It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Moveon ad warns of bleak, dystopic corporate future if Republicans win in 2010(video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This ad simply proves that the left is desperate!
They will dig up every possible tactic in an effort to maintain their slippery clutch on this nation. They had a chance for success with a super majority and they completely blew it by falling victim to Obama's every whim.

Ignore your constituents long enough and you will pay the price! This ad will only make things worse for them. The hoodwinks are off and the nation is awake and alert to this crap.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Fear Mongering tactics? That's odd I didn't see Guiliani mention 911 at all.

Maybe you forget who used lies and fear...

edit on Tue October 26th, 2010 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Misoir

ya know what? If my two choices are

1.) Corporate future
2.) Government future

I'll take #1 every damned time. At least in a corporate future, we all stand a CHANCE of some level of success. When businesses thrive, we all reap the benefits.

When government thrives, we all pay higher taxes, and businesses respond by laying everyone off.

Its sad to here you talk this way Snarf - I recall back in the day you were not so cynical...

I think what your equation omits is the fact that choosing #1 ensures that #2 thrives- the simple relationship
is self serving and self sustaining and #1 determines HOW the government is utilized. I suggest you should reevaluate the way this political choice has been marketed to you. In a tangible way it has very little to do with the size of government, that is the unicorn they sell... It is how the law will be slanted, finding the people who that the role of business is the role of the government. It is easy to obscure the way the lobbying system works
then slap the name Freedom on to the real work; Corruption.

I finally see this for what it is - like overnight

The GOP will save us from their past efforts!!!

Gawd Bless America!

edit on 26-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Haha that was hilarious, of course it was over the top, that's satire. Do you really think that anyone believes the Republicans would actually put a literal cat, that is overweight and has a monocle in charge of anything?

That's called a joke. "Ultrawar" against the Pacific Ocean is again, an obvious joke, but there is a point to all of this: That MoveOn.org believes that the GOP is in bed with big business. There is evidence to support this too:
Here's an article from New Yorker Magazine showing that the companies that got bailout funding are throwing campaign contributions into the Republican Party.
Bailed-Out Companies Fund Anti-Bail Out Candidates

I liked Olivia Wilde in House M.D. and Romany Malco in Weeds, it's good to see that they have a sense of humor in their political messages instead of just forcing their views down our throat like so many others in Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There is a time for jokes, and a time for seriousness. I am sure the OP intended the thread of one of seriousness, but as usual, it gets detracted into a farce. But no harm, for such is the freedom of expression, or at least of what's left today before it gets curtailed.

My mind and logic tells me of a republic win, heavily influenced by the corporatist supported media, but my heart seeks for a miracle - a win by the egalitarian democrats where none will be left behind.

It is fully comprehensible today that many will seek for the blue pill, even if they know the existance of both blue and red pills. Better to live a life of illusion than reality, but unfortunately, illusions cannot last. Someone in the end will have to wake up and pay the price, and it will be our innocent next generations, shackled and enslaved by corporatism that is heavily supported by the republicans.

Furthermore, in this turmoil many are facing, Facism/ authoritarian control seems the only solution to keep the diversified humans united and intact. It is a good policy, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, we humans are flawed beings, With absolute power comes absolute corruption.

We know how money is important to our lives. Even a slave chinaman understands that. The republicans puppets have that and much more to corrupt the weakness of us flawed humans while the poor egalitarian democrats have none. Should the republicans be voted as a minority, with their wealth, they would be a powerful and loud minority to keep check on the supposed 'dreamers' of democrats.

But if the republicans win, it will full facism and corruption at work. With the usually improverished democrats as a minority in Congress, they will be only a mousy pipesquek to check and balance the corrupting influence of corporatist republicans.

Will a miracle occur? The insignificant and nobody me don;t know nor wish to know.Nov 2 will decide mankind's fate.....sigh.....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're entitled to your opinion, right or wrong.
In my case the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for myself, my family and the millions of other people around that needed care; if one didn't make enough money, one could still get treated on medicare/medicaid programs and such or make payment arrangements. This reform is doing nothing to help me and has the potential to hurt me in the future.

Aka: me me me me me me
me
me me
me, not you, me.

btw, keep religion in school...God god god god me me me kill brown people me me.

