It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I feel like no-one': Girl, 12, dies in father's arms from mystery condition after being tormente

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What a horrible horrible tragedy.
Star + Flag to help spread this information.
As a father of a little girl this is truly heart-wrenching to say the least.

Bullying is obviously a very serious problem and kids need to be taught more on why it is simply wrong to ever do or say anything simply to make someone to feel bad for whatever reason they may think they have. We don`t allow God or religion in public schools but I do think that as a society we have a responsibility to each other and we need to perhaps begin classes on morals and ethics.

Maybe if children were taught, and could understand, that when a group singles out someone, it is actually the weakness in each individual that brings the group together to act on similar emotions.

Parents also need to be involved in their child`s life enough, to be sure their child would never participate or even condone such behavior.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by Yissachar1

She was better than all of them that was the problem. Absolutely heart breaking. Can't really say how angry it makes me. In the eyes of the law and the educational system the bullies will not be held accountable for her death, yet anyone with an ounce of sense can see the truth of the matter.

THIS. THIS. THIS!! The @%$^ing bleeding-heart public school system teaches our kids that everyone is equal and nobody is better than anyone else. And she was better than them by an order of magnitude. And the bullies will not be punished because "waaahhh they are victims too waaaahhh".

I have a 12 year old son and he is bullied, sometime physically. I had a conversation with the assistant principle. He told me, point blank, that if my son fights back...you know DEFENDS HIMSELF FROM BEING A PUNCHING BAG...he will receive the same punishment as the ATTACKER. Real fine schools we have. She was a victim of public schools that breed bullies like vermin.

/Q

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thats horrible, i use to get bullied alot too, why? nothing, just because i wouldnt say "stop hanging out with so-in-so, give me your lunch money or smart people shouldnt exist" Its mindless behaviour, why is it there? i honestly have no idea.

But bullies tend to be emotionally compermized, either beaten or abused in thier life causes them to act out so they would feel "tough" but also even though that school says that have a zero tolerance policy, they really dont.

My school would say the same thing to my parents, but really the teachers dont do anything, and if you stick up for yourself, you (the victim) gets in trouble, thats the ONLY time they ever take action, is when you stand up for yourself (my school was like this)

They would litterly take sides with the bully, seeing them as an innocent kid, playing an innocent game, the probelm is the education system, the teachers just dont give a f***, they really dont, all they care about is thier paycheck, they dont care or try to understand the children they are teaching.

Most bullies, tend to pick on the smart kids, those with a brain and a bright future, why? because they know they dont have a future and want to try to make someone else feel like crap and hopfully stop that future from happening, because many bullies just want everyone else to suffer like they do inside.

Its really all about attenion, and they dont get it from the parents or teachers. Plus the education system is made for average to mentally retarded students, not for intellgent ones, they learn the same as everyone else, review after review, even if they memorized it the first time, and with more cutbacks to the education system, we can only execpt more and more flawed attempts at teaching while students become out of control, the degradtion of our species, television is to blame people try to act like thier favorite actor or musican, thus they act stupid, anyone who doesnt act stupid gets picked up called names, even worse, in the latter (jr high and high school) if you dont fall into the "norm" you will be abused, not just mentally but physically, weather it is simple beating or being raped, stupidity is highly out of control and needs to be put down like a wild dog.

This girl did not desevre it, and so many others are suffering as well, even my little sister whom is picked on because she wont behave in thier manner, and shes slightly overweight, and apperntly that is more then enough of a reason for people to hate her, hate, hating because you dont "fit in" because your not "cool"

If you are being bullied remeber, those bullies will GO NOWHERE WITH THIER LIVES, becoming just like thier mothers or fathers, sad to say even children in schools are into drugs, violence and sex, the degradtion of our species, where is the cause of this? many things, and its all intenional. (could be)

WE NEED A BETTER EDUCATION SYSTEM

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

they side WITH the bully, isnt that more f***ed up then anything else? they encourage this behaviour, i remeber when i was a kid i was being bullied same kid everyday from jk to grade 8. He never got in troble once, not once, however one day i had enough and fought back and i got subpended for a week, he didnt.

