It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Help needed) - When/if sites like ATS get censored Plan of Action Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
You could get a T-1 line and create your own internet within a State and only allow access to dial up customers and verify they are within the State by their phone number for them to access it.

Since your new internet does not cross State lines the Federal Government has no authority to regulate it. They can't shut it down. States are losing hundreds of Billions collectively in lost sales tax from people buying off the internet we currently have. They would embrace their own internet as it would boost tax revenue. And we'd have the Federal Government out of our new internet.

This is the next big boom.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Pervius because: spellin'

Any good links for this?

reply to post by network dude

I have bookmarked that site for future reading, after skimming through that page it seems quite interesting.
Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by TKDRL
Well if you are just talking about internet censorship, what about TOR? It is used by people in countries that censor and lockdown internet all over the world.

Thanks, I've got that program and never actually thought of adding it to the resource pile.

reply to post by Vilkata

Thanks a lot for your effort, adding it to the resource pile

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

Do with it what you want. I am not fear mongering. I am telling what I know. It is very simple, when the Government starts shutting down parts of the internet, then ts has already htf. It will very obvious to everyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think this needs a bump considering current circumstances.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
lets join forces

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

amen that post.

i for one. am down to donate resources and effort.
edit on 26-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: spellering

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
lets join forces

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That sounds like a great idea.

When you have compiled a load of information and I have done the same, we could share info and work together (Off ATS) to come up with an action plan if your up for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
B-b-b-b-b-BUMPED.

Seems a lot more relevant now, and hopefully will get more response from you guys seeing as it is a much more likely outcome now.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Actually I have taken some inspiration from this thread, and seeing as there is an interest in this sort of thing, I was thinking of making an operating system based on linux that is geared specifically for a SHTF/Internet "shutoff" scenario. Some basic points I have decided upon so far:

1)must be bootable from a USB or cd
2)contain various public domain pdf's covering a range of topics from survivalism to whatever situations this may be needed.
3)consume as little power as possible
4)have routing and dns etc capabilities built in, with a premade list of useful sites that may or may not still be up, since the internet kill switch will most likely involve shutting down or blocking access to the DNS servers.

I've actually meant to get to work on this project, all of it can be done with free linux software, and once I crack down and get started should not take long. Any other ideas are most welcome.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It seems to me that if you are worried about internet censorship, then you should leave the internet out of the equation. What I mean is that if "They" start controlling what information is available online, do you not think they will be scanning everything possible? It is inevitable that any subterfuged system would be found out rather quickly.

Shortwave is a good idea as are CB's. But if we go into lockdown, they will be weeded out as well.

I suggest going old, old school. The written word. A newsletter. A magazine. Secret codes. You see where I'm going with this? Even if they completely block the internet, you cannot stop the written word. It has worked since man first learned to write and it will continue working until we are able to communicate through telepathy.

It would be slow, yes, but as a last row of defense, it would be a strategic win. Even in wartime, certain mail still gets through. That is who this group should align itself with. A magazine or something else that is completely unrelated to anything even remotely suspicous and would therefore be unnoticed by those in power. That way the masses could still receive information.

Perhaps if we hid our info in Pre-Approved credit card offers...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

When ATS gets banned,hit up the facebook. Then discuss on it why this happened.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

this is a great idea.

with a custom OS we could cover all of these ideas and build on it as we go.

it would need bbs capabilities amongst other things

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Open Mesh

this company sells the routers and nodes and software to get a mesh network going.

everything is plug and play, and inexpensive.

the router is $30 and the nodes are $10, you should be able to easily cover your dwelling and route to your neighbor for $100 or less.

they have outdoor nodes, and indoor nodes that plug into the wall

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ATS is already censored... Do your homework...

kx

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
cash out all your bank accounts, sell your home and quickly exit the US
if you have no money? gather all your patriot buddies and rob all the banks closest to the border...lol

be sure to continue heading south till you cant remember where you came from and never look back

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
nothings going to happen till next spring, they cant fight a Stalingrad and they know it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

reply to post by Vilkata

Thanks for both of your inputs,
adding to resource pile.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ok this thread needs a huge bump.

