It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Twilight Zone, A Chilean Miner Rescue and one BIG FAT QUESTION..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
So... what do you think came up instead of the miners.
Tak!

Was that a reference to Desperation by Stephen King? Tak! made me think it was.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark

So... what do you think came up instead of the miners.
Tak!

Was that a reference to Desperation by Stephen King? Tak! made me think it was.

We have a winner!. You are correct, sir.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That was a crazy book and a good way to reference it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Did you read the companion book titled "The Regulators" by Stephen King's 'alter-ego', Richard Bachman?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
OP:

Can you elaborate a bit more on your "uneasy"ness with regard to seeing photos of the trapped miners. And what you think came up instead of the actual miners themselves. I'm not mocking, or preparing to mock you. This is actually interesting. I have to admit that I felt like there was "some" thing more to the miner story during the media coverage. It's hard to describe... just kind of like how something is off somehow, but while you're looking at it dead on it "appears" normal, but if you take a quick sideways glance at it out of the corner of your eyes it... seems... off somehow.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Actually both of those movies had only me effect on me, they put me to sleep.
I found both movies so boring I couldn't stand it. So in that sense yes I was effected by something that was out of my control because i was a guest when i watched it.

I especially hated the one with the girls, oh my God that was stupid.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

As a psychologist, I don't know that I have much to add.

It was a horrific situation from a number of perspectives and sensibilities.

I, too, felt outrage and some really intense inner feelings and could again if I allowed myself to 'go there.'

I don't have enough data to really be judgmental of the powers that be though I've read that the safety stuff there was horribly inadequate.

It seemed like it took a very long time to get the job done. Maybe that was just the reality. Given all our technologies, I thought that was somehow unnecessary but maybe I'm not being fair.

I have too much empathy and too much of a capacity to put myself in other people's skin to feel the least bit comfortable with much of that story at all. That's why I didn't watch it and didn't pay much attention until the rescue. Even then, it was very hard on me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well lol I don't mind you mocking me if you feel you must, I have been mocking myself anyway.
Ill try to elaborate on this.

It all started when I went to the yahoo homepage and saw he first picture titled " First view of trapped miners" or something like that. At the time I did not read the title...Let me state that again...I DID NOT READ THE TITLE.
Therefor I did not know that they were miners let alone trapped ones.

Something in the picture I don't know what, effected me instantly. It was like a sudden feeling of dread, or death, or something else not exactly death. More like if you heard someone say in a sinister voice.."I've Got You."... but equate that to a feeling instead of a statement. Does that make any sense?
Anyway, once I read the title I felt a little relived when I realized they wee only trapped miners and nothing more sinister. Though every time I saw them, something stirred. Like they were fake.

Now I don't mean the whole thing is a charade or something, I just mean like they are wearing a mask. Damn I sound like a 5 star Jackass now!.
I'm really having a hard time trying to explain this, I just have these weird thoughts that come sweeping in as feelings that are hard to express in single words. And even if I try to express it in a statement it sounds over the top, One example is this...In a wispy voice you can feel on your face saying..."I stirrrrrr in the darknesssss"... Thats as close to the feeling as I can get in a sentence. Sounds stupid I know.

As for what do I think came up...I think the miners came up.
Look I'm not one to go in for all that clairvoyance stuff and what not. I don't deny it I just never experienced it so I cant say if that's what this is or not. I try to be as rational as I can but I'm having a hard time making connections.

It just seems like that whole area is under the influence of something else, something false or unreal. Like I said like a mask. Like I wouldn't be surprised if I saw the people in the photos and the miners themselves blow away as smoke, revealing that they were nothing more than apparitions.

Ok I'm taking my tin foil hat off and ordering the ACME EXTREME BIG TEN TIN FOIL SOMBRERO. This is rediculous.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well it certainly would be nice to be properly analyzed.
My issue is that from the moment I was introduced to the feelings, I didn't know they were trapped or miners at all.
Then I found out there were some trapped miners and didn't give it any thought other than those haunting feelings I would get.
Later...Much later here on ATS I was mildly surprised to see that they were being rescued. I thought that was good, but I felt immediately disturbed again. Because of that feeling I didn't bother to even concern myself with the rescue other than to chit chat a little on a couple of threads.

