It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i foe another member?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I never used the FOE button, as it set the person in a list called "Your Respected Foes". Why would I have respected foes? There might be some people who disagree with my opinion, and we have a jolly debate every now and then, but they are certainly not my enemy or foe for having a different opinion. Then there were idiotic trolls who just posted the same thing again and again and refused to listen to reason. They were certainly not respected by me.

I think 1 or 2 people had foed me

Also, no Ignore button. Yay! Deny Ignorance!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by mr-lizard

What I'm wondering is why my friends are no longer marked as my friends. I know that the friend list still exists on my profile but it used to be people who I'd marked as my friends on here had a nice green banner over their name marking them as such... that's gone now...

See now that I DO miss.

I don't see the point in just having it in our profiles....

But I guess can't have one without the other, maybe they've just got rid of all of that.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
I have always held the opinion that foeing and ignoring members is akin to petulant childishness.

I won't miss these features because it never crossed my mind to use them in the first place.

I will admit that at one point my ignore list was full, I have a low tolerance for loud racists who seem to have a tendency to group together and support each other, and I don't mean just none pc stuff but out and out racist drivel also I used to ignore folk for while if they peed me off with dumb comments about turning a region of Earth into a radioactive glass bowl, not just for the evil sentiment or the stupid arrogance just because I found them abhorrent and didn't want to look at them for bit.

Also it was a useful tool to clean up a thread temporarily just to make it easier to read without the trolls, numbskull's and cunning derailers eg the All roads lead to Rome thread.

An aside, I cant see, write or hear the word Rome without mentally saying in a pompous voice "Wome" all because of The life of Brian, lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Some of my colleagues recommended that I write a letter about how Mr-Lizard's delirious programs of Gleichschaltung are not something that endears him to me. This is that letter. In the rest of this letter, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that it is axiomatic that hostile extremism is his preferred quick-fix solution to complex cultural problems.

Quite simply, Mr-Lizard claims that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all completely justified. Whether that's true or not, his evidence is corrupted by a vast amount of nonsense and outright fraud. Before we can further discuss Mr-Lizard's claim we must acknowledge that I've known some talebearers who were impressively vulgar. However, Mr-Lizard is uncouth and that trumps vulgar every time. With all their sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, his morals are entirely devious. So please permit me to appropriate and paraphrase something I once heard: "He is an expert at shameless name-dropping."

Mr-Lizard is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his hijinks. His disquisitions are so overbearing that they are easily taken up and assimilated by odious, neurotic buttinskies, whose intellectual level corresponds to the material offered. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that once he has approved of something it can't possibly be foul-mouthed, then there is indubitably no hope for you. Mr-Lizard deeply believes that might makes right. Meanwhile, back on Earth, the truth is very simple: Prudence is no vice. Cowardice—especially Mr-Lizard's unprofessional form of it—is. Help me protect the interests of the general public against the greed and unreason of contemptuous, officious moral weaklings. Join your hands with mine in this, the greatest cause of our time.
Source

ET

edit on 15-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: jokes are funny

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Hahaha! ROFLMAO!
Great ET!

Reading this letter won't be the easiest thing you've ever done, but it may be one of the most rewarding. In the text that follows, I won't bother discussing the flaws in Esoteric Teacher's logic because he obviously doesn't use any logic. In whatever form it takes—magazines, music, propaganda, or any other form—Esoteric's rhetoric is designed to condone illegal activities. It strikes me as amusing that Esoteric complains about people who do nothing but complain. Well, news flash! He does nothing but complain.

The only thing worse than being ignorant is not knowing how ignorant you are. That's Esoteric Teacher's problem. Let me get to the crux of the matter: Esoteric maintains that either cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding or that his blessing is the equivalent of a papal imprimatur. Esoteric denies any other possibility.

On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Esoteric Teacher's theatrics. I guess I should start by saying that Esoteric wants to prevent us from raising the quality of debate on issues surrounding his vexatious, superficial convictions. If he manages to do that, he'll have plenty of time to focus on his core mission: convincing impressionable young people that he is as innocent as a newborn lamb. You may detect disapproval and anger in my writing when I state that behind his mask of benevolence stands a complete plan for world government, world power, world conquest, and the promotion of deplorable factionalism. That disapproval and anger exists primarily because time cannot change Esoteric's behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Esoteric can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, thrust all of us into scenarios rife with personal animosities and petty resentments.

While Esoteric is out creating a desolation and calling it peace, the general public is shouldering the bill. Sadly, this is a bill of shattered minds, broken hearts and homes, depression and all its attendant miseries, and a despondency about Esoteric's attempts to put political correctness ahead of scientific rigor. Esoteric's view is that he knows 100% of everything 100% of the time. If Esoteric's disreputable cheerleaders had any moral or intellectual training, such a position would unquestionably be rendered revolting to their better feelings. Esoteric frequently avers his support of democracy and his love of freedom. But one need only look at what Esoteric is doing—as opposed to what he is saying—to understand his true aims. He says that everyone would be a lot safer if he were to monitor all of our personal communications and financial transactions—even our library records. Why on Earth does he need to monitor our library records? That's the question that perplexes me the most because as the adherents of Randian objectivism believe, the only visible result of his bunco games has been a series of tactical and strategic policy blunders. Furthermore, as the adherents of empiricism observe, to believe that Esoteric's decisions are based on reason is to deceive ourselves.

Esoteric's noisome, mean-spirited epigrams are forcing our nation to face embarrassment after embarrassment and disaster after disaster. However true that is, Esoteric uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity. Following this line of logic, it would appear that if there's one thing that he's good at, it's spreading the germs of hatred, of discord and jealously, of dissolution and decomposition. What really irks me is that Esoteric has presented us with a Hobson's choice. Either we let him intensify race hatred or he'll leave a generation of people planted in the mud of a simple-minded, irresponsible world to begin a new life in the shadows of militarism.

What makes Esoteric think we want him to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom? Did he read something about that in "The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Sectarianism"? At the same time, there's something fishy about his ploys. I think Esoteric is up to something, something callow and perhaps even biased.

We may never learn the answers to some of the more vexing questions surrounding Esoteric Teacher's motives.

Source

I really love that link!

Thanks ET!
edit on 15-10-2010 by Chevalerous because: Simply for fun!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I have always held the opinion that foeing and ignoring members is akin to petulant childishness.

I won't miss these features because it never crossed my mind to use them in the first place.

Couldn't have said it better.

And that the options are removed?

Good on ATS!

peace

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What! There's no friends list any more either?

Aw well, I been here 6 years and didn't make a single one anyway.

Some folk I still want to ignore tho'

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Mr-Lizard is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and

Erm... Should i be scared?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Erm... Should i be scared?

It was generated by a complaint generator site mr-lizard.

Here: www.pakin.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I personally don't ignore people, i'd much rather acknowledge someone as a foe (for future reference) as opposed to ignoring them completely..

Or is that just me?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Thanks ET!
edit on 15-10-2010 by Chevalerous because: Simply for fun!

And that is surely reason enough.

Thanks for helping keep our ATS fun, and you do,
ET

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Please bring back the ignore button. It has taken me a year but, I finally found a member I just can not stand to read. They add absolutely nothing to any thread I see them in. They spend their time attacking the semantics of posts in an attempt to derail and hijack threads. The add nothing to the conversation.

Please give me back the right to make their blabbering disappear.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
See SkepticOverlords posts here about the foe feature.

Anything else you have about the change over, please add into that thread as well.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join