It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opt out of a Body Scan? Then Brace Yourself!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

finance.yahoo.com

HAVING been taught by nuns in grade school and later going through military boot camp, I have always disliked uniformed authorities shouting at me. So I was unhappy last week when some security screeners at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago started yelling.

“Opt out! We got an opt out!” one bellowed about me in a tone that people in my desert neighborhood in Tucson usually reserve for declaring, “Rattlesnake!”

Other screeners took up the “Opt out!” shout. I was marched from the metal detector lane to one of those nearby whole-body imagers, ordered to take everything o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I don't really know what to say, about this other than I'm very annoyed perhaps more.
Since no one is going to do anything about this complaining probably will not help. From what hear t is going to get worse.
I'm just surprised to see this on Yahoo homepage, but then again it's probably the new campaign for "cracking down" on the people. Strangely enough I travel quite a bit and I have yet to go through one of these machines by I guess what amounts to pure happenstance I'm always directed around it. LOL
By the way if this is already posted, sorry. I suffer from VSI, syndrome (Very slow internet), and I tried searching.

finance.yahoo.com
edit on 4-11-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Mass resistance.

Fly only if you HAVE to.

Rent one way cars, car pool, take the bus, the train, do whatever you have to do.

If you own stock in these companies, sell it.

When you do have to fly, get to the airport early, tell them you're not going through the naked body scanner. If you're female, request that a female does the screening.

None of this will be easy, but be prepared to take a stand. If it gets to the point where they are trying to force us to get virtually strip searched and radiated; tell them you'd rather not get on the plane...

Airport body scanners 'could give you cancer', warns expert

American Patriot Airline Pilot FED-UP!!

How to opt out of the TSA's naked body scanners at the airport

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

One other thing to add to this list: Teleconferencing. Use it at home too. You can have dinner with relatives and friends whenever you like for as long as you like. Beats extortionate prices, cramped seats, bad food, stinky filthy toilets, and jet lag - not to mention the above-mentioned indignities.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I agree, I live 10,000 miles away from my family, and I always use Yahoo calling with a web camera.
It is only as expensive as my monthly internet bill which where I live is free.

They're going to keep pissing people off, and hopefully they will lose so much business they will have no choice but to lighten the F up.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
They do that to public humilate you by drawing an audience and making a scene to try and make you look like a fool like sometimes wrong with you and to make a statement to other that may opose their radiation chambers. They're trying to condition us and train us to accept it make us look like were not with the in crowd peer pressure 101 make us look like the outcast if we dont do it. Dont worry tho those dumb bastards on powertrips helping the the establishment by yelling and violating people they're gettin loads of backscatters from those machines.
edit on 4-11-2010 by Brad Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It wouldn't bother me if the airline industry collapsed at this point. For that matter if the entire US economy collapsed.

After all, what's the point of freedom if you're treated like an inmate at a federal penitentiary. Screw the airlines and screw the TSA. I'll be driving, taking a bus or train & only fly if I have little time or need to go overseas.

Here's another article "How to opt out of the Naked body scanners at the airport"

It seems the TSA is attempting to humiliate passengers who opt out by creating extra unwarranted attention to them as part of their standard procedure.

He then proceeded to shout out loudly enough for all the other travelers and TSA agents to hear, "OPT OUT! OPT OUT!" This is no doubt designed to attract attention (or perhaps humiliation) to those who choose to opt out of the naked body scanner.

The TSA has been told to tell everyone that these scanners are safe, but the fact is they don't really know. Some believe that it may cause skin cancer, but all is just speculation at this point.

They all just lined up like cattle to have their bodies scanned with ionizing radiation.

edit on 4-11-2010 by verylowfrequency because: cuz

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad Jones
They do that to public humilate you by drawing an audience and making a scene to try and make you look like a fool like sometimes wrong with you and to make a statement to other that may opose their radiation chambers. They're trying to condition us and train us to accept it make us look like were not with the in crowd peer pressure 101 make us look like the outcast if we dont do it. Dont worry tho those dumb bastards on powertrips helping the the establishment by yelling and violating people they're gettin loads of backscatters from those machines.

What really goes against my grain is that all the employees who may get ill eventually from these machines will probably chalk it up to getting cancer in the line of duty. They will probably even come out with some kind of ridiculous metal to be awarded to all those saps who (sacrificed so much in the name of stopping terrorism)....SARCASM....

