It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i foe another member?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I seriously cannot find the option. Has it been removed? If so... Why?

Cheers

Mr L

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

They removed the FOE button because it divided people and it was no longer used for 'respected foe' but rather as an enemy which you ignore or simply hate and that was not it's original intention.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I think they removed it and that's a good thing I think.
I think they also removed the ignore option too, also a good thing.

*The line below is not aimed at you Mr Lizard*

Can't people just not read the posts by a member who they don't like or just ignore them without a physical button?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I miss the foe button. It makes it so much more difficult to track the time wasters, racists and other morons who never have anything enlightening or constructive to add to threads. Now I have to keep a list in a separate application which really twists my nipples.

Rev

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Is the ignore feature now finally gone forever

Yes it is.

It's our feeling that, back when ATS was a more wild and untamed place, the ignore function was an appropriate respite for members. However, we now have a sharp and professional staff who works hard at keeping the streets clean and the lights on. I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members, but please give it time as the ability to consider even the most abrasive contribution -- from its philosophical perspective -- is a critical component of denying ignorance and supporting free-and-open expression.

(getting off soapbox)

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Oct. 12)#, page 50
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

How do I foe another member?

Write a post and tell them straight.

Don't say 'Your momma smokes crack.' Don't write that a diuretic would be wasted on them if they were on fire. Comparing their wisdom to an outcome of laxatives would also be against the T&Cs

U2U them or just post a reply that says something like....'You're FOED!'

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I dunno,
but I certainly do miss the ignore button.
Instead of being able to simply not have to read meaningless posts from people who contribute absolutely nothing but crap,.... now we are forced to read the trolls junk and one liner posts of insults and rubbish....

the recent "UFO's over NYC" thread, has many good examples from a particular troll.. er monkey, ...
er member.
effing useless people.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What I'm wondering is why my friends are no longer marked as my friends. I know that the friend list still exists on my profile but it used to be people who I'd marked as my friends on here had a nice green banner over their name marking them as such... that's gone now...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have always held the opinion that foeing and ignoring members is akin to petulant childishness.

I won't miss these features because it never crossed my mind to use them in the first place.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll be anyone's foe if they need one. I respect my foes and love a good debate. All you need to do to be my foe is stamp your feet three times and say my name. Conservative foes are so much fun to try and turn liberal. So, abort those unwanted babies, let gays marry, tax the hell out of the rich, stop plundering nations, and get a handgun. Hey, wait, that last one might keep me out of the liberal club.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

STAMP! STAMP! STAMP! "Earthdude"

I really hope I haven't unleashed the flames of hell. And yes, I'm conservative in nature!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have never used the ignore or foe button. If you don't see someone elses side then agree to disagree. There may be a lot of other things that you actually have in common.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Getting rid of the Foe option was a totally PC decision IMO. I thought ATS was about denying ignorance, not embracing political correctness.

The plain fact of the matter is that throughout life people meet people who they want to keep as friends, some they are indifferent to and remain acquaintances and then we all run into total jerks who really get under our skins for one reason or another. These are the facts of life and we all need to deal with them.

By getting rid of the Foe option, ATS is denying a basic part of human nature and taking away a valuable outlet for our anger at other members who really tick us off.

Me, I was always proud of that little list of people who had chosen to Foe me. It showed that my opinions had the power to get under someone else's skin and maybe even make them think a little bit.

I didn't use it much but, the two guys I had on my foes list were there for very good reasons; one I considered a respected foil for my opinions, the other was just a jerk who committed an unforgivable ATS sin IMO (He started a thread, said he's be back with more info to continue it, and never came back
).

Bring back the Foe feature ATS and stop pretending this is magic candy-cane land where everybody loves each other and always gets along while we ride pink unicorns around like a bunch of mindless idiots!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Getting rid of the Foe option was a totally PC decision IMO. I thought ATS was about denying ignorance, not embracing political correctness.

The plain fact of the matter is that throughout life people meet people who they want to keep as friends, some they are indifferent to and remain acquaintances and then we all run into total jerks who really get under our skins for one reason or another. These are the facts of life and we all need to deal with them.

By getting rid of the Foe option, ATS is denying a basic part of human nature and taking away a valuable outlet for our anger at other members who really tick us off.

Me, I was always proud of that little list of people who had chosen to Foe me. It showed that my opinions had the power to get under someone else's skin and maybe even make them think a little bit.

I didn't use it much but, the two guys I had on my foes list were there for very good reasons; one I considered a respected foil for my opinions, the other was just a jerk who committed an unforgivable ATS sin IMO (He started a thread, said he's be back with more info to continue it, and never came back
).

Bring back the Foe feature ATS and stop pretending this is magic candy-cane land where everybody loves each other and always gets along while we ride pink unicorns around like a bunch of mindless idiots!
edit on 10/14/10 by FortAnthem because: I feel so strongly about this, I had to post it twice! (in other words, OOPS! Double post!!)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Find the person you want to foe.

Go to the forum they posted in.

Reply to their post with some insults, and end it with you throwing down the virtual gauntlet.

Your good to foe, err go.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
:'( tear and i never even had a time to make an enemy and hate on anyone

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I have never used the ignore or foe button. If you don't see someone elses side then agree to disagree. There may be a lot of other things that you actually have in common.

Me neither.
I never foed or ignored anybody. Whats the point? I had been foed by like 5 or 6 people though. That really taught me a lesson

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Don't say 'Your momma smokes crack.' Don't write that a diuretic would be wasted on them if they were on fire. Comparing their wisdom to an outcome of laxatives would also be against the T&Cs

U2U them or just post a reply that says something like....'You're FOED!'

LOL! Kandinsky!

I'm making voodoo dolls of my foes instead and sticking them with very large pins... or giving them a buzz in the microwave. I saw nothing about not being able to do that in T&C... so I figured what the hey!

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

That doesn't always work.

Bring back the Ignore list, I say.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I don't have any foes but I did have a couple of people on my ignore list. I found them to be unpleasant and I don't even want to know when they're around. That's what the ignore button is for. Out of sight out of mind.

Now this option has gone? I'm not happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join