It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If TSHTF will we be sitting here on ATS creating new threads on the world dissaster?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Imagine, if you will. Our time has come, be it from WW3, pandemic, Project Bluebeam or real invasion, our Sun or many, many other prophecised harbingers of our final Extinction level Event.

Now, how many of us will stay with the sinking ship, so to speak. How many new threads will be posted under the heading " The end of mankind, updates only thread". Will we even see " There here , there through the door, they have a raygun, Oh my G!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Although tongue in cheek Im sure if we knew the end was near a lot of us would stay to report, to say our farewells and to earn that last flag or star....ATS is more important than you imagined, eh?

What say you?
respects
edit on 28-10-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Well AS the shtf, I will certainly tune in to ats as I always do anyway, but I'm afraid that if things get really bad, there will be no power or connectivity available. So we should set up an ATS alternative ham radio station, or learn smoke signals.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yep. Til the day I die - I hope the servers stay up.

But on the positive side, I think we will be alright.

Instead we will be posting about all of the revelations and new science, discoveries, contact with E.T., etc.

Both are possible IMO, but life would be pointless if we all go down in a fiery blaze like 2012.

I prefer the opposite - apotheosis and utopia.

Therefore, it will happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
if the power is on and the web/net works i will be posting, what i will say is up to the event. one does know the time nor the hour, but as sure as the sun burns, it is coming.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've put much thought into this.

If whatever the SHTF event will be, it would have to be mild or gradual enough for the internet to stay available to us. This rules out any type of solar event, EMP, polar shift, ect.

If I was uneffected by it, then I would update on it. This would mean that whatever massive tsunami, super volcano, or asteroid strike does not have immediate effects on me.

If it were a martial law scenario, then the internet would most likely be censored or taken out. No posting then.

So, that means that I would post only if it were a disaster or war that did not already effect my area.

But, if I'm going to be effected shortly ... screw you guys, I'm getting out of dodge.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I will switch to telepathic ATS account and send messages, due to the electricity being shut off. It would really be hard to post on ATS knowing the shi is hitting the fan now..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Being on a computer is the last thing you should have on your mind. For all of the years you decided to "stay in" and browse the web, now when something truly cataclysmic is happening on a global scale, all you can think about is being "glued" to a computer. Ya right, doubt this very much. Get a gun, some ammo, put your back to a wall.....

(I don't mean you as in OP, I mean the average computer nerd)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hope I live through it, whatever it is, long enough to see the well known phrase...

" See you doom n gloom merchants, diffirent one every day, when will you all stop it"

And the reply..."Errrm look out the window, see the big green rock blocking the sun?"

Or even better, " Do you have a source for that?" reply...yup you will feel it in 7 minutes..

Im sure we will raise a laugh if it comes to pass.

Respects
edit on 28-10-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I will switch to telepathic ATS account

Can you send me the psychic link for that so I can stay connected too? [removing tin foil hat for maximum reception]

spec

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
About the only thing I would do is provide a public radio freq that I can be contacted on by folks who might happen to be in my general area of operations, other than that I don't think I would be inclined to spend time posting here when there would be more pressing matters like getting the retreat location up and running, establishing a guard rotation and the like.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I have homing pidgeons, problem solved. get them wee ATS vests. The last bastion of information on a dying planet. The ATS Pidgeons....Just popping to the patent office, wont be long.

respects

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

real time sat link is the key, find them before they find you, and see witch way to run,better to run than stand and fight but running in to them wont do much good, best to seek high ground, but what would be the safe way? back door is not alleyways the best move, some times the front door works just as good.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You know, "World War Z" has a chapter about a guy who stays online until... Well, I won't spoil it.
But check it out; I'm pretty sure that this might actually might happen to some people.
If you use the right syntax in Google you will find the book as a downloadable PDF file.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'll be riding the rainbow, posting threads from orbit.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Running on foot? Some of us have kids, might not be the best idea here. Remember tales of the wild west?
We'd be back in the dark ages. It'll be live by the gun all over again. Not to mention you are running from 2 different types of enemies here. I always say let them come to you before you go running like an idiot to unknown land

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
well I guess it just depends on what
SHTF event happens.

In some cases I may try to report
occurrences in my area so that
others may get prepared for the same
or in other cases, I may not even get
close to a computer and may be
in my bug-out location

or maybe

we won't have electricity or internet
and CAN'T post

it all depends on the event

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

and CAN'T post

When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. (Rev. 8:1)

silence in heaven sounds like somebody puts a squelch on the airwaves. How long is this "half an hour"? I don't know. But it certainly would seem to me that communications will be down for a length of time.

I can't help but wonder how far along we are in the time line.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by boondock-saint

and CAN'T post

When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. (Rev. 8:1)

half an hour umm ,we'll have post by carrier pigeon

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If TSHTF I will automatically fall into my survival mode.

In a blink I will transform into a highly effective protector and killing machine.

Only when not on watch will I take time to even think of a computer. However it might not be a good idea to broadcast from a computer, CB or any type of communication unless absolutely necessary to survival.

Would not risk my life by reveling my location through the use of electronics.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

How do you know you'll be effective? If something sets your house on fire its pretty much game over, just tear gas and tazers are enough to round up people like cattle. I don't know why you guys think SHTF is something you can combat or wage war against. Jews in Nazi Germany thought they can deal with the new regime, but they couldn't. I think living in a countryside or anywhere remote is a best bet
.... but yeah that probably means no internet! Is such sacrifice worth it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join