I went to a catholic school, so personally i wonder if it has anything to do with priests molesting kids, teaching kids to be violent prists diddling kids, WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG IS OUR SOCITEY?

This behaviour is seen as "normal" i think someone is to blame, or many, clearly this is a growing probelm, and very few seem to care while even more fight against those who want to reform the education system, thats right there are thousands of people who want things to stay the same, if not get worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What IF people taught their childern that very single human life was worth more than all of the gold in the world?

That is true. Every human life is worth more than all of the gold in the world. Every single one. Even the ones that think differently than you, or who were born on a different continent than you, or who are less educated than you, or who may have a different skin color than you, or a different language, or a different sex, or a different age.

When you start looking at human beings as people to be loved and cherished and cared for, when everyone does, the world will be a much different place.

As long as you sit their and bicker about having to provide food for aid to someone because they are from a different country, as if they are worth less then you, or you are not obligated to help them, while at the same time, you spend 100 times more on arms to kill other humans, then you are lost. And your children are born into a society that breeds prejudice, and is a ripe ground for bullies that care not for others.

It is all around. It is a product of the society which we live in. Not just in one place, it is everywhere.

Can you imagine if everyone was taught to love? That killing a fellow human was repugnant, that everyone was very precious? That is true wisdom. Worldly-wise man for all of his education, and schooling, has not true wisdom. For that starts with a chaste attitude, a peaceable spirit, and love of their fellow brother. Now if you could teach people that, to love, now that would be something. It is one thing to build a rocket that goes to the moon. But what good is it, if at the same time, you cannot teach the same people to love each other?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I think kids these days are less respectful because its not socially aceptable to discipline kids like it was 20 years ago

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I noticed this year that the schools have a new thing going on in them. My sons school is the local middle school and they have a class every day with a police officer that talks about bullies, and how its wrong. I believe they are trying to stop it in the schools, but what happens after school and before school is a different story, and I believe that bullies are just as bad as any gang. They really need to get rid of them, or end up putting these kids in a detention center for a few days and let them be bullied and see how they like it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
most of those who engage in this sort of behavior are probably learning it from their parents.

the bully might even see detention as an opportunity for escape from them.

...agreed - and - bully parents arent the only ones who rear dysfunctional children... lack of self esteem can also be learned from the parents, just like whining for attention or preferring fantasy to reality are learned attributes...

if somebody punches his face in, he doesn't get to feel the power he craves.

...thats a normal enough conclusion, if you exclude the kids who have parents that beat the crap out of them on a regular basis and then tell them its because they love them...

Being punished several hours later is unlikely to be an effective deterrent when they received immediate gratification from bullying.

...oh, i dont know about that, lol... i've eaten a whole chocolate pie before and the immediate gratification was almost orgasmic - but - the all night upset stomach that came hours later taught me to NEVER EVER do that again...

Schools seem to discourage fighting in self defense, but are all too eager to look the other way when some kids are cruel. I would want my children to know that it's ok to defend themselves and when faced with punishment for it, to look the principal right in the eye and say "No. What I did was right. If you feel you need to give me detention for it, so be it.

But if he does it again, I'll smash his face in again, and you can give me detention for it again. I'm not going to be a victim just to pander to your need to play peacemaker."

...the part that i underlined is inappropriate - because - when you're in trouble, being condescending will not improve your plight and it shows a lack of self-control...

Learning how to not be a victim is a good lesson that serves people even after they're no longer children. There are predators in adult life too.

...another excellent point...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This totally breaks my heart.

Does modern man deserve to live. "Modern society", has no ruth, compassion, tolerance, or acceptance of any person who is not dumb enough to be a part of the ignorance which is modern day society. This girl was tormented for whatever reason, but I would have to guess that she was considered different from the tormentors.

