It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP should be shut down for good!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gilbo303

It's the same reason why people don't trust the LHC. It's seen a mysterious because people simply can't understand the science behind it. So, when they see these multimillion dollar pieces of equipment all they see is something that looks like a doomsday device from a movie and can't understand that these big machines are only replicating events that happen on a regular basis, but to a much smaller extent.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Pauligirl

I think where this misconception stems from is the fact that HAARP's effective radiated power is 5.1 Terawatts. People just assume that this means that HAARP is capable of producing 5.1 Terawatts.

Just to help stem said misconception, I have a question! What is the difference? IE: What is the definition of 'Effective radiated power, against total power output?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
The one thing i am trying to get out there is that HAARP is blamed for a large number of disasters so why can you tell me why HAARP is blamed for those disasters and LOL OMG WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHY HAARP HAS LOTS OF SECURITY IF IT IS NOT CLASSIFIED?
edit on 17-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

Why HAARP is blamed for those disasters? Because this is the internet and there's a whole lot of crazy, paranoid people on it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The video is from 1995 and goes over in depth the patents, etc associated with the haarp program. One of the best videos I know of on the subject. Try to stomach the video/production quality, the information is very valuable. The same author did an updated video on the subject 2006 but I would recommend watching the older one first for the more specific info.

Google Video Link

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

The one thing i am trying to get out there is that HAARP is blamed for a large number of disasters so why can you tell me why HAARP is blamed for those disasters and LOL OMG WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHY HAARP HAS LOTS OF SECURITY IF IT IS NOT CLASSIFIED?

Why HAARP is blamed for those disasters? Because this is the internet and there's a whole lot of crazy, paranoid people on it.

I havn't heard HAARP being directly blamed for any natural disasters, I mean sure, I've heard conspiracy theorists suggesting it may well have or will be, but again, nothing from any credible source.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Video no longer available.
Just me?
:'(

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

Wow, I had no idea something like this even existed. I know how I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon. Research!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Effective radiated energy only applies to RF energy. It is essentially the energy of the entire system, not just power output. From wikipedia:

In radio telecommunications, effective radiated power or equivalent radiated power (ERP) is a standardized theoretical measurement of radio frequency (RF) energy[1] [2] using the SI unit watts, and is determined by subtracting system losses and adding system gains. ERP takes into consideration transmitter power output (TPO), transmission line attenuation (electrical resistance and RF radiation), RF connector insertion losses, and antenna directivity, but not height above average terrain (HAAT).

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There are actually 5 additional facilities like HAARP that we know about. Keep in mind that these are only the disclosed power levels.

1) Mu Radar – 1 megawatt facility in Japan (34°51'14.80"N 136° 6'19.45"E).

2) Arecibo Observatory – 2 megawatt facility in Puerto Rico (18°20'38.97"N 66°45'9.77"W).

3) HIPAS – 70 megawatt facility east of Fairbanks, Alaska (64°52'21.18"N 146°50'18.78"W).

4) Sura – 190 megawatt facility in central Russia (56° 7'10.32"N 46° 2'4.41"E).

5) EISCAT – 1 gigawatt facility in Tromsø, Northern Norway (69°35'1.06"N 19°12'57.11"E).

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by d3ftronix

5) EISCAT – 1 gigawatt facility in Tromsø, Northern Norway (69°35'1.06"N 19°12'57.11"E).

I wonder if one of the most powerful H.A.A.R.P. facilities near where the Norway spiral happened is just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

I wonder if one of the most powerful H.A.A.R.P. facilities near where the Norway spiral happened is just a coincidence.

OK so here's a good point for discussion, and I hope I'm not going too off topic here, but what of the Norway Spiral and HAARP?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What's the connection between Norway spiral and HAARP

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I was just saying that the most powerful H.A.R.R.P facility ( that we know of ) is a stones throw / in the line of sight, to where the Norway spiral anomaly happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What's the connection between Norway spiral and HAARP

Well man, this is where it all culminates as far as conspiracies go, One researcher by the name of David Wilcock has disclosed that one of his sources stated that the Norway Spiral was part of Project Blue beam, and this anomalie was produced by implenting a mass conditioning device, which HAARP could be attributed to. Again, no solid proof or source, just hearsay from researchers who credentials I have not looked at.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I was just saying that the most powerful H.A.R.R.P facility ( that we know of ) is a stones throw / in the line of sight, to where the Norway spiral anomaly happened.

Ohh lol I got excited lol I was like yay finally someone has proof of HAARP doing evil lol

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just think human beings shouldn't be messing around with mother earths ionosphere. It has worked fine for millions of years.

Why mess with a good thing....

If it is about trying to tap into the atmosphere to draw power out of it.... I think we would be better off trying to tap into all that hydrogen in the water that encircles this earth.

HMMMM.. lets see...

The sun is made up of mostly hydrogen....

Hmmmm . The Earth has a surlus of hydrogen locked up in H20.

Lets take that hydrogen and make power and breath in the leftover o2.

NOT COOK THE IONOSPHERE

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I just think human beings shouldn't be messing around with mother earths ionosphere. It has worked fine for millions of years.

Why mess with a good thing....

If it is about trying to tap into the atmosphere to draw power out of it.... I think we would be better off trying to tap into all that hydrogen in the water that encircles this earth.

HMMMM.. lets see...

The sun is made up of mostly hydrogen....

Hmmmm . The Earth has a surlus of hydrogen locked up in H20.

Lets take that hydrogen and make power and breath in the leftover o2.

NOT COOK THE IONOSPHERE

Lol agreed

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

HAARP and similar facilities don't affect the ionosphere in any way. The intensity of the signal is tens of thousands times less powerful than the amount of electromagnetic radiation from the Sun that reaches the Earth everyday. It's also hundreds of times less than the Sun's UV energy that creates the ionosphere. Then there's also the fact that once the IRI is turned off the minuscule effect it does have on the ionosphere dissipates almost immediately.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by DJW001
Are we still doing HAARP threads? Do some research, guys.

Why bother doing research, you may actually learn something, much easier to just make up a silly but exciting story, blaming it for anything you like!

I have proof that it causes skunky beer. It's also been known to make me really sore after loading up a ruck with 40 pounds of cat litter and doing a beach run, although how they know when to do this is puzzling - maybe secret chip implants.

HAARP is also the cause for one sock of a pair to be missing from my dryer, when I know it was there to begin with, and I'm pretty sure some of the coat-hangers in my closet are HAARP antennas - they make my left leg kick just as I'm going to sleep.

(shakes fist)
Damn you HAARP!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It's not a HAARP facility, it's an EISCAT facility - different design, different operators, different government.

They're both ionosphere heaters. But totally different operations.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join