plus ive been speaking with somebody who passed along some info i thought could resurrect this thread/project.

theres been a lot of good ideas so far, and they all present there own pro's and con's....but this one i think is most viable due to its range capabilities.

earlier in the thread i explained the concept of packet radio, which is basicly a HAM that plugs into your computer. well, within this realm of radios there is one system in particular that stands out as "most feasible" .

this system is called PSK31 and it has a range of 500 miles (or more if you can get your antenna up high). the radio actually just plugs into your computer. "The Warbler" and runs about $150. this is a little more expensive than the mesh routers, but covers way more area. its basicly a long distance chat interface. like shortwave, its coverage is best at certain times of the day.

ill repost the email, please give it a read. with such a large coverage area, we wouldnt need as many participants to make this project a reality. with the ability to transmit so far (several states) it makes this doable in the UK too.

theres already huge networks of these online, but ATS could start its own net with just a handful of people. Hell i bet theres already a few licensed HAM operators on ATS ready to get started. heres the email:

The SAFE Ham system is a very simple and dependable system that will be available at a very low cost. Although other digital modes can be used with our proposed hardware and software - our proposed system is based upon PSK31 (Phase Shift Key, 31Baud) which has changed the nature of communications over Ham radio and which has attracted thousands of Hams to use this as their main mode of operation. PSK31 is extremely efficient use of operating bandwidth , typically requiring about 60 Hz for the signal. Signal separation of 100 Hz without interference is common practice. It is this narrow bandwidth that makes feasible reliable long distance communications with relatively low power transmitters - and we plan to particularly use the 80 meter band. The nature of the PSK31 modulation system is such that it is effectively a two-tone modulation system. If all that sounds like gobbledy gook - (quite appropriate on this Thanksgiving Day) then don't worry about it. What we are talking about - is a simple system that hooks directly onto your computer. It can even be hooked onto a battery powered laptop. If you don't have a laptop - you don't have to go out and buy one. You can use the SAFE Ham system with your regular desktop. Because of the situation that we are talking about using it in it will probably be the case that you won't have a working power outlet to plug your desktop computer into. But not to worry. There are probably going to be lots of car batteries around - in non-working cars. If the cars are working - then you will be able to charge the batteries - after you use them - even if the roads are such that there is nowhere to go (if you did have the gas). Your radio system won't take so much energy - but that you will probably be able to find enough gas to keep the batteries charged. To use the car batteries for a desk top PC you will need an inverter (but not for a laptop or the radio system). Check the Internet - and you will find them for $13 up. You should find something suitably local - (ahead of time) for well under $80. I will provide more details on that - another time. You will also need an antenna for this system. This is something else that you should get locally ahead of time. Do you remember that old brown flat wire - with one lead on each side of it - that you used to use to hook up the TV to the antenna. 120 feet of that would be durable and excellent - but not required. At our power levels ... ANY copper or aluminum wire will do, even steel or stainless steel. Practically any gauge will do... even thin 24 gauge telephone wire and other wire that will work. The wire I have suggested wraps nicely around something - like a paper towel tube. Roll it up - when you aren't using it - and roll it out in two strands - each 60 feet long - when you need it. You don't have to get it high up - but the higher the better. 8 to 12 feet off the ground for communication out to 500 miles, and as high as possible for longer distances. We can tell you some creative ways to use telephone poles. This is a non-directional antenna - so laying the two leads out in any direction - will probably work just as well. Now comes the radio itself and since it works at 12-15V DC at 0.5A it can work off the battery - that we were discussing above. The radio then plugs into 3 computer interfaces on your computer: 1. Audio In (Sound card out) 2. Audio Out (Sound Card Mic In) 3. Serial Port (DB-9, uses RTS discrete) T/R Switching These are neat little radios. They come as a kit - for around $150 including some neat little additional features - such as a case. There are several sources - but the specific one that we are looking at (at the moment) is: www.smallwonderlabs.com... One group near here got together on Canada Day and each person built one. There are also people on the Internet - who offer to assemble them - and we are discussing with Rob who works at Jim's Radio and TV (from where we ship our books) about their assembling them there. So how does all this really work? Well, you