You know what...its not just about you.

As far as corporate interests in the dem party, yep...they got those also, hense why dems this election seasion have 50 million dollars in unnamed donors

incidently, republicans have over 120 million in unnamed donors. Yay democracy.

me me me me me

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

1.) Corporate future
2.) Government future

I'll take #1 every damned time. At least in a corporate future, we all stand a CHANCE of some level of success. When businesses thrive, we all reap the benefits.

When government thrives, we all pay higher taxes, and businesses respond by laying everyone off.

Interesting.

So, when given the choice between a world controlled by the ethics of companies like Enron, or a government elected by the people, you would CHOOSE a corporate-run world?

the demonization of 'government' is a corporate plot to unravel our republic.

government is what we make it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah because we all know the Democrats aren't backed by mega corporations and banksters and are anti war and got us out of Iraq and Afghanistan like they promised.... oh wait....

The real sad part is that there are enough people out there that believe tripe like this from both sides and still buy that there is any difference between the two supposed sides... It's like voting for the Gambinos or the Genoveses which crime family do you prefer...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

In my case the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for myself, my family and the millions of other people around that needed care; if one didn't make enough money, one could still get treated on medicare/medicaid programs and such or make payment arrangements. This reform is doing nothing to help me and has the potential to hurt me in the future.

me
me me
me, not you, me.

btw, keep religion in school...God god god god me me me kill brown people me me.

You know what...its not just about you.

As far as corporate interests in the dem party, yep...they got those also, hense why dems this election seasion have 50 million dollars in unnamed donors

incidently, republicans have over 120 million in unnamed donors. Yay democracy.

me me me me me

I've read some of your posts and I though you were a bit more mature than throwing this sort of tantrum.
Here's a head's up: I'm not registered Republican, am not Christian nor am I self-centered or egotistical.
Better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood...
... government is what we make it.

Government is what we let them make it. Government does its best to distract us from real issues at hand, pandering to the do-good / feel-good side of people. The vast majority of voters are ignorant or complacent and afraid to make any sort of radical change to the government, and this is exactly what we need.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

In my case the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for myself, my family and the millions of other people around that needed care

nor am I self-centered or egotistical.
Better luck next time.

Figured I would highlight the areas that show different.

The insurance company eats the middle and lower middle class

Congrats on having health insurance..I envy you, considering my health care currently involves a bottle of whiskey and some advil...I simply can't afford the insurance, and one accident, my credit and success in life is over.

but I am sooo happy for you...I hope you and your perfect sheltered family does ever so well..you know..if I simply commit some crimes, I can get poor enough and thrown into jail to get treated for free...or I can move over to bloody india to get my job back and have my health insurance covered...or move back to england and have health insurance covered there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

In my case the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for myself, my family and the millions of other people around that needed care

nor am I self-centered or egotistical.
Better luck next time.

Figured I would highlight the areas that show different.

Selective quoting, gotta love it.

When I said this:

Originally posted by abecedarian... the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for ... the millions of other people around that needed care; if one didn't make enough money, one could still get treated on medicare/medicaid programs and such or make payment arrangements....
[emphasis added]

What did I mean? Screw the other guys? Come on, get over it. Government had plans in place to take care of everyone as it was. I was already WILLINGLY paying taxes to support these programs which HAPPEN TO COVER EVERYONE unable to provide their own care.

The insurance company eats the middle and lower middle class

Congrats on having health insurance..I envy you, considering my health care currently involves a bottle of whiskey and some advil...I simply can't afford the insurance, and one accident, my credit and success in life is over.

When did I say I had insurance? Jump to conclusions much?

but I am sooo happy for you...I hope you and your perfect sheltered family does ever so well..

Thanks for the fine gesture. We do the best we can with what we have.

you know..if I simply commit some crimes, I can get poor enough and thrown into jail to get treated for free...or I can move over to bloody india to get my job back and have my health insurance covered...or move back to england and have health insurance covered there.

I don't advocate you do so but if you feel the need, such is your prerogative.