So whatever this is I'm feeling I am not sure it has anything to do specifically with miners in general, trapped in a cave, or anything like that. Whatever it is it seems deeper ( no pun intended) instinctual even.
A deep seated fear of being stalked by a predator or something. The fear you would have in a dream if running from a giant that was chasing you.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up--I agree to an extent that the whole incident is just bizzarre. Especially the fact that they won't talk about the first 17 days leading up to this. I wonder if some of the miners that they thought "died" in the initial blast ended up being food for the guys that did end up surviving. There had to be something strange that went on down there--who knows. Caves have always freaked me out -- ever see "The Descent"? I know cave creatures aren't real, but who knows? Down that far, who knows what's alive and what's not. Caves make me scared because of complete darkness--complete darkness is very, very crippling. It's terrifying to me and I'm wondering if that's perhaps what's bothering you as well.

Most likely this was as "ordinary" as a trapped miner story you'll get---to be honest, even though I have my gut feeling that something about this is very strange, I doubt it could ever be proven that something out of the ordinary happened down there. But quite a few of us have had feelings regarding this--and I believe strongly in gut feelings and a groupsense. If there's one or two people saying something, then you can discredit it...but I'm sure more than 15 people here on ATS have said similar things--that this whole cave rescue thing just doesn't seem to work out right.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Maybe you feel this way towards the cannibalism? I know it makes me a little uncomfortable, although you gotta do what you gotta do for survival...

Just to note, I got a strange feeling from this too... not because of the obvious cannibalism that took place but because of something else...
edit on 26-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth

Maybe you feel this way towards the cannibalism? I know it makes me a little uncomfortable, although you gotta do what you gotta do for survival...

Just to note, I got a strange feeling from this too... not because of the obvious cannibalism that took place but because of something else...

What's the something else?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Absolutely!
I have noticed a lot of people say the same thing, that this whole thing seems a little "off" which in my opinion makes the feelings I have all the more legitimate.
Though I think everyone has a uniquely different view for why they feel that way.
I for one, don't know what it is per se. I mean, I know something is off, like comparing two photos of the same object though one is missing an essential element, I just haven't found that element yet.
I try not to get to worked up over it and spook myself, but I can't shake the feeling.

I want to make it clear to all readers, and I will probably have to keep making it clear, My feelings and disturbances were upon me (BEFORE) I knew these individuals were trapped. So like I have said, I don't really think that what I am feeling has a whole lot to do with them being in a cave or otherwise. It may help though.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth

What's the something else?

Was there obvious cannibalism?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yes I did. Oh, the dangers of mining and the strange things that can come up to the surface to meet the light of day.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I agree; although, I haven't seen The Cave.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Honestly I debated whether or not to even do a thread on this issue assuming that by stating that I felt that something wasn't right about all this I would unavoidably be placing that thought into the minds of people whereby they too would subconsciously pick out oddities in it and also find something weird.

Thats not to say people are weak minded just that its normal human behavior.
I would say the same thing for myself but mine happened before the oddities occurred.

All I can say is I want to keep a close eye on these 33 dudes, and if they start acting weird, I mean even move the wrong way, we should cook'em!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I am really lost as to what your talking about,can u repeat it one more time?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

OH god, which part? Please don't say all of it.

Summery: I snowen20, inadvertently stumbled across the picture of the Chilean miners when the situation first occurred. Immediately I was struck with a sense of being chased or dread or a crushing feeling that had absolutely nothing to do with the fact they were underground.
I tried to put it to the back of my mind, but it will not stay there and it resurfaced again today when I saw a thread that posted material about the miners and the connections made to Masonry, which I don't believe there are any connections.

Because of my fugue like symptoms I thought I would ask ATS if they too had felt the strange feelings associated with this scenario.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
We have no television in our home and don't really watch it anywhere else. I saw one picture somewhere of the canal they dug and it to had a profound effect on me. Reason being, there are so many images that are placed in front of our eyes daily so I don't even remember them or pay any mind. But this formation of the tunnel running into the depths of over 2,000 feet has actually been stuck in my mind, slowly residing and bothering what I knew to be truth.

Something is wrong with the situation, why the massive celebration of success? Heard around the world! There are so many atrocities and accidents that happen to so many great people. Why the celebration for a horrible accident? The tunnel seemed more important than even the rescue of the life involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join