It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Soft Disclosure" isn't happening... or if it is most people are oblivious to it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont want to be a kill joy to all those who believe some sort of "soft" disclosure is in the process, but sitting in my office today it suddenly occured to me:

Not one single person in my office is aware of any of the topics many of the people on here are discussing... i.e. Meetings to discuss ET life, a random person no-one has ever heard of being chosen as "1st contact", the chinese UFO's shutting down airports etc etc.

I then thought about my close friends, wife and family... do any of them suddenly seem interested or more interested in Alien Life... nope! Would any of them know about the topics I listed above... nope!

Most people are still going about their lives worrying about their own existance to really care about the possibilities of alien life.

Take a look around you... how many of the people you see are more aware of the possibility of alien life then this time last year? How many of them are aware of the recent stories creeping in to the MMM?

I for one would love nothing more than full disclosure, but for those saying "it will come soon" I just dont see it.

Please feel free to correct me though if your experiences are different.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I disagree. I quick search of youtube and the latest conference on air force nukes reveals tens of thousands of views on a variety of vids just a week old. I doubt there will ever be a disclosure bomb dropped.

Who was it Luther King or Garvey that said "History is not realized when you're living through it"

Rest assured this information is on an iv drip and probably has plenty of human conditioning psychology behind it.

If you want to hide something put it out in the open.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
I disagree. I quick search of youtube and the latest conference on air force nukes reveals tens of thousands of views on a variety of vids just a week old. I doubt there will ever be a disclosure bomb dropped.

Who was it Luther King or Garvey that said "History is not realized when you're living through it"

Rest assured this information is on an iv drip and probably has plenty of human conditioning psychology behind it.

If you want to hide something put it out in the open.

The problem is though that how many of these people who went on youtube were interested in the subject to start with? Certainly no-one I know has been logging on to view that video... however plenty of people already on sites like this have been.

These videos seem to serve those of us already with a large interest in the subject, not those out of tune with the whole concept of alien life. I can guarantee that if I did a survey of everyone I know not one single person would know what I was referring to with regards these youtube videos... however mention the "Hitchcock Cat" or "McDoanlds Rap" and it'd be a different story

Edited for spelling
edit on 7-10-2010 by ajax_andy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
You got it like me OP. NONE of my friends, family, co-workers or anyone gives a damn thing about UFO's and aliens. They even dont know all the new things! I dont think many people know it, UNless they are interested in UFO/aliens.

It seems like people really dont give a damn about it. And here I dont mean 5-6 people. Atleast 100. I'm beginning to get sick and tired of people who dont give a damn about it, and still think they can DISMISS IT as they all does. I have tried to give them a look, on all the material there is. But I feel like some NUT when I try to tell them a little bit about it.. I have now stopped, I dont talk about it anymore to friends/family.
edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: Typo

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ajax_andy

I agree. Despite all the exciting news (to a lot of us on here anyway) , I don't feel like disclosure is imminent, and have never felt that way before. Something that huge would be bound to attract attention even from the average joe if it was anywhere in the pipeline. I would love so much (I think lol) to see something major like that happen, but I'm just not feeling it!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Deprogramming the general public and having them accept this as "real" is probably never going to happen; at least not before it's too late. Basically you are asking your colleagues (who generally go home, feed their offspring, watch football and only care about their next vacation) to throw everything they've ever understood and lived by into the trash. What do they have then for mental stability? NOTHING.

I feel that 90% of the population of western society still won't believe it when ET is standing in-front of them shooting lasers at stuff and babbling some incoherent instructions while waving tentacles in their faces.

As a race we've been taken so low in terms of dumbing our intuition and senses that we're probably more concerned about why Gamu never got to the final of x-factor than we are interested in aliens arriving.

If the visitors turn out to be hostile, any of us that think "we know" should pre-arrange meeting points in each country so we can escape the implosion of society when it shuts down

Sad but true.

edit on 7-10-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Exactly guys! Whilst i've managed to educate my Wife a little bit on the prospects of alien life she isn't really bothered one way or another, she doesn't dismiss my thoughts but to her there are more important things out there like work, life, her ill dad etc... and its the same with most people.

So the recent news is interesting for us, but we are only aware of it because we look for it... to most people news about aliens etc is just very irrelavent to their every day existance.

If people are being drip fed for disclosure then they really need to open the valve a bit more as the drops are missing pretty much everyone!

Oh thanks for those who have given me flags... its the 1st thread i've started on here so it's much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think governments are just disclosing stuff without stressing too much on them.
The strategy ?
Imagine if they were to disclose everything, people would be like : "they've been hiding all this for years omg we don't trust them anymore".
Meanwhile, if they do that this way, they will be able to tell : "look, we disclosed things, you just did not pay attention to them."

