It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I just wanna make sure I have this straight:

If an astronaught says "No there are no aliens" you all point your finger at him and accuse him to be part of the cover up.

But, if another astronaught says that there IS a coverup, you all call him famed and take him at his word with zero proof what so ever?

Just wanna make sure I understand your reasoning.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yes of course aliens are real and have been visiting Earth since the very beginning of man and probably before. Why do you think there are cave man drawings of aliens and ufos? Don't listen to any debunkers on ATS about UFO's, they are children that either don't do their research on this or are paid to keep you in the matrix of lies. They are usually the same ones that say chemtrails aren't real and that that the official government fairy tale one 911 is true! Look at their posts and you'll ID these shills.

October 2010 was one of the most incredible times for UFO's I've seen in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

they are children that either don't do their research on this or are paid to keep you in the matrix of lies.

Wow, that just makes your credibility skyrocket... actually not really.

As a skeptic, one must not take anything at face value. Children take things at face value, thats why when you're a child, the world is a very simple place.

You're not going to convince me with a few astronaughts that our government knows and communicates to ETs. Yes i believe ETs exist, but i highly doubt they have ANY interest in our idiotic race what so ever.

There are too many dumb ignorant bastards on planet Earth to give our species any credibility what so ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I don't really care if my friends and family believe me or not. I don't need or want there validation. I know what I know. The fact that an INSIDER, another ex NASA Astronaut is coming forward speaks volumes.

All you can say with confidence is that some UFO nut CLAIMED an astronaut had this experience.

What's the evidence that it actually happened and is unexplainable?

Do you believe everything anybody tells you that excites or thrills you?

Or do you make a reasonable effort to seek a balancing viewpoint and compare the pro-con arguments?

Look, there is never going to be evidence... Unless you encounter a grey yourself. NASA could go on CNN and provide you with "proof" and you still wouldnt believe them becuase its not good enough for YOU. I personally KNOW ETs exist I dont need proof(wether they visit here or not) If known ex astronauts admit the sightings they saw then i believe them. Why would someone so looked upon and intelligent lie about something like that? They see more up there than we can even imagine. Let us and our faith alone. Just becuase you dont have faith doesnt mean you need to put people down.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fantastic post. I am not 100% sure what we see are "UFOs". The light could be the angle of the nasa craft getting into a position where it can see the reflection of the sun off the objects but I certainly can't debunk this. The formation and way the objects seem to move into position seems intelligent. I am a Christian but have no doubts we are not the only living being in the universe, to think so is arrogant. The Holy Bible does not say we are the only life and in fact does have some passages that can be interpreted as sightings of alien craft.

I just wish the government would finally come out and give up the goods on what they know. I believe society is ready to hear it. Nothing anyone can do about it whether we know or not and that evidence wouldn't change the rules and regulations we live under so I don't see a problem, might even bring us together as a human race. Thats the one thing we all have in common regardless of political or religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

You're not going to convince me with a few astronaughts that our government knows and communicates to ETs. Yes i believe ETs exist, but i highly doubt they have ANY interest in our idiotic race what so ever.

There are too many dumb ignorant bastards on planet Earth to give our species any credibility what so ever.

Don't you think if they saw a society or race of beings doing something that was destructive to themselves they would step in or at least observe to learn from us and/or keep us from harming ourselves into extinction?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Funny guy aren't you.

Now tell me how 'ice crystals' can orientate themselves so they become evenly spaced elements of an ellipse, with a 'crystal' in the center, if they are being 'blown' about by shuttle thrusters?

[SNIP]

Explain how crystals can move towards the shuttle or ISS when they are supposedly being pushed by thrusters or attitude jets from the shuttle or ISS?

Explain how ice can streak towards the shuttle and ISS, appearing from the depths of space, and then streak out again?

How about the astronauts themselves...are you claiming they have no idea about these ice crystals themselves then? NASA selected them, trained them, tested them and launched them into space...but failed to tell them what ice crystals look like and how they behave in space?!!

[SNIP]

If you or NASA want to take me to court to fight my direct accusation that they lie about UFO's and retain people such as yourself who lie on their behalf, i'd be delighted to supply my contact details and attend court to defend myself against any defamation charges they or you would like to bring.

I'd win every time.

I'm directly saying you and NASA are lying about what is seen on official NASA videos, and about what is known of the objects that are seen.

If i'm wrong, that is defamation of character against you and NASA...if you or NASA take me to court, you have the opportunity to present your 'evidence' to defend your characters...and so do I.

I'm ready and willing to go...are you? Is NASA?

I'll not hold my breath waiting for a summons.

