It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; the First Woe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I do think it will be a state of mind as well. However, I think that it indicates there will be two different types of the state of mind. One that attacks the wicked and one that feels the sting and despair of the attack. It says the locusts would have golden armor. Golden armor represents to me pure intentions that are shielded from non pure intentions. To me the locusts metaphor relates to those that are awakened to their purpose on earth and set out to change the world for the benefit of all. Those that refuse to change will wish they were dead as their earthly power will not be recognized by these locusts and they will not be able to fend off the attack. Our interpretation of what type of state of mind and how this applies is of little concern as I think we mostly agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
1) The Description is the Face On Mars.

2) The Opening is the hole CERN will create.

As for the person who thinks he will be raptured before all of this... so far everyone has been wrong concerning dates and times dealing with bible prophecy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Great post as always!! S&F for you.
Really enjoyed reading this, showed it to my wife as she is now on to her study on REV.
Your threads are a great referance tool.
You always keep me on my toes cause I always have to go back and research what you post which is almost as fun as reading what you post!

edit on 18-10-2010 by dthwraith because: Ignore my typos no coffee yet!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

DISRAELI,

Rev. 12:9 we see Satan and his angels cast "into" the earth and then we see this "king" here brought to view in this "woe", fifth seal. This is the king over what is seen coming up out in the smoke.
Re 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. KJV

Then please read Rev. 11:7 Re. 17:8 Re. 20:1 and then finally he, Satan is cast into the bottomless pit again and locked up for a 1,000 yrs. and then the second ressurection when all will be thrown into the lake of fire.

I hope you have Bible software to easily get to these verses, I do and it's not expensive. I would not mind copy and pasting them here but some it seems feel it offensive. I don't believe the text of the KJV is copyrighted.

This should answer the question without any more explantion from me.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Thank you for that contribution.
But I haven't seen your opinion of the interpretation of the "woe" given in the OP.
Leaving aside the question of origins, demonic or otherwise, I was trying to examine what the Woe would be like as an experience.

edit on 18-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
according to scripture
all of this happens after the rapture
correct?

then I have no reason to know
what's gonna happen as I'll
be gone

Incorrect, as its written those who posses the mark of Christ wont be dammed to this zombie state those who are demonic shall suffer and death will flee from them, so they suffer and dont die during their 5 mnth period of torment. (IN WHICH THEY WILL BLASPHMEY GOD DUE TO THEIR PAINS AND NOT REPENT FOR THEIR SINS COMMENTED). The STAR ABADDON/APOLLYON is their king (THE LOCUST) and is who directs them. Apollyon is soildier under Christ legion. Nephilim and Watcher FALLENS are bonded within bottemless pit as well TO BE FREED during WRATH upon EVIL 1S ASWELL.

s&f

edit on 10/18/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

DISRAELI,

Verse Re. 9:4 reveals they can't harm those with the seal of God and that is the good part, but the rest is not good. It brings to mind the verses of 2 Thes. 2:3-9. Those verses reveal the imposter, Satan and then when our Lord comes Satan's physical appearance will be destroyed at the brightness of His coming. It defintely will be a very perilous time that Yahweh keeps His own under His wings. However we are all appointed to die once, Heb. 9:27.

NO Jesus die twice - KNOW Jesus die once.

Satan and his angels are let out to be seen, they've been here and around us but our eyes have not been opened to see them. The Lord opened the eyes of Baallam and he could then see the angel of the Lord. Nu.22:31. They are spirits and we don't see them but are surrounded by them, the heavenly outnumber the evil 2 to 1. The evil ones have always wanted a house (body ) to dwell in and perhaps have conjured up such as men are beginning to see what they term aliens. It is all in the near future there is no doubt. We are warned and so we must make our calling and election sure.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Perhaps we should allow for multiple meanings.
When I was looking at the "seven heads" of the Beast in ch13, I related them to the "four heads" of the leopard in Daniel ch7 and took the meaning from there (subordinate political states). That's the meaning that comes from referring to the rest of the Bible. But ch17 offers two additional, more "localised" interpretations, ie the seven hills and the seven kings.
Similarly in this case; there is a meaning for "sea" (ie the Abyss of Genesis ch1) which can be found by referring to the rest of the Bible. But once again, as you've pointed out, ch17 offers an additional interpretation special to Revelation.
In both cases, I think I would want to call the first interpretation the "primary" meaning, and the ch17 interpretation the "secondary" meaning.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud

At the end of revelations when it talks about the 7 seals that we need to open, it is refering to the seven ways to interpret the bible.

