It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is a valid question, because to be honest, I don't understand the flipside of that argument. What does loving someone have to do with having sex with someone else? It sounds noble, and it is politically correct, but the fact is that a very, very high percentage of marriages have infidelity. Does that mean they don't love each other?

Yes, it does mean they don't love each other or that they had a moment of drunken madness, or they were stressed about something but the majority of the time it's an indication they haven't fallen out of love with their partner.

Maybe love and sex are connected because sex is one of the most intimate and personal things in the world and that bond is shared between you and the person you love, it's an exclusive relationship and that makes it all the more special.

I can honestly say that I have loved many women. I have also had sex with many women. The two lists are not mutually exclusive. Many of the women that I have loved were never sexual partners, and many of the women that were sexual partners were the farthest thing from love. Hell, I didn't even like some of them!

Of course there is a difference between sexual partners and a partner you love, but surely when your in love you have the full package, physically attraction, emotional attraction etc

I suppose you and I will never understand one another. I am never jealous. I am supremely confident in my role as a husband, father, and lover. If my wife forgets how good I am, she is welcome to try some other loser and she will quickly be reminded why she married me. I expect the courtesy of honesty if that day ever comes, because I would feel hurt if she chose to do it behind my back. I am attracted to a lot of women, I very rarely act on it, but if I were overwhelmed by an attraction, maybe even an emotion for another women, it would not mean that I don't love my wife, it only means that I also have feelings for someone else.

We probably won't understand each other, but believe me theres more people who would class me as normal and you as abnormal
I don't mean that in an offensive way but it's true...

Anyway super stud, there's always someone out there better than you, your over confidence could suggest your masking some sort of insecurity, I don't know...

Of course you can have feelings for more than one woman but it's not possible to love more than one person, I don't believe anyone who says that....

Why is that hard to understand? Don't you love your mother AND your father? Brother AND Sister? Why not wife AND girlfriend!!

The love between me and my mother/father/brother is a completely different type of love than that of what I have with my girlfriend, even you must appreciate that...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
...christian husbands have long been forcing their wives into sexual submission... it used to be very common for fully matured christian males to take barely matured females as their wives or concubines (whores)... lots of them justified their behavior with scriptures from the bible and lots of them still do (even the females) - but - we're not supposed to notice or mention or talk about that reality, huh?...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...christian husbands have long been forcing their wives into sexual submission... it used to be very common for fully matured christian males to take barely matured females as their wives or concubines (whores)... lots of them justified their behavior with scriptures from the bible and lots of them still do (even the females) - but - we're not supposed to notice or mention or talk about that reality, huh?...

We could go back and forth all day... What's the point in asking your question when you know full well Jesus and Muhammed were at two opposite ends of the spectrum. One married 10 + women ages 9 on up, took myriad concubines, and led the equivalent of a very rich and powerful warlord. The other didn't. The thing you should be asking is why anyone would buy into faith(s) lacking a moral high-ground. How versed are you with the hadiths? Try cramming those some place the sun don't shine, and you'll get a sense of how women have been violated in our society. Remember, this is an issue of letting rape victims continue in pain while perpetrators remain free of prosecution.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

it used to be very common for fully matured christian males to take barely matured females as their wives or concubines
The difference here would be that Sharia law isn't "used to be common".

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
So then it must not be possible for a wife to rape her husband? (read: sodomy) If the woman wants it, then the husband has to lay there and take it. Rules are rules, after all

LOL! Love it, love it, brilliant idea.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

it used to be very common for fully matured christian males to take barely matured females as their wives

Uh, have you noticed it's the 21st century now? That kind of thing has been illegal for quite some time.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by Alora
So then it must not be possible for a wife to rape her husband? (read: sodomy) If the woman wants it, then the husband has to lay there and take it. Rules are rules, after all

LOL! Love it, love it, brilliant idea.

You sound kinky

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

We probably won't understand each other, but believe me theres more people who would class me as normal and you as abnormal I don't mean that in an offensive way but it's true...

It's true, because the hypocrites are dishonest. The same ones that would "agree" with you are also getting divorced right and left over infidelity issues. Sure, they would agree with your view and criticize mine, and all the while they would be talking about the cute young secretary or babysitter and watching Miss America for the interviews and reading Playboy for the jokes. Sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

lol. Actually in this case, a better word might be vindictive.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Question:

If you are out drinking with your wife and on the way home she says she wants to have sex. You get undressed and get in bed and start making out and then she passes out from the alcohol before you’re “done”. Is it marriage rape to um…ya know… finish?

I’m asking for a friend… really!

lol

edit on 14-10-2010 by JonInMichigan because: (Leave it to me to bring the hard questions to the table.)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

This is what happens when you follow too closely to a primitive religion that is belittling to women. Reminds me of that Bible verse claiming that rape victims should marry their attackers. In this day and age no one should be holding this twisted a point of view.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

anytime you force yourself agianst a womans will ITS RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

some people in this world are just freaking stupid.......................but oh since they are married and shes his property he can do whatever he wants..................

man !@#@!#$#$#%$#%%$#%$#%^$#$#%$%#$#%%$%$#%$#%^$#%$#!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

I'd probably "finish" on a part of her body and laugh in the morning when she asked why her chest felt sticky, but thats just me, any more info and I reckon I'd be breaking T&C's

link   

Originally posted by neo96

ITS RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much sums up the thread!

link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

lol. Actually in this case, a better word might be vindictive.

Haha, fair play

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

UM JUST SAYEN THE CLERIC has RAPIST tendicies. Its her body if she dont wanna share it then its a done deal from there on.

edit on 10/14/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Funny where the fine line is huh?

My "friend's" wife would have wanted him to get the job done... but according to the definitions here, I think he would be shunned for such behavior!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Of course in the scenario you described, consent had already been given so I don't think many legal issues would be encountered although there maybe a case to determine whether the consent given was through a clear, logical mind as opposed to a drunken disaster but considering the two are man and wife I don't think there would be a problem.

Good scenario though, the lines are clearly blurred.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Smh @ some really getting married for the sake of some inhouse IT AINT THAT EASY. These womens got serious emotion factors and you gotta upkeep they pretty lil mindstates to get what you want. Stimulate her HOW EVER YOU CAN

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Always with the muslim’s..

Controversial pastor Cedric Moss has vocally opposed the legislation claiming the amendment would create a "society of rapists." Citing the "word of God", Mr Moss argued that rape cannot be committed in marriage because the couple gave each other authority over the other's body and agreed to open-ended sexual consent in the marriage contract.

www.tribune242.com...

According to this bio, Cedric ‘graduated’ from Soveriegn Grace ministries in 2008, so you would think he would be up to date with Islamist, er, I mean Christian, fundamentalist thinking.

Which fits nicely with Pat Robertson’s assertion that:

I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."
politicalhumor.about.com...

Speaking of Pat, and if by a mans friends shall we know him, brings us to someone who often contributes to his ‘news network’: Conservative political activist Phyllis Schlafly, who more than once has asserted:

Social conservative women believe in a strict division of gender roles as decreed by the scriptures. Gender is envisioned as a hierarchal ordering with God and Christ at the top, followed by men, and then women

And she would later remark:

By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join