It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Bomb alert at Holborn station, London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

BREAKING: Bomb alert at Holborn station, London

twitpic.com

No source. Numerous reports on twitter. Box found with wires. Station closed. Breaking..

Link continues picture of the area
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Reports and pictures are being posted on twitter regarding a bomb alert at Holborn station London. Area has been closed off.

I'm currently looking for a mainstream report, I can only get eyewitness accounts from the area. Will post a media link, when available.

Sirens are now being reported in the area. All other tube stations are on apparent high alert.

twitpic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
not good.. hopefully it is nothing

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Holborn tube station has been closed and evacuated, and the area around it cordoned off, in what the Twitter rumour-mill is calling a bomb alert. This photo by @EGStaceyM shows the area largely deserted, while @mattrhodes suggests that the source of the alert is the nearby Metro bank, not the station itself. @Chris_Coltrane has had a chat with local police, who say a series of boxes with wires coming out of them were found near some bins. 17.25 update: The package has been cleared, the roads and Tube are open again.

Londonist

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dissident Republicans or Al Qaeda?

Generic Islamic extremists?

Not good, at least they caught it early and it can be dealt with properly.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

source of the alert is the nearby Metro bank

I'll go with dissident Republicans based on that alone. They stated recently they were going to take their campaign against the banking institutions in the UK.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Dissident republicans is the currently rumour flying around.

The devices have been taken away by police.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i don't know if this is related but i'll mention it just incase because it might be more widespread. when i was in nottingham city center uk, i saw a mass of people gathered in an area, they all appeared to be coming from the same place or building, it could of just been a fire drill, but then again it could of been a bomb threat therefore related, i have not heard anything though, but then again i have not listened to the news either.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Apparently, the box was found outside the Metro bank and not Holborn station. According to an eyewitness on the ground.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i don't know if this is related but i'll mention it just incase because it might be more widespread. when i was in nottingham city center uk, i saw a mass of people gathered in an area, they all appeared to be coming from the same place or building, it could of just been a fire drill, but then again it could of been a bomb threat therefore related, i have not heard anything though, but then again i have not listened to the news either.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ouch.. Hopefully its nothing and luckyli it wasent too late

But with all the threats from Al-Qaeda we cant take any chances.

I also read that Al-Qaeda are makeing new ways to make terror. They are sending out information to muslims who want to die as a mature, and now they are helping them. Like one of the ideas was to take a big car (bigger the better) put knifes on it, swords, axe or what ever they want, so that they can run through streets.. on this way they can get many more kills than they could with a bomb.

Its not only bombs we need to take care about...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hmmm, a box with wires, its the same MO as the recent bomb scare we had here in the north east. Maybe theyre testing response times etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I hope it was a false alarm; it would be so easy to fake something like that. Not very smart though, causing a short bomb scare isn’t worth having MI5 on your case.

If it wasn't a false alarm, then 'ner ner' terrorists we got yo' bomb!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
from twitter.

TheLondonTube

There is a bomb scare at Holborn tube and near New Oxford St. Stay away people. RT this!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Another one?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
all clear given now

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So more than one location now? The areas have been evaluated in at least a 1 kilometer radiance hopefully. I will be keeping up with this, I hope it wasn't the Republicans starting crap again.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They are not going to purpotrade falseflags anymore, they know we are wary so what do they do?

They make a terrorist threat, defuse the situation no pun intended and then claim a terrorist wanted to bomb something.

1- no trouble covering up the deed

2- nothing happened no body got killed, only people were put in fear

3- They don't need to prove anything, they can just say someone found this and it was a bomb now we make situation clean now we blame that guy right there. finito!

Just like the New York bomber.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It is still cornered off. Bus are running and the tube station is closed.

Still, nothing on the news just eyewitness reports on the ground.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
They are not going to purpotrade falseflags anymore, they know we are wary so what do they do?

They make a terrorist threat, defuse the situation no pun intended and then claim a terrorist wanted to bomb something.

"They" don't care if a few people with zero credibility are wary, and that's still a false-flag.

If that was their intention they would instead slack off on the counter-terror front and allow attacks to happen, and they would happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join