topic and I am sure the evidence would be overwhelmingly in favor of such. However that thread is titled "Nuclear Attack in 3 days" it is not titled "Subliminal Messaging in Cartoons" and that is the difference.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You didn't, you prevaricated, and then provided some rhetoric justifying your position.

This is all about your personal preferences and preconceptions.

I'm done. (sans flag).

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I guess if me pointing out the facts about the one thread out of my many examples is rhetoric, than I am guilty as charged. So let us not let facts get in the way of our daily doom.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well people are allowed to flag whatever they want even if you dont agree. Dont get me wrong, you put forth a very good arguement. My suggestion is to just ignore them. This site has really changed alot in the last couple of years with more people becoming members and it seems like inteligence has been lowered due to this.
I myself just try to look for forums that have some kind of real meat and sources.
Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Are you aware that you come across as being single minded and post in an arrogant fashion.
Not insulting as such but the tone is very crisp.
If you would like civil replies then maybe try to do the same.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Now actually I enjoy the Predictions & Prophecies forums. At no point did I say I disliked it. I actually like my fair share of doom and gloom. I like reading about the dreams people had. I actually believe some people can dream future events. However, it is one thing to say "this is my dream and this is what I got from it" and saying "I had a dream and the world WILL come to an end because my dream said so".

I agree.. I think wording is everything. I posted a dream I had and well it was scary and I would never claim my dream was a future event because I don't know for sure. The dream state to me is an interesting state, what do we really know about it?

[ufo]I can even make the same complaint in regards to the UFO forums. I like that forum. There is some really interesting things in there that are worthy of debate, but why is it that those threads don't get all the attention they deserve, but if I hang a hubcap from a string and take a picture of it and say that Aliens are invading and landed in my back yard it will get flagged to the moon?

I agree many threads get ignored for the more sensationally titled ones. I love to look back at the threads in that forum from years ago, many gems in there.

I mean really.. 98 flags for pictures of cattle cars?
and the examples I listed are just the tip of the iceberg.

Well I look at flags in different ways. Just because it was flagged that many times it doesn't mean the people flagging it like it, they could just be flagging it to get others attention to help figure out what is going on. I know I have flagged some threads because I had no idea what it was about and wanted more information.

I don't look at flags when it comes to reading a thread. I don't care about how many flags or stars the thread or the OP have. I look at content.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Heres a good question...does everyone who agrees with this post want censorship simply because they dissagree? DONT READ THEM!!! I dont agree with them either but so what, they have a right to say what they wish. End of discussion.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am new to this site and have noticed a high amount of prediction threads. Some were well done some were just plain coocoo. The OP is correct when they say that all these threads make us look a bit loony. I just hope that this doesn't cause the boy who cried wolf effect. It would be a shame if someone had some good info and it was dismissed as false due to all the other garbage that has been predicted as of late.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

Yea they have a right to say what they want, but there are certain standards you have to adhere to. Otherwise this site would just become a dumping ground for the internets insane. You have to maintain some sort of scientific connection, whether it be in your methodology or your logic in order to give what you say credibility.

"Tom and Jerry contains hidden messages of Niburus approach, OMG we are all doomed!" is neither helpful, intelligent or interesting to read. Its just some idiot scaring himself. That type of thread leads to a very ignorant atmosphere where people believe things without questioning them. The whole point of ATS is the search for the truth (or at least it used to be, before all the nutters came along), this site is slowly losing sight of one of its key goals and is drowning in internet junk posts.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The fact that people are trying to second guess the next moves, is IMO symptomatic of a couple of significnt facts:

1. We have a government which murders at will and which constantly lies to the people.

2. There is an observed history of too many 'uncanny' 'coincidences' in many, many areas, including images from films and cartoons accurately forshadowing actual events. Coincidences which defy every single law of probability.

3. Thirdly, there is a known stimulus/response dynamic called partial reinforcement. This has been well researched and evidenced. By giving intermittent and unpredictable stimuli to the test subjects, anxiety levels were seen to increase. To me this is a technique which the government is using as a form of psychological terrorism/torture on the masses. The kind of responses you are condemning is the predictable response to this kind of aggression by TPTB. As such, it is an attempt to make sense of an increasingly illogical world. A compassionate response would be more appropriate.