But I agree with you OP, I don't see any real big disclosure coming for the coming monthes. I guess it will happen in our living time, but when, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

I'm beginning to doubt whether any government has anything sensational to disclose regarding UFOs any more. The more I have to wait and ask why it hasn't happened already throughout the years the more I find myself reluctantly floating towards the conclusion that it's probably because they don't have anything to disclose, not anything like we expect anyway. I think it's a little too late for them to worry about losing the general public's trust!

Another thing that makes me question the reality of a government cover up is the possibility of pulling off said cover up this successfully for decades. Since when has government been that successful at ANYTHING (couldn't even cover up Clinton's affair for goodness sake), not to mention it would require the utmost cooperation from the extra-terrestrials, too -- can't fathom why they would, especially if they're that far ahead of us in technological advances. It would be like going to the zoo and playing with monkeys for them, there's no way they will take us seriously, let alone agree with any requests our governments ask of them. I mean surely they'd have to be smarter than that!

Sigh, I've gone from being a believer, to wanting to be a believer, to be something of a skeptic i suppose, although i still do very much want to believe. The recent media attention to UFOs has tickled me a little but when I look around and see nothing's really changed in "the real world", it makes me feel like all of it is just wishful thinking.

I feel if any disclosure were to come, it would be from THEM, and the government would not know much more about it than anyone else.
edit on 7-10-2010 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
Deprogramming the general public and having them accept this as "real" is probably never going to happen; at least not before it's too late. Basically you are asking your colleagues (who generally go home, feed their offspring, watch football and only care about their next vacation) to throw everything they've ever understood and lived by into the trash. What do they have then for mental stability? NOTHING.

I feel that 90% of the population of western society still won't believe it when ET is standing in-front of them shooting lasers at stuff and babbling some incoherent instructions while waving tentacles in their faces.

As a race we've been taken so low in terms of dumbing our intuition and senses that we're probably more concerned about why Gamu never got to the final of x-factor than we are interested in aliens arriving.

If the visitors turn out to be hostile, any of us that think "we know" should pre-arrange meeting points in each country so we can escape the implosion of society when it shuts down

Sad but true.

Lol the gamu thing is so true man, i can so relate to this dude right here haha

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There could be a gradual disclosure process going on, and most people not aware of it . . . yet. The fact that those already interested in the subject should notice it first is unsurprising to me. As the volume is turned up, more and more people will take notice. Extraterrestrials probably are, in a sense, cooperating with the governments in the cover up, if only because this prevents the facts of their presence at Earth from all coming out too suddenly, and so having a seriously disruptive effect on Earth society. Ross
edit on 7-10-2010 by Ross 54 because: improved word choice

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
the problem is with any kind of disclosure is the fact that those that "know"
(us) frequent sites like this and doubt anything that our governments tell us. The masses will believe what they're told, so fast-forward to the weeks after disclosure and we'll all be on here discussing the fact that aliens are government agents in suits and their motherships are holograms projected into the sky by HAARP.

Sometimes, I see the benefit of being a drone

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

That's the thing...like my thoughts, yours too are just speculations on the nature of said ETs...there's nothing apart from speculation to suggest they would care about the fabric of human society. I'm sure there's plenty of monkeys out there that don't know humans exist, but when we want to study them I don't see us taking extreme measures to protect their society from that fact, or walking up to the head monkey and striking up a deal that will benefit us both, assuming we know who the head monkey is to begin with. Of course this is all assuming ETs are like us which would be speculation again. But beyond speculation the FACT is the disclosure we seek hasn't happened yet. Why that is comes down to what you choose to believe. And all things considered, government deals with ETs seems a lot more far-fetched than ETs not being here at all.
edit on 7-10-2010 by namine because: blondness

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
By 'cooperation' I didn't mean an actual deal or negotiation between extraterrestrials and governments, merely that ETs might find it expedient to allow the governments' secrecy to continue for a time, by not making their presence entirely obvious, all at once. There has been an apparent extraterrestrial presence at this planet for decades, at least, yet they have not simply stormed in for their own purposes, disrupting our societies. That seems to indicate the possibility of some degree of sensitivity to our welfare. Instead, they appear in the manner of presentations, repeatedly, for decades, suggesting an effort to gradually familiarize us with their presence. I think it no coincidence that even our own primatologists, like Dian Fosey, and Jane Goodall have understood that it works out best that they approach Gorillas or Chimpanzees slowly, allowing themselves to be seen at a distance before moving a bit closer, then a little closer, and so on, until they're in the midst of the group, and accepted. Ross

