It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educated Families Rejecting Vaccines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Remarkably, the vaccine industry insists that "they're the stupid ones" because they don't believe the vaccine propaganda. But as it turns out, the American people are smarter than the vaccine industry thinks, and as they're learning the truth about seasonal flu vaccines, they're making informed, intelligent decisions to protect their children from such vaccines.

Full Story

This guy is spot on about Vitamin D. Vaccines are completely unnecessary. The fact that you can't send your kids to a public school or even university without proof of vaccination, coupled with the fact that education is compulsory in the US, shows once again how the government is in bed with Big Pharma. God knows what they actually put in these things. At least people are starting to wake up, or it appears so anyway.

Another story from the same site (which is chock full of useful information) regarding the H1N1 vaccine:

H1N1 & Miscarriages

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Now I agree that some seasonal flu vaccines are dangerous, but however you cannot dismiss the fact that they can also help if used for good.

All this vaccine talk, and not the talk about the people who make it, is giving a helpful vaccine a bad name.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
fair enough if people want to get it, but i think people should have the choice to get it or not without it bien "necessary" to get education like it is here!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

The reason vaccines are getting such bad names is because of all the big pharma companies and videos like these. Mind you this is bill gates talking about global issues and how he believes we need to reduce the worlds population.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Stryker Ops because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I never understood the flu shot thing. I never get one (and never will if I have my way). What I don't get is how they think they can predict the strains of flu that will be prevalent over a season.

Aside from that- I'll take my lumps and build antibodies the natural way. I shouldn't say that I never get sick and possibly jinx myself but....

link   
My mouse is misbehaving and making me double post

edit on 5-11-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

link   
My children go to public school and are not vaccinated. It is a myth (at least in California) that you cannot go to school if unvaccinated. You simply have to sign a form stating you choose not to vaccinate your children.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes it is known that vaccines can have bad side effects, however you rarely hear of the extreme side effects happening considering the number of people who take them. Mild side effects are more common, but I would rather have the side effects for a few days rather than catch a serious disease such as diphtheria. Also, I believe that vaccines are helpful, for instance look at that measles outbreak that happened in New York. People who had not taken the vaccine got sick and begun spreading it to others who had not been vaccinated.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I read an article this week about similar results from the UK, it's the educated parents that are rejecting vaccines. It's a decision that takes a lot of thought and understanding, of many factors, which the less educated don't take into account.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Most vaccines are a total sham and nothing but a way to use government power to enrich the pharma industry. Public policy and its relationship to mandatory vaccinations has been exposed for years. Intelligent folks can make a decision regarding vaccines. Its a personal business and with vaccines like the flu vaccine, which is currently voluntary are not such an issue. If you are foolish enough to read the rubbish posted in every doctor's office, in every drug store and in the news every year and get yourself a flu vaccine, good for you. I choose not to get any vaccine that is not required.

Its the required vaccines that I have a problem with. In Washington State kids need to have a Hep A vaccine in order to attend school. Here are a few facts about Hep A

- only 5-6% of people in the US ever get Hep A
- Hep A typically goes away on its own. Drinking lots of water and eating healthy speeds recovery
- Once you have had Hep A you can never get it again
- Hep A, unlike Hep C does not cause long term liver damage
- You get Hep A from contact with a human stool or by having sex with an infected person.

Given that information, why would a state mandate a vaccine for Hep A? It certainly is a nasty disease, but not life threatening. There is no public health crisis created from Hep A.

Why would the government force millions of kids to get this vaccine when 95% of them will never get the disease? These statistics, by the way were determined PRIOR to the forced vaccinations.

There is only one reason and that is the public pressure which origniates from Big Pharma spiffing politicians.

With the massive investments the drug companys have made in the development, creation and distribution of flu vaccines it is only a matter of time before the flu vaccine is mandatory.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I read an article this week about similar results from the UK, it's the educated parents that are rejecting vaccines. It's a decision that takes a lot of thought and understanding, of many factors, which the less educated don't take into account.

