It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Towns Evacuated In Hungary As Red Sludge Fears Grow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I was not blaming the American people, but the American media. Hope that clears my remark up.

Why dosn't everyone continue the discussion on the existing thread? It is allready in its third page, it dosn't make sense to have both covering the exact same material. Sorry OP for detracting from this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I apologize for being to premature in my opinion. I guess if the MSM wouldn't have paid much attention to it in my country, I probably wouldn't realize how bad the situation is, either.

No, your opinion of Americans not realizing how bad the situation is is correct. I was simply saying that there are some of us who do care and do realize. That's all I meant by not putting us all in the same boat. We're not all stupid; most, but not all.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have been following this since beginning, and I am an American. I understand how bad this is. I read in one news report that the amount of sludge that spilled out was almost as much as the gulf oil spill. If the barrier breaks, this will make the oil spill look like nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

dude....this was not posted 2 days ago

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferumbra2
Please share more information about this disaster. As i read from newspaper, this is worse disaster than oil spill. Only little less amounts of this red sludge was spilled than in Gulf oil spill. In gulf we had oil spill, but this red sludge is full of toxic metals and is far worse than oil.

When I heard this soundbyte (that the volume of red sludge=volume of spilled oil), I immediately thought BS!

It's a way for BP to lock our perceptions in to the number provided here, a joke. Remember~the well in the gulf was sealed as if it's a haunted house or something occult, precisely because BP cannot suffer to have the pressure gaged, which is only possible if they had placed a working valve system on the reservoir of the abiotic oil. Once the pressure is known, a working estimate of the true spillage can be calculated. Instead, they will simply move a few miles away and drill back in to the same reservoir. I just can't believe how these corporations seem to be in the same bed together. Also, I wonder what the nwo picked up, in conversation, that caused them to unleash this wrath.

Remember also that...corporations are limited, by law, to punitive damages on a per day basis, no matter how large the catastrophe. I had heard the maximum dollar figure, when hearing about deepwater, though the exact figure eludes me. It may have been '25 million' per day, maximum corporate liability. Clearly a corporation can cause much more damage than this, especially so when the corporation is large, reckless, and potentially volatile, especially since MONEY DOES NOT solve every problem. These corporate evolutions, or rather, carnivorous, lunar activities, are usually kept in check in a Kafkaesque manner, secretly, behind the scenes, ie., will monsanto's greed EVER be recognized even as a problem, let alone as a disaster? Is corporate growth predetermined in backroom court sessions wherein lawyers, politicians, and artists take turns twisting each other's nipples? Hell, monsanto is going to make it so that we utterly depend on their twisted foodstuffs. They are aiming for the belly, at last. What better way to punish the proles than by corporate sabotage?

In the present situation, involving the red sludge, I see it as quite odd that the lands deriving their food and water from this tragedy also happen to always be in rebellion to tptb. This is a huge chunk of the 'Risk' game board that has been poisoned, just like the Gulf was hit. So in amends, we have BP slinging millions at TV ads, paying lip service, when we ought to be hearing their words from courtrooms. Instead, we essentially fund these ads by shelling out for high pump prices, while oil companies struggle to contain the pressures from their finds, spilling it all over the place, if only to cover each other's tracks. Who knows what the corporate heads responsible for the sludge mistake will utter? That it's OK to eat and breathe arsenic? That they could not forsee it ever happening?

Is this something we are collectively imagining in 'the matrix'? It's like the freakin' blob in real life. A huge vat of poison, walled in, under pressure, in one vessel, not separated in to smaller units in case of anything unexpected, just let loose, just like that. Imagine the fun they'll have when nukes start launching because of some virus? Or when nuclear plants start getting hit with it? Notice how any thread about Thorium instantly vanishes? There's no interest in it, I suspect, not because it is not viable, but rather because everyone instinctively realizes that the technology will not be allowed. It is too good. It is TOO clean. It is simply not pregnant with impending doom, so it will not be launched. This thread opens my eyes to the vast realm of sabotage. It could happen anywhere, anytime, until, before we even know it, we're drinking poison, everywhere on earth. Why are these potential disasters welcomed but anything clean or natural or safe is strangled like the 100 mpg carburetor? I can't get my arms around a vat containing such a large amount of toxins being allowed to have existed, in the first place. It is much more difficult to imagine the scope of what this spill means!
edit on 9-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: corporate liability

edit on 9-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: punct.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
the American media is not reporting this as a priority because it may not be on the current "agenda".

