It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass insanity on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I enjoy reading about predictions. It is amusing and entertaining. To have an open mind is to listen to what others have to say, You shouldn't believe everything you are being told. But you should keep one eye open always.

There will be a lot of crying wolves. But don't let it take your guard down. Be selective and keep your guard up.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by tim3lord

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by tim3lord

Got anything good to say about this site or is it all 'doomy-gloomy' for you these days?

I'm still VERY interested in what 'the masses' bring to the table, whether it's Dino Rodeos or visions of the destruction of NYC.

im just calling it how i see it. and by the looks of things im not the only one. granted its just an opinion and as another poster said why dont i research a topic myself. well i work and today is my day off so i might well just do that. but for the most part i dont have time. i do appreciate the effort most posters put into the research but it seems nobody is doing that anymore. its all copy and paste of youtube links. links to links. my contention is that the quality has gone down here but the quantity has gone up. not necessarily a bad thing but not a good thing either. well its a bad thing from my perspective but thats just me.

Just trying to view this from the other side a bit here.

The problem is that if topics that were on the wacky side of things true or false were to be categorised, they would mostly fall under BTS which would leave ATS very bare. Even at that, the stories and theories of the past were for their time, out of the norm.

I think if this site grows it will go through times where a lot are feeling disillusioned but if the original members stay, it will reach a level of standard where a topic can be discussed once again. In any community that goes through a change there will always be disagreements but with a rapidly growing it will be more violent. Exactly the same as moving in with a new wife

Shes here to stay folks, I think and only posting will change that if you hear me.
edit on 13-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

i think your right in the fact that she is indeed here to stay. but if she is going to stay might as well make her do some chores. do the dishes maybe some laundry instead of sitting on the couch all day eating takeaway and watching jerry springer. get her to do something constructive.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But thats just it, you hit the nail on the head.

Im obviously not talking about woman in case I get some anti sexism female warrior type hunting me down here. Im talking about keeping places with each other, it shapes posts and topics.

Just like your mentioning.

The beauty of this site is that knowledge breeds an ignorance of understanding, thats why every member has the part to play if that makes sense because there is knowledge buried in the sand of threads on the site.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

im just calling it how i see it. and by the looks of things im not the only one. granted its just an opinion and as another poster said why dont i research a topic myself. well i work and today is my day off so i might well just do that. but for the most part i dont have time.

I understand that and it should be acknowledged that most of us members are working harder and longer to keep a roof over our collective heads and putting food on the table for our families. Times are tough. However, I did see over 700 members logged in today, so, considering all that RL distraction, people still like coming here and getting involved.

Kudos to those who do put some effort into their posts, but we really can't expect everyone to be so dilligent. I know construction a really informative post as an OP can be very time-consuming and many just don't have it available. As a result, most just post an opinion and leave it at that. I'm glad to see them as well... almost like voting. I wish more people would vote.

i do appreciate the effort most posters put into the research but it seems nobody is doing that anymore. its all copy and paste of youtube links. links to links. my contention is that the quality has gone down here but the quantity has gone up. not necessarily a bad thing but not a good thing either. well its a bad thing from my perspective but thats just me.

I wouldn't say NOBODY does that anymore. They're just getting buried by the sheer volume of threads being authored.

How about looking through the One Year summary for good threads to follow up on? The Recent Posts page is like a roller coaster in comparison.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

might look into it. thanks for the heads up

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Its quite funny to see this thread actually about the topics etc.

I was having a conversation with a colleague at work today who asked me "why the heck should we pay taxes on our hard earned cash?"

I replied "Dont you find it rather strange that money is a promise for a government to pay for a service (your time you give at work) yet we must give them some of the promises they make back to them for us having to work?"

The reply I got was rather strange after the twitch of the eye and blank stare that seemed like an eternity...

"Yeah that is weird, by the way I need a new pair of shoes for the weekend."

Seems to sum up life for most and you should feel blessed that your even asking a question in a thread, you just might have more than one brain cell chief

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Indeed it has dropped.

We've gone from people like Phage to people who are probably still crawling out of the dark ages.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

yeah most people acknowledge that there is a problem but on a deeper level they feel they are powerless to do anything about it and so decide to throw in with the rest of the majority. its like people know and accept that the government is corrupt and that politicians are crooks but do nothing about it. apathy is out of control in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord and all fluffy peoples

"Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
This will help things turn out for the best

Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly, chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

So, always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a counterfeit and when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's the joke, it's true
You see, it's all a show, keep them laughing as you go
Just remember the last laugh is on you

And always look on the right side of life
And always look on the right side of life"
- MP

There, any more grumpy bears and I'm quoting Bobby McFerrin!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

dont get me wrong we need creativity to grow and evolve as a race but we need a series of checks and balances too. balance must be maintained at all costs.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

its like people know and accept that the government is corrupt and that politicians are crooks but do nothing about it. apathy is out of control in my opinion.

Now THAT I agree with totally.

Apathy is a disease that spreads like the flu and the only cure is a swift kick in collective butts.

If apathy runs rampant throughout a society, then it's going to show up in a site like this. Maybe that's why I'm hoping for societies other than the west to come in here and shake up all that stale ideology.
edit on 13/10/10 by masqua because: grammar

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

yeah every now and then i forget that life is too short. but dammit you cant blame a guy for wanting a bit of reason now and then. as i have stated before im all for flights of fancy but lets try to maintain a balance.

edit to add.

could you link me to current research that proves this
i kid i kid
edit on 13-10-2010 by tim3lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nice post, OP.