The fish rots from the head down. It is the responsibility of parents, to raise their children with the knowledge, that diversity is what makes the world a great place to live in.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Dying of a broken heart is not unheard of...
I have this friend who works in the medical examiner's office there in Albuquerque...

anyway she tells me it's rather common especially with elderly folks who've been married forever... seems if the wife dies first the odds are rather fight the husband will die soon after....

funny but if their roles are reversed the wife just goes on like it was just another day... go figure...

women are stronger than men generally, and are closer to god than men. despite the fairystory in the new testament.
of course there are exceptions in this increasingly godless age. women are closer to purity whilst men are action oriented with restless minds.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It makes me think of evey psychopath and columbine situation that could of been avoided if anyone actually cared. Look back through time, almost every psychopath or killer was really sculpted by other kids being bullies to them or their parents. I wonder how many times she complaind about being bullied, I wonder will there be any negative consequences to her aggressors, I wonder when people will actively MAN UP? Since, when do little girls even get bullied, I thought that was something that bigger kids did to littler kids?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

"More lives are destroyed than just those that are ended."

Ya and some go on and forget about it, look I don't get what your point is in this...people live and die on a daily bassis, this girl died for a bizarre reason.... It could of been avoided, and it should be avoided.

"What do you propose? I don't think giving them detention like you suggest is likely to be a strong deterrent. That probably happens already. Like I suggested, most of those who engage in this sort of behavior are probably learning it from their parents. The bullies themselves are the victims of predatory behavior from the parents, they learn to feel good about themselves by preying on others, and they manifest that behavior at the school. An hour detention a couple times a week isn't going to be enough to overcome years of training from their parents. And...if the parents really are the problem, the bully might even see detention as an opportunity for escape from them."

Forget that.... what I had in mind for detention would be considered cruel and unusual punishment, not detention. And ya the parents are usually the problem that the kids become like.

"In my experience, this is actually one of the more effective solutions. Too often the advice is given to "just ignore it" or "go to a teacher" but these reactions give a bully exactly what he wants: a feeling of power. If somebody sits there and does nothing while he taunts, clearly he can do whatever he wants. That feels good. If they run away (to a teacher) then he gets to feel powerful for making somebody run from him. Again, this feels good. But if somebody punches his face in, he doesn't get to feel the power he craves. Unfortunately, self-defense of this sort of usually frowned on by the school and generally results in boththe bully and the person standing up for himself being punished."

A punch or kick to the face can solve many problems, especially the bully problem....but judging by the pic of the girl she was not a fighter, and I don't think her bully's were the physical type. So I am guessing its a outcast and making her feel like # thing....In that case and in my experience from observing humans its worser then a physical confrontation, so should be dealt with in a harsher way first you puch them then kick them in the nuts till they pass out.... Sticks and stones may break your bones, but bones and bruises heal in a short time....mental bruises will not go away for years and some will never heal....So it's first the parents duty to teach there kids to just block out the noise of bullies, and if they get physical to teach them to fight back. And second if parents fail to teach there kids manners, its in the school's intrest to stop bullying just by the fact that it puts people in a frame of mind that will get in the way of learning stuff.....So it's there job, so they need to do it....I'f they were do it my way it would make things to quite in schools. And no one would dare step out of line, so I don't think my way would be to beneficial. But yes doing nothing will not work, and only encourages bullying, and smashing them has worked so far that I have seen and done. So it falls to the parents to teach or get involved if necessary.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I found this profoundly moving and heartbreaking..

It seems that this poor wee girl was literally bullied to death and died, literally of a broken heart..

Her father held her as she died in his arms.. Its quite possibly the very worst thing that I can think of . And being a father of two girls myself, I cannot imagine the anguish that dad is going through, and of course the rest of the family.