Laugh that one up if you like.

edit on Fri Oct 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS of ATS' ALIENS and UFO Forum

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

what i really don't understand on this thread and many similar ones is that people will quite easily take some random nobody's word that these claims are true or that a misquoted, misrepresented out of context astronauts statement is true proof of alien/ufo's yet wont listen to mr oberg who is probably one of the most qualified people on this planet to research these cases and give us the truth!!!. thanks rich

www.qtm.net...
OBERG SEES STS-37 UFO
by Dan Pinchas

Where does Mr. Oberg fit into this? Remember that the STS-37 UFO comes into view as the shuttle is on the daylight side of the earth. Well, believe it or not, Mr. Oberg, while in the Mission Control Center, had watched that UFO make its appearance yet another time, when the shuttle was on the night side of the earth. In 1992, Mr. Oberg and I exchanged snail mail and in one of his snail mails dated July 14, 1992 he states: "Last but not least is a page from my personal log written during the STS-37 mission last April, when I was in the Mission Control Center for the deploy of the GRO science satellite. While watching a long stretch of NIGHTSIDE video I saw a bright ovoid image cross the screen from left to right. Although I was sure there was a rational explanation, it was an impressive apparition. I personally never thought it was an alien spacecraft but you are welcome to follow up on it. And I'm presuming you have been taping the NASA Select video since STS-48." I put the above article in the newsgroup alt.paranet.ufo, and it wasn't long before Mr. Oberg replied. It was apparent that he was beginning to back pedal and now said that what he saw on the big screen at Mission Control was a lighted city passing by the screen. Well, that explanation doesn't wash! During a typical shuttle, Mr. Oberg sees hundreds of lights from cities as they slowly appear to move across the screen due to the rotation of the Earth and the orbiting of the shuttle, nothing out of the ordinary, just routine. But he obviously observed something that startled him, for he used the words, "...While watching a long stretch of nightside video I saw a bright ovoid image cross the screen from left to right"..."it was an impressive apparition."

Not true?
So sue somebody for saying it.
Let's see what your case is in favor of "no."

The pro UFO - "alien being from the heavens" existing side has a larder of evidentiary materials, exhibits A-Z and multiplied a few hundred thousand times.

1. a mountain of written and photographic testimony from credible unbiased and unpaid witnesses astronauts, police and military men as well as groups of up to a few thousand at a time.

And unbelievable as indeed it is....(this is to express my empathy for why and how you cannot wrap your mind around it, nor open your considerations enough to make the tremendous leap. It is scary. I fully understand)

there is

2. ... physical evidence; like burnt trees, circular patches of earth with high levels of radioactivity, resultant radiation poisoning in alleged witnesses, metal deposits...anomalous materials gathered at sites

3....clear tangible archeological supporting evidence, cave drawings, written inscriptions of accounts,
artifacts and artwork depicting spacecraft and aliens.

4. A huge amount of biblical supporting evidence - taken to be "just symbolism" - a little hard to believe considering this is an accumulation.... of what were not always religious texts per se... but healthy chunk of mankind's earliest knowledge gathered together in a book.

5. not insignificant is (perhaps understanding disclosure is imminent) humanity has received the next best thing to an actual admission aliens exist by the Church.

[And lets face it "they" have been around long enough to know things the rest of us only wonder about and certainly long enough to skew the information. They still rule the Queen and her motley crew of lower sub-leaders...
I think they're all respectfully waiting for the old broad to pass before "airing dirty laundry" but then people have called me crazy too.
In fact...recently...]

moving on to my final point...

6. Ask the audience.
Pro UFO side has approximately 75% of the planet in agreement.

Again... Let's see what the case is in favor of "no."
edit on 29-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: this stuff is out there (in the skies and on the internet)...you (we) must deal with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just a taught. It's fun to see that almost all the detractors are new members of ats. It seems to happen a lot of times in the ufo forum. Keep an eye on this.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
At the rate at which all of these astronauts and former officials are coming out publicly, I feel like we're seriously about to reach the proverbial tipping point. I have tried to retain a dose of healthy skepticism, but after I experienced an unmistakable orb sighting this summer, and hearing what these men have to say, I can't come up with any other possible explanation. Check out this recently released statement [Google Docs / PDF] from Fife Symington, who has just admitted publicly for the first time that he witnessed a delta-shaped UFO while serving as Governor of Arizona during the "Phoenix Lights" incident of 1997.

Fife Symington -- "Setting the Record Straight"

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Arken

I just wanna make sure I have this straight:

If an astronaught says "No there are no aliens" you all point your finger at him and accuse him to be part of the cover up.

But, if another astronaught says that there IS a coverup, you all call him famed and take him at his word with zero proof what so ever?

Just wanna make sure I understand your reasoning.

Anybody can claim a negative and that does not make it so, because unconstrained negatives cannot be proven. So if anybody says "X does not exist" then they cannot possibly have reached that conclusion by having some privileged piece of data that only they could have. No data can prove unconstrained non-existence of anything.

However, on the other hand, if a person makes a positive assertion, and said person can plausibly have privileged access to data supporting the assertion, then that is worthy of follow up, because one can presumably ask them to explain how they reached that conclusion or to show the evidence that allowed them to reach said conclusion.