U.S. media is focused on upcoming elections and current housing "crisis".

UNLESS ...

the banks are involved? if so, we will see media soon!

by the way, who IS involved in the Hungarian spill?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"Beware of the blob,
it creeps it leaps,
it slides it glides,
across the wall,
right through the door,
and all around the floor,
a splotch a blotch,
be careful of the blob..."

Starring Steve McQueen 1957

I was in tenth grade

ahhh memories.

tt

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this reservoir of poison was situated atop a hill...something is wrong with the demographics. Ideally, such a risky storage container would simply flood an area which would be naturally confined by geography.

It couldn't hurt to look in to the history of this 'corporation'. And it's waste container.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

We are a destructive species to this planet. This disaster is a good example of why.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So, what this blob is just devouring everything in it's path? How did they stop the blod that ate everything in Goosebumps again?

Kidding aside, this is the first I've heard of it. Was a company producing the stuff and they ditched it? Did it just get dropped by some government(on purpose) so someone can be a hero? or even worse was it done so we would have just one more thing to worry about?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

This is not BS, I wish it was.
There are 3 of this reservoirs in Europe... like I mentioned in the other thread, they keep the toxic waste stored for reproduction in cleaning products, the one we all use every day. If the dam breaches further an amount of 500 million liters will flow out and authorities have said that it will breach within the next 2 days.

This has nothing to do with the bp oil spill

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
s&f

OMG! What a disaster this is! Look at that stuff. Makes me cringe!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The spill is a 100ish miles from where I live.
We have switched entirely to bottled water, used to use mostly bottled water to drink but tap for cooking - no more of that for a while.
So far little wind here but we are certainly keeping an eye on that factor if the wind starts blowing from that direction.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Im Hungarian and i have been hearing about this story... They say till the sludge gets to Romania it wont be that bad... Anyway the bad thing is that there are more of these reservoirs in Romania and Hungary and maybe Austria, and no one know how long they can hold up. Its not a BIG disaster but still a disaster.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Is this the chemical related disaster in Europe Baba Vanga predicted?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

by the way, who IS involved in the Hungarian spill?

The reservoir is owned by the MAL Zrt (Hungarian Aluminium Manufacturing and Trading Company), but the interesting thing is, that the current government said just 1 day after the catasthrophe, when nobody even knew what has really happened, that this has been caused by human neglegance and they will bring the "perpetrators" to justice.

Yesterday the prime minister, Viktor Orban said, the company has to resume operations, because too many people would loose their job, but this cannot be done by the current management, dispite ongoing investigations. They also made connections of the management and the previous prime minister Ferenc Gyurcsany. They turn this disaster to a political fight, and a corporate takeover.

Right now the best is to wait for the state's and the company's investigations to finish. I'm wondering who they gonna blame, because some say this has been made on the purpose.

There's always more than meets the eye.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes it was... in the thread that I have made reference too twice now, for no reason it seems because people are still carrying on with this one.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Picture galleries of the flooded towns and the reservoir at these links:

Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4, Link5, Link6, Link7, Link8, Link9

Satellite pictures after and before the flood.

The reservoir.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The reason this is not a top-story on ATS, is because it happens outside the US and therefore, isn't considered important enough by the majority of (American) members.

I was thinking that very same thing. Sad, but true. So many people do not pay any attention unless it is in their own backyard. One day they will realize, that what happens on the other side of the world will indeed, affect their own back yards. The winds will eventually sweep pollution globally, though I imagine those closest to it will suffer the most. Consider also the health repercussions of those exposed; when their immune systems are compromised it leaves them vulnerable to illness. When they travel, those illnesses will spread. What happens to one, happens to us all.

Ontopic: We can only hope for the best. As soon as the soil dries and the wind starts to pick up, there is a very serious risk for many, many people. The 'red mud' contains a high concentration of heavy metals and its obvious what happens if people inhale them. I also hope that they are able to prevent the mud from flowing into the Danube any further...

Corporations should be held responsible for the damage they do. We have expert technology and this could be prevented. It's all about cutting corners, maximum profit, and no real concern for the "expendable" human work force. Just like USA, it is a contaminated society that makes commerce of each other and loses their humanity by doing so.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I suppose profits does play a role, but I am curious how much would you be willing to pay for aluminum ...soda cans and the like so that better, more expensive technologies could be used to extract it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join