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

OK, when you put it like that it makes a little more sense. I believe ETs are definitely out there, I believe they could possibly be visiting us, but if they are, I can't see how they would be working hand in hand with the government.Any disclosure wouldn't be up to the MSM or the world's governments. All the gov could say is "we don't know what those odd balls of light are" and that would probably be the truth. If the ETs are coming, I wish they would come down here and say it already. I wanna hear straight from the camel's mouth. I feel it will be the only way we get real disclosure.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The governments may not know a great deal more than the interested public does about UFOs. They probably do know enough, at least, to state that UFOs are real, extraterrestrial space craft. That admission alone, from that source, would be very important to many people. From what I am observing, disclosure appears to be an idea whose time has come. I don't suppose that all that we hear is part of an organized government or media plan of disclosure, probably just some people picking up clues, looking for and finding other hints,talking about it, thinking about it. The embargo on the facts of the extraterrestrial presence at Earth is a fairly 'leaky' one. When leaks continue they often become bigger leaks, eroding the dam of secrecy, which can only be expected to hold out for so long. When we've heard enough to be reasonable well prepared, I expect extraterrestrials will reveal themselves Ross
edit on 7-10-2010 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2010 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Soft disclosure feels like we at ATS are taking things and blowing them out of proportion. Maybe it's happening, the recent influx in news, along with less mockery from the MSM has us all giddy with anticipation. But it remains the same in the wider world. People are blissful in their ignorance it seems. I think we need a mass sighting on the evening news complete with shoddily shot video, then it'll become a water cooler topic.

Soft disclosure huh? I agree with the idea that they are trying to trickle the information out. If it's true they are preparing us with subtle conditioning then we're still a few years away. We must prepare ourselves because if this the beginning we're in for a bumpy ride.

TPTB are clever and manipulative. They also seem to subscribe to the 'slow and steady wins the race' style mentality, using kid gloves and dumbing down all of our information. Our own problems telling the laymen stem from their manipulation, frustrating to say the least.

I say we all kick back with smug smiles and stop saying anything, till the people bring it to us. Imagine the day real disclosure hits...let's hope the 'muggles' don't embrace the urge to panic and riot, humanity has the chance to take it's next step with class.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee

any of us that think "we know" should pre-arrange meeting points in each country so we can escape the implosion of society when it shuts down

THAT is actually a pretty good idea whether it be collapse from aliens or any of the other things that have been described lately.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The OP is right. "Soft disclosure" isn't happening any time soon. But perhaps we need to define what exactly disclosure is...?

Disclosure is happening all around us. It is just very slow. It may take several generations of people to make headway into disclosure.

It is not something that instantly takes hold or "sinks in." Some people just can't accept that they are not the focal point of the universe. They never will. Even if an alien vehicle landed in their backyard.

That is why people die and are replaced with new people with fresh perspectives and different experiences (causing them to believe different things than their ancestors). Once this process happens enough, the majority of people will believe that "UFOs are likely ET."

Disclosure has nothing to do with the military or aliens disclosing anything. Disclosure is the gradual awakening of our minds. That process cannot be "forced" on people. It can take hundreds, even thousands of years. Perhaps even millions. If ET's have been here since the dawn of man, then they have been waiting for millions of years for "disclosure."

Now I hope we can stop these silly threads on disclosure. We just had former military officers attest to UFOs disabling our ICBM (nuclear) missiles and most poeple didn't even notice. On the other hand, ATS' quick rise in popularity over the last decade gives us hope that our culture and mindset is changing rapidly. Keep in mind that our own "technical civilization" has only been around for a few hundred years. People didn't even start flying till a little over 100 years ago. How could people even begin to understand the UFO if they didn't even have a concept of flight till recently? They simply couldn't. Period.

To summarize:

1) Disclosure is happpening as I type this. Just like evolution. It's just slow enough that we tend to not notice and therefore get impatient.
2) Historically speaking Aristotle began to change minds about flat earth around 330 BC. It wasn't till the 5th Century (the beginning of the middle ages) that spherical earth was predominantly accepted in our civilization. That is 800 years of "disclosure."

edit on 7-10-2010 by Scramjet76 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ha Ha, and THAT is the reason why I am on ATS! None of my friends or family are discussing aliens or alien disclosure. I am so thankful for ATS, and the fact that we can discuss these things, and also, that others are interested in this topic! I always like to talk about the paranormal, also! I have always been so psychic, and no one understood the things that I saw in the future.

I always wondered if there was life on other planets, and I always loved to watch "Star Trek"! I really wish they would send that little Rover thingy to Cydonia, around those pyramids and "Face On Mars", and see what is around there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join