Therefore, for somebody to make a positive assertion is much more newsworthy than for somebody to make a statement of unconstrained non-existence.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've dug around this topic once or twice in the past. Does anyone here have a direct, documented quotation from an astronaut that states they have first hand knowledge of Aliens visiting Earth? I have not been able to locate such a smoking gun, despite thread after thread of this.

I am not interested in the astronaut that says "someone told them" or "they believe based on...." I am interested in a direct quote from any of them stating they are here.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

your point is what exactly? who is dan pinchas?. another ufo guy?. was he present at the alleged incident?.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Originally posted by JimOberg
And on what basis do you conclude that nobody else has ever taken a closer look at these claims and published the results? Did you make any internet search? Try it!!

That's a great line, but it doesn't respond to what I wrote. If it's new to you, it's new. People are finding out things that are new to them about events that happened days ago, or years ago or centuries ago every day. If you don't think the same messiness, spin and tall tale telling that happens in the UFO field doesn't happen throughout every field in history you ought to do a few internet searches yourself.

I accept the need for clarification, because I now see I was being middle-of-the-night pseudo-subtle, and just plain confusing.

Many of the 'astronaut UFO' stories that keep being brought up as evidence are cases for which there is a body of investigative work, from all points of view, including skeptical. But I get the impression when some folks post the stuff again, they are totally unaware of the skeptical research, even if they look at it and judge it unconvincing -- as long as they've sought, found, and weighed it.

The sad impression I'm getting is that they don't even KNOW they should look for all points of view, unless it's because they deliberately want to NOT know about possible prosaic explanations.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
reply to post by JimOberg

I don't know what do you wanna say. I just posted two pictures of natural bridges.

...and I quoted your assertion that astronauts have talked about seeing bridges on the moon, a claim for which I can't remember ever encountering any evidence whatsoever.

Did you mean to type 'astronomers'?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham
Its really weird you ask NASA if ETs exist in our airspace or mars and they say no. You ask there ageing astronauts and they tell you fantastic storys. Who to belive in? Not NASA....

The problem I see with that is that I don't know of any aging astronaut who says he saw UFOs in space. Not one.

Ed Mitchell believes stories other folks back on Earth have told him, an entirely legitimate approach but not one that presents fresh, original evidence. Who are these other astronauts who claim to have seen UFOs on space flights? I don't mean the astronauts that UFO buffs claim to have seen UFOs in space -- i mean, first-person claims. I think you'll find those quotes to be bogus.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry for being off topic but this will only take a second or two.

Hey Jim, could you take the time from debunking useless poop and stop by this thread, I and others would really like to hear your opinions on the subject.

Journalist Leslie Kean wins lawsuit with NASA to disclose Kecksburg!
edit on 29-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There are clouds in space?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Re clouds...

One very frequent experiment performed on missions in that time frame was to point one of the exterior cameras backwards along the flight path, towards the receding horizon. It was called the 'Mesoscale Lightning Experiment' [google this] and it sought records of sprites and other high-altitude short-lived bursts. The scientist in charge was Skeet Vaughan, he's retired in Alabama but i'll forward any email queries to him from folks interested in his assessment of the video content -- and he's watched many hundreds of hours over a twenty year period.

Because of this deliberate aiming strategy, the bottom half of the screen showed the Earth surface, including clouds, and the upper half, the celestial sphere, with stars that you could observe slowly setting.

At the end of the night pass, the shuttle would emerge from Earth's shadow, but it was looking 'down sun', and so Earth was still dark. But any particles drifting nearby would become sunlit (as was the shuttle -- but the camera wasn't pointing at any of its structure), unless they were still floating in the shuttle's own shadow. They wouldn't suddenly appear until they drifted out of the shadow. Before that they were invisible to the camera. A few minutes later the shuttle passes over sunlit portions of the surface, and then backscattered light fills in the shadow zone, making anything there visible as well.

When you check the actual date/time of the most notorious shuttle UFO videos, most of them are occurring during this brief interval of very special illumination conditions. For some, this is merely accidental. I suggest it reflects a cause-and-effect which proves the prosaic nature of these dots.

Now, for most people with very firm and sincere verdicts on the nature of the dots, they don't even know about the special illumination conditions, never seemed to think they ought to know, and still don't want to know. They demand -- read the messages above -- that everybody ELSE not know. Their privilege -- but the justifiability of their interpretations suffers, in my view, from this self-imposed ignorance. Don't let them imprison you in their own closed minds.

edit on 29-10-2010 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by Arken

I like how he noticed that the disc around the outside of the craft was rotating clockwise. This is how Fouche describes how the 'UFO's' create their own gravity.

Whoan. Do u mean Edgar fouche. Any link to go along here?
Many astronauts may have seen but only a few speak out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join