simply sit at your computer and type a message. Much like you would type an email (although when you will really need this system - there will be no Internet). You then locate the station on the "waterfall" (you can see the "waterfall" in the demo video below) on your computer screen - that you are wanting to correspond with. Once you have made the connection with the station you can then send your message - and receive messages from them. Everything just appears on your computer like you were doing a chat over the Internet. Here is a 30 minute Youtube video of someone actually using a PSK31 system. www.youtube.com... This demo is what I consider the usual boring Ham dialog - "I hear you - do you hear me?" But anyway - you can see how it works. Coincidently - the software we will use is freeware. Totally free, not adware, no trial period. Just free free free commercial quality software In application we would schedule stations to be on at specific times - and you would look for stations around yourself. You would have a list of who is where - and then you can "listen in" on any conversation that you wish. You can also strike up a "conversation" with any of the stations. Local communication out to 500 miles works from dawn until a few hours after dusk and long distance communication is the same but lasts longer into the evening, often until a few hours before sunrise. PSK31 uses an alphabet similar to Morse which gives a text speed of about 50 wpm. You never actually see the code - because you just type your message - and the computer does the coding. The computer also does the decoding on the messages that you listen into or receive. The baud rate being actually 31.25 means that works out to about 50 words per minute or two hundred and fifty characters per minute. 4 minutes to send a thousand characters. Forty minutes to send 10,000 which is about the length of one of my newsletters. In other words it would take about forty minutes - to receive the newsletter - so it means that we aren't going to be sending something that long. The answer is - to send very important info - and to use a lot of abbreviations. One station can send - and lots of stations receive at the same time. This is a very practical system for us. It would have a LOT of value - if there were no other communication. Don't keep thinking - "The government, police, military, or whoever - will do this for us - because they are not really equipped for that- and you can see today - how likely they are going to be concerned about your own personal needs - such as providing you shelter - or like finding out how your children are doing somewhere. So - how do I see all this working? Well, we are trying to set up the SAFE enrollment system. There are over 3,000 counties in the US. If each county had ten stations - that wouldn't be too many. You could work very well with stations near you. On the other-hand - we collect the counties into Districts - and there are slightly over 500 Districts - in the US. Like the Counties - and States - all the Districts should have a TEAM Leader - and that means the average District will have 6 counties. If we can get people to participate in the SAFE Network then there may be a number of Ham operators around you. These networks can then coordinate various types of information. Some operators in each state and district may specialize in information for such things as medicine and agriculture. Others would specialize in collecting, organizing and announcing weather information - road conditions - social stability - damage reports - and many other things - which would be gathered coordinated - and passed on. The information would be passed up the net for compilation - and down the net for everyone's knowledge. You can see the concept on the web page for your state - at www.webpal.org The family locator system - has always been a key part of the Ark Two and SAFE Network concepts. Do you really think that anyone else is making plans for you this way - and in the other important means of support? My goal is to have 10 participating stations in each county. Three thousand stations in the US - would probably represent 300,000 people enrolled in SAFE. It may all be a part of the Impossible Dream - and if it is - that is sad - because that is what is needed and there is nothing else like it being planned for you by the government or anyone else. However, if we end up with only 30 participating stations - and 300 SAFE members - that will certainly be far better than nothing. Thirty of us helping each other - is a far cry from no one helping anyone. I hope to soon have the registration and enrollment program going. In the meantime - you can look at the links that I have given you - and check out the free portion of the HamTest program at - www.hamradiolicenseexam.com... When they ask you where you heard about it - you can mention from SAFE - and Bruce Beach. If we get enough people interested - we may be able to get a discount for you when you enroll for the paying part. So - we will continue to work on this. I expect it will be after the first of the year - before we can put it together - but you could study for your Ham License before then.

HAM License practice

not sure if you need a license in the UK
edit on 18-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join