I too have noticed an exponential increase in the amount of BS on here lately.

When a REAL thread gets started (such as one about David Kelly's "suicide" which is NEEDED to be discussed) they generally get ignored due to all the BS posts out there, and because people in general don't know about these subjects as they haven't seen them in the MSM, which is generally the idea of ATS in the first place.

ATS needs to go back to being a conspiracy site, nothing else. Not a discussion or a bashing site, but a conspiracy site.

Moderators, please take note.

We need good solid threads with good solid links, and posts backed up by evidence, not rants or opinion.

ATS needs to get back to what ATS was originally all about.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I find it very odd that members of ATS are willing to dismiss information now a days based on personal opinions alone.

Fox

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

its like people know and accept that the government is corrupt and that politicians are crooks but do nothing about it. apathy is out of control in my opinion.

Now THAT I agree with totally.

Apathy is a disease that spreads like the flu and the only cure is a swift kick in collective butts.

If apathy runs rampant throughout a society, then it's going to show up in a site like this. Maybe that's why I'm hoping for societies other than the west to come in here and shake up all that stale ideology.
edit on 13/10/10 by masqua because: grammar

i think the inherent problem lies with humans and our insecurities. regardless of what society is in power i think if the core group in charge of the direction of the masses has character flaws then the power they wield will corrupt them. humans as we currently exists are weak and have a very short memory. its amazing how quickly people forget what it was like to be stupid when there smart or forget what it was like to be poor when their rich. not all just most. and unfortunately the people we need to lead us dont want to lead anybody and the people who want to lead us should not be left alone with sharp objects unsupervised.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Its the elephant in the room that everyone ignores

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kirill
I think it would help if they raised the age limit on here.

... there are people on here in their 60's 70's and 80's who should know better but still perpetuate illogical thinking. in fact i find that older people are harder to convince they are wrong. they seem to think that the fact that they have avoided death fo so long affords them some respect. just for clarification im 33. so no spring chicken myself. but i dont think putting age restrictions on a site based on truth and knowledge will help its credibility. having said that the younger generation really isnt doing itself any favors.

Matter of choice, sonny...(under 60 myself)...those that are OLDER have had to live the amount of time they have to gain their EXPERIENCE, AND WISDOM. There are very few under the age of 45, one could observe to have wisdom and experience.

An age limit might be a consideration around here, as an adult would attempt to treat others with out being necessarily treating others with the attitudes that seem so rampant around here lately.

BTW, the part of your post I put in bold letters lets me know that you have no idea what it means to be something else that comes with age, RESPECTFUL and TOLERANT. Everyone has the right to voice what they wish, and NO ONE has the right to think their thoughts and ideas need changed.

You do your thing, the other guy does his...we learn to deal.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Mass insanity on ATS?

Hardly...
More akin to Eb meeting Flow, IMO.

In my experience it happens on a near annual or at least semi-annual basis ... sometimes even more so.

SHTF, NWO, Teh alienZ, Disclosure, Masonic and/or Illuminati Takeover ... you name it.

... often times seeming to correlate with this phenomena .

tides come in, tides go out, trends, even ...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Its the elephant in the room that everyone ignores

jesus not too much Illuminati symbology in that cartoon. i heard walt disney was a high ranking free mason but i didnt think he incorporated so much in his cartoons.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Originally posted by Kirill
I think it would help if they raised the age limit on here.

... there are people on here in their 60's 70's and 80's who should know better but still perpetuate illogical thinking. in fact i find that older people are harder to convince they are wrong. they seem to think that the fact that they have avoided death fo so long affords them some respect. just for clarification im 33. so no spring chicken myself. but i dont think putting age restrictions on a site based on truth and knowledge will help its credibility. having said that the younger generation really isnt doing itself any favors.

Matter of choice, sonny...(under 60 myself)...those that are OLDER have had to live the amount of time they have to gain their EXPERIENCE, AND WISDOM. There are very few under the age of 45, one could observe to have wisdom and experience.

An age limit might be a consideration around here, as an adult would attempt to treat others with out being necessarily treating others with the attitudes that seem so rampant around here lately.

BTW, the part of your post I put in bold letters lets me know that you have no idea what it means to be something else that comes with age, RESPECTFUL and TOLERANT. Everyone has the right to voice what they wish, and NO ONE has the right to think their thoughts and ideas need changed.

You do your thing, the other guy does his...we learn to deal.

Sorry but thats your OPINION!!!!!

My OPINION!! is that respect is earned not given. just because someone was lucky enough in their day to day lives to avoid death for whatever reason doesn't automatically make them in MY OPINION!!!!!!! wise or intelligent. You put a person in a padded cell for 50 years feed them and look after them but give them no stimulation or potential for growth and see how WISE they are after those 50 years. same can be said for the sheep that live their day to day lives running the rat race never questioning the status quo. you think these people wise or intelligent. there are 13 year old that ask hard hitting questions than 31 year old's. my point was creating an age restriction is alike saying only white people should post on here because all other minorities just cant be civil.

i wasnt taking a stab at old people so dont get your panties in a bunch. i am myself neither young or old probably more old than young. regardless sounds to me like your seeing only what you want to see. good luck with that.

also could you show me some information that proves your point that age guarantees wisdom and tolerance??
edit on 13-10-2010 by tim3lord because: none

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join