The seven seals are first mentioned in ch5, and they are being opened all the way through ch6.
It is the Lamb who is opening them; he gains this right as a consequence of his death and resurrection.
I was discussing this in the attached thread;
The Lamb and the scroll

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron
It is all in the near future there is no doubt. We are warned and so we must make our calling and election sure.

Thank you for that contribution.
I would be reluctant to commit myself to a statement that these events would come in the near future.
But of course "making the calling sure" would remain the right thing to do in any case.

edit on 18-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh ok, my mistake

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by plainpaper
1) The Description is the Face On Mars.
2) The Opening is the hole CERN will create.

You express that very confidently. I wonder how you can be so sure that the text means these possibilities and not others. Why would a literal opening release the creatures described in the passage?
At the moment, I prefer my explanation of a metaphorical opening.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

DISRAELI,

From what I can learn this old world will be 6,000 yrs. old by the end of the yr. 2015 but we start the yr. in Jan. and I find Yah. starts it about the middle of March. That would mean that 2-1/2 mos. plus but who knows for sure. I'm certain that is a very accurate time but to lay it out here I won't attempt it. The trumpets and seals then would need to be completed in that time. Mat. says that the time will be shortened for the elects sake and I think that is the 1290 or 1335 days of Dan. 12:11,12. What makes this so alerting is the fact of how fast the evil is moving now against the people. It appears a terrible "storm" is coming. No I'm not a time setter, Yah is in charge but I do know this, He tells us, Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. KJV. He will let us know if and when it is for our good. This is why I say the time is upon us.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

My concern about the idea of a "near future" timescale is that there simply would not be enough time, in the near future, for all the things which need to be happening first.
First, the seven seals, as you say.
Then there is there rise of the world-government, the rise of the Beast, to be followed in due course by the religious persecution instituted by the Beast. In the real political world, all that would need time to develop. As far as I'm concerned, the so-called "seven year" period doesn't even begin until the seven seals period is over.
Then the "trumpets" -ie the action which God takes to bring down the power of the Beast. All these things take time.
So my policy is always- instead of looking at things in the present world and trying to match them with items in Revelation, we need to establish what the descriptions in Revelation actually mean, and then wait patiently for those meanings to be matched in God's own time.

edit on 20-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

DISRAELI,

Well I would say we are way far apart on prophecy as the first beast of Rev. 13:1-10 all started to happen in 1798 and the 42 mos. there for that beast to continue to make war starts when the deadly wound is healed for me and I see that to happen when martydom again begins as it was when the wound was inflicted but I see that we are on different pages here so I will drop it with you as we just take up space that is wasted. Some of righr thinking are being done away with now but mybe not one of Gods children yet but when it does for sure it will be apparent and if not already started is close. With that I bid you to your own course.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Perhaps, if nothing seems to be happening by 2015, you may like to come back and have another look at the way I've been approaching the "timeline" question.
I promise you that my approach has been thought through carefully, and I believe it holds water as a way of dealing consistently with the text.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

Wezet....baby....you have discovered something....the watchers= scorpions.....in Enoch the watchers were fallen angels!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

You needed also to look at my reply to WeZet, where I pointed out that his connestion between "scorpion" and "watcher" seemed to be based on a misreading of the Greek.
Scorpion = SKORPIOS
Watcher = SKOPOS
They're not the same word at all, just accidentally close.

edit on 3-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I now add a link to my more recent thread on the "Second Woe", which obviously complements this one;
The Second Woe

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Another dandy thread, Dis...have you done anything about the lifting of the veil? Could it be that part of the Woe is when unbelievers can see into the Spirit World and identify the true evil of demons, fallen angels, etc? That dounds like a terrible woe to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join