And of course, there will also be other people with 'problems' who will enter the fray.

Not all 'prediction' threads fall into the same category, it is quite easy to differentiate between them.

I personally am not interested in predictions of the kind which have allegedly been 'channelled' by alleged 'higher beings'. However, I respect the right and the freedom of others to believe in those things and discuss them without being ridiculed. I am, and will continue to be vigilant about any 'coincidences' I see in the media which might conceivably be foreshadowing an actual event. And I will participate in any such thread on ATS as I wish.

I would like to make a request too, to ATS posters. Why can't you just live and let live?

What's with all the nasty, scornful, insulting that goes on towards others who participate in such threads.

These responses are redolent of the same kind of attitude the current gubberment has towards the people. Specifically, 'We don't like what they are saying. Imprison them, shoot them, but shut them up.'

Why not siimply avoid threads which don't interest you, or which seem ridiculous to you?

Can't you simply live and let live, or are you on a mission to re-make ATS in your own image?

After all, it's a public forum and I defend my right to participate in 'ridiculous' discussions if I so wish.

edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So my question is: how far away should predictions be placed, for your and others sensitivities? What should be changed to prevent the "crazies" saying anything else that may embarass you?

Well someone is certainly sensitive and it's not me. Maybe your sensitive cause you have (admittedly) made predictions yourself that did not come to pass based on some random person's blog. Hey.. at least in your thread you didn't promote it as "This will happen, stock up on food and water. The end is nigh", however that is usually what we get from most of these types of threads. I am also not embarrassed by what people say in their predictions, if anything they should be embarrassed for making some of these predictions. Think about it... really. You preach nuclear war is imminent based on a cartoon. If I were to sit here and tell you the end of the world will be today because the Coyote finally caught the Roadrunner today, you'd be a fool to believe it. Sure we can discuss how heavy the anvil was that fell on the roadrunner, but do we have to flag that kind of stupidity so every single person who visits ATS can see that nonsense first over something not based on a blog, cartoon, old dead person?

The way you defend these types of threads reminds me of the defenders of the Reptilian threads who were up in arms when their post were moved to Skunk Works.

Actually, you clearly are being sensitive, I quote from your OP:

"I'm sick of seeing that. The truth is, it makes everyone who visits this site, and takes the time to read these "prediction" threads perceive us all as idiots."

This is not a statement of fact, it's a statement of subjective opinion. Nor is it accurate. "It makes everyone who visits this site.....perceive us all as idiots". is clearly not based in fact, unless you have interviewed everyoone who comes to this site about this question - which I suspect is not the case. But it is clear that you DO feel embarrassed by this imaginary scenario that people will be considering you an idiot or a loony.

YOUR sensitivies have created this belief. And even if it were true, it is only YOUR sensitivities which have a problem about being considered a 'loony' - many others might not mind that at all. For example, it is the constant experience of those pushing for a proper investigation of 9/11. They are constantly being attacked and labelled as loony's and worse.

So, might I respectuflly suggest that you follow the advice you are giving to others - and look within rather than trying to change ATS so it doesn't impinge on your personal sensitivities or your own thin skin.
edit on 8-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Brilliant thread. I agree with everything that you have said.

But doesn't this belong in the rants forum?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Brilliant thread. I agree with everything that you have said.

But doesn't this belong in the rants forum?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

No flags there..
So its a rant here

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

I agree with the Mr. Wendel. I would be interested to hear what people think ATS is for. Maybe I'm not comprehending your comments, but it seems you are saying people should be able to put any BS on here and not be questioned about it.

I have seen posters being ridiculed on ATS. BUT ONLY after someone questions them about their prediction and the poster comes back with nothing.

If your going to post some prediction, you ought to be expecting to get questioned, if you can't handle it why are you posting in the first place? If you feel strongly about your prediction than a little criticism should not deter you from supporting your "warning" I think the people who get very offended about criticism on their predictions are the ones who are just spouting BS to get attention.

I support what Mr. Wendel said. I have no problem with predictions, just be prepared to back them up.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sounds like flag envy to me. Just remember, you can't really do anything with them.

Lots of people hated my thread but if you would have followed it page-for-page you might have seen a lot of brilliant minds coming together, researching, learning....

But hey, it got too many flags and stars, so who cares?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join