*cheers*

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

1.) Corporate future
2.) Government future

Famous last words.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This ad simply proves that the left is desperate!
They will dig up every possible tactic in an effort to maintain their slippery clutch on this nation. They had a chance for success with a super majority and they completely blew it by falling victim to Obama's every whim.

Ignore your constituents long enough and you will pay the price! This ad will only make things worse for them. The hoodwinks are off and the nation is awake and alert to this crap.

And Obama's every WHIM fell for every GOP/Banking/Corporate compromise, request, and blockade. You're right about one thing though- Obama hasn't fully listened to his constituents, he should have gone MUCH further in regulating the banks/corporations, protecting the environment, stopping our empire's warfare, increasing government transparency, rescinding the Patriot Act and all other such despotic legislation, and bringing this country's working class some decent universal health care. Now the pendulum swings to the WORSE evil of the two parties because Americans, as a mass, are frankly quite stupid.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

reply to post by Misoir

1.) Corporate future
2.) Government future

Interesting.

So, when given the choice between a world controlled by the ethics of companies like Enron, or a government elected by the people, you would CHOOSE a corporate-run world?

the demonization of 'government' is a corporate plot to unravel our republic.

government is what we make it.

Exactly. Our system is flawed, corrupt, and probably needs to be dismantled. HOWEVER, handing it over to the VERY SAME ENTITIES WHICH CORRUPT IT MOST is one of the dumbest notions coming out of the right-wing right now.

The reason our government doesn't work for us is because they're getting paid by their corporate/banking bosses. The system is rigged to FAVOR that corporate future. The last thing we want is a highly privatized, hierarchical, top-down society. If government is dismantled, our markets also MUST BE dismantled at the SAME EXACT TIME. Otherwise you're just asking for a rapid tyrannical alternative that doesn't even PRETEND to give us a vote or Democratic choice.

THIS is the battle we must be fighting:
reclaimdemocracy.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Boy that was even stupider than I would even think Move On would ever be. Guess they surprised me. So let me get this straight. It going to be evil Republicans Privatizing everything as opposed to the good Democrats Socializing everything......hmmmmm I wonder which one to pick? Least they used a hot chick for the message.

Move On should shoot whoever came up with that video as a "good idea". It's not.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

There are now rumors that if Russ Feingold loses his Senate campaign that he may choose to challenge Obama in the Democratic Primaries in 2012. If you know anything about Russ Feingold you will know that he is a true maverick.

Voted against USA Patriot Act
Voted against Iraq war
Attacked Obama on sending more troops to Afghanistan
Voted against Financial Reform because he said it was too weak and would only make things worse.
He is known for being a staunch Civil Libertarian, Bipartisan, Liberal and demands a balanced budget.

I would vote for him over Obama.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Misoir

Boy that was even stupider than I would even think Move On would ever be. Guess they surprised me. So let me get this straight. It going to be evil Republicans Privatizing everything as opposed to the good Democrats Socializing everything......hmmmmm I wonder which one to pick? Least they used a hot chick for the message.

Move On should shoot whoever came up with that video as a "good idea". It's not.

Democrats rarely socialize CRAP.

Privatization is almost always worse for the common man than socialization. ESPECIALLY, when you consider crucial services, safety nets, and emergency services. Privatization is basically when the government sells off to private companies what ALL OF US ORIGINALLY OWNED so that they can make more short-term revenue. Then those private companies turn around and jack up the prices for the public so they can turn a profit. Another case of profit being worse than taxes.

Do a little research on Germany, France, or Scandinavian countries and their socialized systems... they're doing FAR better than we are, and even enjoy freer societies with higher standards of living.
edit on 27-10-2010 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Democrats rarely socialize CRAP. Privatization is almost always worse for the common man than socialization. ESPECIALLY, when you consider crucial services, safety nets, and emergency services. Privatization is basically when the government sells off to private companies what ALL OF US ORIGINALLY OWNED so that they can make more short-term revenue. Then those private companies turn around and jack up the prices for the public so they can turn a profit. Another case of profit being worse than taxes. Do a little research on Germany, France, or Scandinavian countries and their socialized systems... they're doing FAR better than we are, and even enjoy freer societies with higher standards of living.

ROTFLMAO!!! Great sarcasm!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Prove me wrong then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join