It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one else affected by threadkiller-itis?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I think my thread would die much faster than yours. I guess the people of ATS just don't find my stuff that interesting. Although I think I've only posted 2 threads? Haha, I can never think of stuff worth starting threads over.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
reply to post by Three_moons

I think my thread would die much faster than yours. I guess the people of ATS just don't find my stuff that interesting. Although I think I've only posted 2 threads? Haha, I can never think of stuff worth starting threads over.

Starting threads that people will be interesting to people can be hard, but apparently killing threads is much easier.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi.

I've created threads with a couple hundred replies. 200+ flags.
A bunch with applause and only a few replies and even one Only a mod and 1 member gave me credit for.

I'm almost always the last person to reply on my threads, but lately I hardly get any replies at all.

I don't get it

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

SK
Lately I've seen a trend in many people creating threads about the same exact things. Oftentimes the second or third thread created get more replies than the first I dont think its anything about whose thread is best, but more whose thread is newest and appears on the recent page. People are not looking to see if a similar thread has already been written.
Additionally there are way too many threads about 'mysterious' lights in the skies, it seems every time someone sees something it has to be a UFO, those threads die quickly, but sometimes not soon enough.

ydsm

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Having looked at your thread list I would say that your thread titles are too rational, sane and cerebral.

To get a lot of responses you need at least to include the word PROOF in the title, with at least ten exclamation marks, it also helps if the subject of the thread is sensationalistic and a bit silly

Like this

!!!!!!!!! Barack Obama is a shape shifting Venusian (PROOF) !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Having looked at your thread list I would say that your thread titles are too rational, sane and cerebral.

To get a lot of responses you need at least to include the word PROOF in the title, with at least ten exclamation marks, it also helps if the subject of the thread is sensationalistic and a bit silly

Like this

!!!!!!!!! Barack Obama is a shape shifting Venusian (PROOF) !!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot the most important part. The PICS!l
You need a badly exposed digital image of Obama in horrible lighting in the middle of a yawn.
Nothing quite screams Venusian like a badly lit yawning man.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yup same here.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
Yup same here.
2nd line

Now we can add America? as a threadkiller. I wonder if there is some sort of antibiotic that we can prescribe to those with the threadkiller-itis? Penecilin maybe? I'm allergic though so I hope we can come up with something better. Oh I know Meaningless-posticilin

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

lol, I completely empathise.

It is so easy for threads to get drowned by new ones. Sometimes I wonder what the point is

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

lol, I completely empathise.

It is so easy for threads to get drowned by new ones. Sometimes I wonder what the point is

That is why it is important to make your comments poignant, but incomplete.
Leave out an important point for someone else to make or question.
Then you jump back in and address the question.
It keeps the conversation going and gives more minds a chance to jump in.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Unfortunately sensational doesn't mean quality replies
When sensational is preferred then we are doing something wrong IMO.

I've highlighted several important or far reaching subjects that are ignored because of the title.

Long live ignorance. [/sarcasm]

Yes a lot of people do so. I usually don't.

Thank you both for your replies

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Haha, you are exactly right on! And god forbid you're not foaming at the mouth about a certain topic - You must be a disinfo agent sent to undermine their beliefs if you're not typing up 1000 word essays in response to a " Science says " post.

People seem to crave their fantasy lives, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx

Haha, you are exactly right on! And god forbid you're not foaming at the mouth about a certain topic - You must be a disinfo agent sent to undermine their beliefs if you're not typing up 1000 word essays in response to a " Science says " post.

People seem to crave their fantasy lives, that's for sure.

Sensationalism sells papers, makes viewers turn into the 6 oclock news, makes page 6 the most popular page in the paper. Very well put. Sensationalism does not equate to quality.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Agreed. Part of this country's growth will be to instill Reason and strength in all Americans. Fears, whether imaginary, very real, or a mix of both, stems from a personal fear that the person is not strong enough to overcome something that they cannot forsee happening. People do not prepare themselves mentally, physically, or spirituality anymore.. So, that person latches onto something that will -give- them the strength instead of doing the elbow grease to give themselves the strength.

We've gotten just a tad lax in strengthening ourselves is all, and in the middle of a huge technological growth where everyone can have their say with little or no fact checking, that's not a very good combination.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

Not that technology is always an evil, well perhaps it is becoming a necessary evil. For all i know someone is responding to this thread while waiting in line at the deli on their iphone with 4g service. In the middle of their reply, they order their 1/2 lb of pastrami and 1/2 lb of swiss cheese, then finish the thread.

All of that thanks to technology.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It's not so much the technology per-say, but how fast the technology is and how it makes us feel. You gotta admit, when you have a long status thread on Facebook, it makes you feel really good. People value what you have to say, no matter what you are saying. People get addicted to that kind of attention and do not like it when other people try to tone them down.

I have a feeling if we learn to put down the laptops and cellphones just a little bit more, you won't seen vindictive, afraid people posting sensational posts and threads as much as they do.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletNyx

I see your point. I guess I am just looking at technology for what is is, not what it does, or as you are saying what it does for certain people. It gives them the medium to reach out and be sensational where before only the local townies would know how sensational Tom, Dick or Harry are.

How do we know we arent the sensational ones though

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh can this thread be offially dead now?
i did it again.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
i did it again.

I'm here to rescue you baby !!

Yep, another thread ends with moi !!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
i did it again.

I'm here to rescue you baby !!

Yep, another thread ends with moi !!!!

Thank you so much, I didnt want to kill my own thread.
But I cant let it be you either

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join