But Im sure they will get some kind of cancer, if the scanners are not overtly named they will probably claim something else did it. like jet fuel fumes or something...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

haha they'll prob each get the Medal of Honor and a purple heart, hell if Obama can get the Nobel Peace Prize then the sky's the limit

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad Jones

SO just for the sake of morbid curiosity...When a "terrorist" sneaks on to a plane with an ANAL BOMB, are the people going to be forcefully subjected to a vigorous rectal probing by TSA employees on a power trip for the safety of the nation?

If there's a limit, I haven't seen it yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

finance.yahoo.com

HAVING been taught by nuns in grade school and later going through military boot camp, I have always disliked uniformed authorities shouting at me. So I was unhappy last week when some security screeners at O’Hare International Airport in Chicago started yelling.

“Opt out! We got an opt out!” one bellowed about me in a tone that people in my desert neighborhood in Tucson usually reserve for declaring, “Rattlesnake!”

Other screeners took up the “Opt out!” shout. I was marched from the metal detector lane to one of those nearby whole-body imagers, ordered to take everything o

I've been trying to warn people about this for YEARS but nobody has been listening. Now that the republicans are in power again, you can expect this invasion of privacy to rocket forward.

We better speak up before it's too late and we lose all our rights.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Dude it aint just republicans. Seriously what is the matter with people? There is not a safe party! They are all lap dogs for the plutocracy/elite whatever you want to call them.

We won't be free again until we clean house.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Mass resistance.

Fly only if you HAVE to.

Rent one way cars, car pool, take the bus, the train, do whatever you have to do.

If you own stock in these companies, sell it.

When you do have to fly, get to the airport early, tell them you're not going through the naked body scanner. If you're female, request that a female does the screening.

None of this will be easy, but be prepared to take a stand. If it gets to the point where they are trying to force us to get virtually strip searched and radiated; tell them you'd rather not get on the plane...

Airport body scanners 'could give you cancer', warns expert

American Patriot Airline Pilot FED-UP!!

How to opt out of the TSA's naked body scanners at the airport

Are you suggesting that we boycott all airlines?
We all know that isn't going to happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
An more effective way to achieve "passive resistance" in this circumstance would be if every single person in the line opted out of the body scan machine, I'm pretty sure they would eventualy get tired of shouting about it afterthe first few hundred people, plus it would put a huge strain on staff.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Originally posted by Segador

Are you suggesting that we boycott all airlines?
We all know that isn't going to happen.

Airlines not so much, opt-out of the naked body scanners. No one flies because we want to, we fly because we have to. Its impractical to drive from NY to LA, but where we can drive, people should choose to do so.

Its my belief that if enough people chose alternate means of transportation and it affected the bottom line of airlines, they would be forced to change their practices.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
my mom has been working as a lead for TSA at MIA since it started after 911. When i asked her a few months ago about the body scanners, she said that you cannot see the body as clear as people claim, you just see a dull shaped body. She also said they were briefed on the machines and were told that they cannot cause cancer. But then again she thinks she's helping the country. She knows i hate the fact that she works for the government, but they put food on our table. You can't blame the TSA workers for any wrong doings. They are just doing what they are told, and like my mom, they are proud that they are "protecting" the country. She knows not of the true intentions of TPTB, she's just, sadly, another blind sheep.

She comes home with books upon books of how to follow protocol, but when I ask her about them, she says she cannot discuss it because it contains "sensitive security information". My mom hasn't been to work in the pass few months because her dad just passed and her mother is ill, so if there are any new "protocols", she wouldn't know about it. I am kind of glad that she hasn't gone to work in awhile. Everyday she would come home complaining about passengers who do not listen. I try to reason with her, but when someone has so much pride in their work, its hard to. Honestly, i feel like they have brainwashed my mother. If i could go back in time, I would tell my mom to become a nurse like she had originally planned, that would actually be for the greater good.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't like all the hoops they make you jump through but the experience all depends on the airport and attitude of the staff. Some places are very cool and others treat everyone like a terrorist. If they show me a little respect then I'll return the favor. I was chosen for the body scanners at Vancouver's airport and I opted out. Instead of yelling "Opt Out!" He told the other security I wanted a free massage. The whole staff was very polite with me and we joked with each other through the whole process.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by righteyered

When I went through LAX in California, they were cool, but like I said they just allowed me to go through the metal detector.
When I was in Michigan, I was OSAMA BIN LADEN! However they still just waved me through the metal detector.
I don't know what it is, but no one lets me through the scanner yet!
11 times and counting!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Ben Franklin

Think about it...

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If I had the money I would pay for enough passengers to board two 747s, and go to the airport during the busiest season.
At the point after everyone had their ticket they should walk up to the TSA agent aggressively pointing toward the scanner and suddenly "opt out".

Thats like close to a thousand people all at once pissing TSA off.
Man that would be sweet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join