It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen's £38m a year offshore windfarm windfall - because she owns the seabed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Queen's £38m a year offshore windfarm windfall - because she owns the seabed

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Royal Family have secured a ucrative deal that will earn them tens of millions of pounds from the massive expansion of offshore windfarms. They will net up to £37.5 million extra income every year from the drive for green energy because the seabed within Britain’s ter­ritoria waters is owned by the Crown Estate. Under new measures announced by Chancellor George Osborne last week, the Royals will soon get 15 per cent of the profits from the Estate’s £6 billion property portfolio, rather than t
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/24/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So the queen owns the seabed huh? How the hell does anyone own the seabed? Does she charge the fish rent?

Is it any wonder charley has been pushing for wind farms etc for years. If i was a cynic I could be thinking that all of his environmentalism was motivated by his wallet.

Again.. HTF does ANYONE own the seabed? Surely it belongs to the whole country and not just a few inbreds? That money should go straight into the country!

How many nurses and police would that buy?

Pfft

Does anyone have the schematics for a gulliotine?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: belings?!l??

edit on 24-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

How very convenient.
Good to see that we are all in it together during these difficult times.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No for real how do you own a sea bed? like could I buy a corral reef or construct one to live in with my family? where do i buy a monopoly sea edition? would sharks be considered terrorists? lol the seabed? how is that allowed by anybody of this planet? We all come from the earth, dirt, and that is indisputable. I dont believe this... Im telling you, air is next.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

How very convenient.
Good to see that we are all in it together during these difficult times.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Convenient indeed!

The abolishment of the civil list is just a rebrand. Like benifits were changed to "tax credits".
Something tells me that we are not in this together,

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hold on, the royals have a £6Bil property portofolio? Flippin hekkkk!

I guess the £38 mil is just a drop in the ocean than.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Maybe the could all go and live there. Charley would have to take up water polo instead and Anne would have to ride sea horses. An adjustment to be sure but do-able..

Its like the airspace thing too. I wonder who owns that? Anyone? Ive got dibs on it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

What's the difference between the sea bed and land?

If we accept that a person can own a piece of land, which is debateable, then surely the sea bed is no different.
If the sea bed belongs to anyone it should be the people and this money should go towards off-setting some of the recently announced cuts and not Liz's private coffers!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Can't find a schematic for a guillotene

The english didn't use them though, a simple axe is good enough.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They owned a quarter of the planet not too long ago! Go on, let the poor buggers keep their sea-bed

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
They owned a quarter of the planet not too long ago! Go on, let the poor buggers keep their sea-bed

A lot of people on this site would argue they still do!

Seriously though, any money genorated by our resources should go straight to the treasury to help with the austerity burden and not so some inbred toff wearing medals they have no business wearing can have their ass wiped on gold leaf toilet paper because they happened to be "born"..

I wonder how much body armour and rat-packs that would buy for the troops?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
While half a million employees expected to lose their jobs in the public sector and possibly another half million in the private sector, the royals find a new source of convenient income to see them through the hard times. God bless em

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

We dont make our own axes anymore, that was out sourced to Taiwan..
A conspiracy in itself! Maybe the presence of axes makes them feel uncomfortable so they secretly ruined the steel industry!!
Ahhh those Frenchies had the right idea after all..
edit on 24-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

God bless them indeed

Why do we need them again? I forget

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Or a good hanging, drawing and quartering for the connoisseur! Though a simple beheading is good to take the kids along to.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
hmmm. so the big windfarm they are putting up in my neck of the woods will be rented from the crown..

lol.. what a mad world we live in

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
***TIN FOIL HAT WARNING***

Just throwing this out there.. Maybe I have been on this site too long but there does seem to be a modicum of very long term planning here... Almost as if they knew this was comming a VERY long time ago so that when we got to this specific time in the NWO/alien/demon/insert meglomaniac/illuminati/bilderburg program, they can drag this out of the hat, after years of shamelessly promoting this kind of thing??

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by harryhaller

Or a good hanging, drawing and quartering for the connoisseur! Though a simple beheading is good to take the kids along to.

Hmmm... both seem quite messy to me..
Perhaps sou'westers would be the order of the day for such events..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I wonder how much body armour and rat-packs that would buy for the troops?

A bloody lot! Though as far as I know we're not doing too badly on that front at the moment. Have you seen the interesting new toys that UKSF, the Pathfinders, 148 Bty RA etc are getting? Do want.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is just the beginning, everyone who was rich before is going to become even richer. We are witnessing a large "cash grab" by the elites of this country through the use of no bid contracts, privatisation and privilege..

I dread to think what the country will look like in 5 years time...

edit on 24-10-2010 by strangleholder1 because: .......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join