I think it has a lot to do with our instant gratification, drive-thru culture. The less educated (or just plain uneducated) simply don't want to take the time to research how to naturally maintain a healthy immune system--finding out how their bodies react to certain foods in order to maintain a diet suited for their particular needs, taking the right supplements if necessary, etc. They just want a shot in the arm and be on their merry way so they don't have to think about it and can get back to watching American Idol while eating their #2 combo from McDonald's.

Intellectual laziness, if you will.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One other thing I don't understand. How would a proper diet and taking supplements prevent you from contracting a disease such as tetanus?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

I don't even have to read naturalnews.com to know what junk claims they're going to make. It's basically a completely illiterate guy making random claims about something he has no idea about.

Topics like this make me laugh at least.

And your welcome for providing herd immunity.

Please throw yourself into a group of people with something like polio and tell me if you'd rather have a vaccine or an orange.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My two small children have had their basic immunizations for polio, measles, mumps, rubella, but that's it.

I got a lot of stink-eye from other moms during the swine flu debacle, but I stood my ground on my decision not to just drop everything and run to the nearest drugstore and inject my children with something that may or may not work for a disease that may or may not even exist in & of itself.

I have already filed the necessary paperwork for immunizations exemptions in the State of Texas and I advise any mother seeking exemptions for their child to do the same in their respective states.

My decision is very educated, that's why I've decided NOT to perpetually immunize my children.
The more you learn, the less likely you will be to perpetually immunize.
edit on 5-11-2010 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Where would you find a group of people with Polio? Do you know anyone under the age of 70 who was born in a western nation who was a victim of polio? Do they hide with the lepers which is why we can't find them?

How many people do you know that got the Swine Flu, the latest "pandemic" since the Avian Flu of a few years ago. What a joke. In the private sector companys are developing contingency plans on the flu, disaster recovery scenarios, bringing in consultants, making presentations to boards about their plans, running table top exercises on pandemic. The cost of that waste of time was in the $billions.

Are their vaccines that folks should probably get? Sure. If you have other contributing health issues does getting a particular vaccine more logical? You bet. If you spend time in the 3rd world should you get vaccines that folks who don't travel to those locals get? Maybe.

This notion of impending doom over this disease or that disease is nothing but corporate/government agitprop.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

According to the 2004 National Immunization Survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 92 percent of children aged 19 to 35 months living in the United States were vaccinated against polio. About 95.5 percent of US children are vaccinated against polio before school entry.

This is why you won't find anyone with Polio in the US, because most people were vaccinated young effectively eradicating it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For a nation like ours, that is the most overvaccinated nation in the world we are not doing any better than any other developing nation when it comes to diseases and health.

Actually with all the big pharma "remedies" we are one of the fattest nation and soon to be the most diabetic one.

What that tells you? meanwhile big pharma is creating all assortment of pills to keep Americans hook on pills but none cure anything, people are dying from side effects of pills everyday to become the highest in history very soon, thanks to our legislators passing laws to protect pharma interest.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobby131

Thats the beauty of it though. 95% are vaccinated against a disease that they are highly unlikely to get and the low infection rates are attributed to the vaccine. My point is that were they not vaccinated they would be highly unlikely to get it, hence the vaccine should at best be a voluntary thing.

It is the same deal with Hep A which I described above. 95% of people will never get it and it goes away on its own. OK, now we are vaccinating millions of people for a disease they are not likely to get. The beauty of it is that the CDC (which is a government/big-pharma organ) will tout a "95% of US children have not been infected with Hep A, ain't we great?". The numbers would not have changed absent the mandated vaccine.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobby131

What have eradicated most childhood diseases is improvement on hygiene and sanitation we are not longer carrying water from the rivers and wells to the house to drink, neither have farm animals roaming the streets in the cities.

Feces of human and animals are one of the worst carriers of diseases.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I believe the rationale for vaccinating children for diseases can be best explained by using the example of the situation that happened in New York sometime back. Someone caught measles and then it began to spread through the portion of the population who were not vaccinated. They want people to be vaccinated to prevent this like this from spreading and possibly starting an epidemic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join