This quote from one of the comments on this article sums up my feelings nicely;

"Sick to death myself of the low life this country is breeding. That`s what the bullies are. Low life People with no or little intelligence; no empathy; no understanding. A selfish generation of ugliness. We are rearing scoungers, and fame hungry idiots in search of celebrity, with no talent, all wanting something for nothing; people who will torment others to get where they have to be. I do not know where we have gone wrong as a society. I belive there are still some lovely young people being brought up who will contribute to the future but unfortunately the low life (both rich and poor) are breeding at a rate of knots. My heartfelt sympathy to this family. I can imagine nothing worse"- mom, west mids, 05/10/2010 14:12

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

Terrible story. Does anyone else out there remember a '70's educational film called "Sypher in the Snow"? A kid that had been bullied so much one day asks the bus driver to pull over and falls down dead in the snow - from being bullied. Seems like they were on the right mark. Amazing how cruel we can be.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Quaght

they side WITH the bully, isnt that more f***ed up then anything else? they encourage this behaviour, i remeber when i was a kid i was being bullied same kid everyday from jk to grade 8. He never got in troble once, not once, however one day i had enough and fought back and i got subpended for a week, he didnt.

I went to a catholic school, so personally i wonder if it has anything to do with priests molesting kids, teaching kids to be violent prists diddling kids, WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG IS OUR SOCITEY?

This behaviour is seen as "normal" i think someone is to blame, or many, clearly this is a growing probelm, and very few seem to care while even more fight against those who want to reform the education system, thats right there are thousands of people who want things to stay the same, if not get worse.

what is wrong is that TPTB want to weaken society as much as possible so they can take over more easily. 2 thousand years ago hindus described this time as a reversal of morality. ancient islamic writings say the same as does the bible. its all part of the cyclical nature of existence unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
What IF people taught their childern that very single human life was worth more than all of the gold in the world?

That is true. Every human life is worth more than all of the gold in the world. Every single one. Even the ones that think differently than you, or who were born on a different continent than you, or who are less educated than you, or who may have a different skin color than you, or a different language, or a different sex, or a different age.

When you start looking at human beings as people to be loved and cherished and cared for, when everyone does, the world will be a much different place.

As long as you sit their and bicker about having to provide food for aid to someone because they are from a different country, as if they are worth less then you, or you are not obligated to help them, while at the same time, you spend 100 times more on arms to kill other humans, then you are lost. And your children are born into a society that breeds prejudice, and is a ripe ground for bullies that care not for others.

It is all around. It is a product of the society which we live in. Not just in one place, it is everywhere.

Can you imagine if everyone was taught to love? That killing a fellow human was repugnant, that everyone was very precious? That is true wisdom. Worldly-wise man for all of his education, and schooling, has not true wisdom. For that starts with a chaste attitude, a peaceable spirit, and love of their fellow brother. Now if you could teach people that, to love, now that would be something. It is one thing to build a rocket that goes to the moon. But what good is it, if at the same time, you cannot teach the same people to love each other?

i wholeheartedly agree with you Calender. and i came across something way way back that said in a future world if it was known that someone was suffering at a far distance then no effort would be spared to ease that pain as it would be known beyond feeling that that person was another yourself. it was not biblical although the bible may support it.

i look forward to that evolved society.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xArea51NightStandx
reply to post by Soshh

I think kids these days are less respectful because its not socially aceptable to discipline kids like it was 20 years ago

all to weaken society. in oz at least i understand it is an offence to smack your child. well, you certainly cant reason with a small child. try saying stop when he kicks off his sandals and runs down the escalator, or onto the road.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

edit on 10/8/2010 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is why I support corporeal punishment in schools. I'm not saying in the extreme, but a good paddling to the butt would prevent a lot of these bullies from coming out. It's common sense. I may be in my twenties now, but growing up in Texas I can still recall when teachers were allowed to paddle kids for misbehaving...and it worked.
edit on 8-10-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OMG!!!! She looks like my daughter except my daughter has hazel eyes!!!! Wow. That's just heart-breaking. That poor little girl!!!! My God. I wish For the parents to sue the hell out of the board of Ed., the parents of the little heathens, and the school!!!! I know it won't bring their daughter back, but it may make them confront the issues and put a stiffer penalty on bullying!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join