It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some masonic secrets for the masses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dantas

I would suggest that Freemasonry is not a civic organization just like any other. In point of fact, if it were, I would quit and join the Rotary, which does a much better job of that sort of thing. I think Freemasonry is a continuation of a long tradition of mystery schools. In the end, the Fraternity is a school of philosophy which attempts to teach a system of morality through the use of symbolism and allegory. It is meant to give a man a visceral understanding of some concepts which otherwise he would have to either take on faith or accept as a matter of intellectual satisfaction rather than emotional, gut-level certainty.

While it is possible to be a Master Mason and believe that the Fraternity is nothing more than a sort of Boy Scouts for adults with aprons substituting for merit badges, I would respectfully assert that this does a disservice to the generations of men who spent time and energy writing countless books about the importance of the philosophy and symbolism of the Gentle Craft.

Of course, in the end, I cannot s youay are wrong. Freemasonry is for each man what he chooses to make of it. I will, however, say that I think you are missing one of the most beautiful things about the Craft which is the long history of intellectual, spiritual, esoteric, and philosophical effort that has gone into examining its teachings.

If you'd like a place to start, I recommend Kurt McNulty's Way of the Craftsman. If you read it, let me know what you think.

F&C.

edit on 28-10-2010 by driley because: typos

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It may have Judeo-Christian values as part of its teachings but it is certainly not a Christian orginization in my opinion.

It is most certainly based on Christian views, the Bible, King Solomons Temple and God. Beside your name it says "High Level Mason" so what exactly is your level? Tell me that.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by driley
reply to post by Dantas

I would suggest that Freemasonry is not a civic organization just like any other. In point of fact, if it were, I would quit and join the Rotary, which does a much better job of that sort of thing. I think Freemasonry is a continuation of a long tradition of mystery schools. In the end, the Fraternity is a school of philosophy which attempts to teach a system of morality through the use of symbolism and allegory. It is meant to give a man a visceral understanding of some concepts which otherwise he would have to either take on faith or accept as a matter of intellectual satisfaction rather than emotional, gut-level certainty.

While it is possible to be a Master Mason and believe that the Fraternity is nothing more than a sort of Boy Scouts for adults with aprons substituting for merit badges, I would respectfully assert that this does a disservice to the generations of men who spent time and energy writing countless books about the importance of the philosophy and symbolism of the Gentle Craft.

Of course, in the end, I cannot s youay are wrong. Freemasonry is for each man what he chooses to make of it. I will, however, say that I think you are missing one of the most beautiful things about the Craft which is the long history of intellectual, spiritual, esoteric, and philosophical effort that has gone into examining its teachings.

If you'd like a place to start, I recommend Kurt McNulty's Way of the Craftsman. If you read it, let me know what you think.

F&C.

edit on 28-10-2010 by driley because: typos

I agree with you perfectly but you are going into depth with that. I am trying to help others who have no understanding or a misleading understanding of the Lodge and it's practices have a general idea what it's about.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dantas
It is most certainly based on Christian views, the Bible, King Solomons Temple and God.

The only Biblical readings in the blue lodge are Old Testament. King Solomon's Temple was built around a thousand years before Christ. How are either of those Christian?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It is most certainly based on Christian views...

Which is what I said in my reply when I stated that Masonry has Judeo-Christian values. You posted that it is a 'Christian Orginization', which it certainly is not.

edit on 2-11-2010 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Beside your name it says "High Level Mason" so what exactly is your level? Tell me that.

He is the highest 3rd degree master mason in his house. (depending on how many libations he has consumed)

It's a poke at the boneheads who dwell on the Scottish rite degree numbers and thing that that equates to higher level masons. The ones who believe that since one might be a 32nd degree mason he is higher than the 18th degree mason from England. We might as well give them something to ponder while they are thinking up new ways to accuse us of eating babies. He is no higher than any other master mason.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Another masonic secret for the masses.

Masons aren't rich. Where this came up that all masons have access to secret wealth is beyond me. It's a sensational fabrication. Facts are that most masons are average working guys. There are masons that are wealthy, no doubt about that. that is simply because masonry doesn't differentiate between men based on economic status.

I forgot to hit the reply button but an earlier post implied that just because a cop, a judge, and a firefighter go to the same meeting behind closed doors means there's a conspiracy within masonry. This would be like saying that a cop a judge and a fire fighter are in the same church together so there's a conspiracy... As many Brothers have stated masonry is about personal growth, becoming a better man. The cop, the judge, and the firefighter are in the same lodge room as carpenters, painters, farmers, students and a higher percentage of retired old vets who enjoy a free meal before the meeting

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

The only Biblical readings in the blue lodge are Old Testament. King Solomon's Temple was built around a thousand years before Christ. How are either of those Christian?

Sort of. The circumambulations are Old Testament. However, in many jurisdictions, including my own, verses from the New Testament are included in the official prayers and lectures, and Lodges are dedicated to the Holy Saints John.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
reply to post by Saurus

See, my only problem with that statement is that how do I know you are telling the truth, or misleading me, without knowing. With Freemasonry comes this crazy assumption that evil lurks in the higher ranks. I'm not sure, but I'm kind of sure that you said that you were in the lower ranks, how do I know that the higher ranking officials of your "club" knew that you weren't trustworthy to keep information that would prove that the skeptics are right? So, instead they would tell you misleading information, because they knew you would be part of an online forum trying to dispute certain facts...thus kind of making me feel all paranoid right now. I found a place out where I live that pertains to Freemasonry and I'm actually considering joining just so I can know. Cause, if you haven't picked up on it, I'm kind of losing my mind right now. I'm actually kind of...losing it at the moment. Oh well, sanity isn't really important anymore cause I wouldn't be here right now if that weren't the case. O____o?

Did it ever occur to you to question your sources? How can a non-mason tell you anything about masonry? If you join thinking they'll teach you magic then you're sadly mistaken. I can also assure yo nobody's gonna buy you a car for becoming a 33rd either. higher tier Masons don't exist because THERE IS NO HIGHER DEGREE THAN 3rd. There is no conspiracy. In fact, the greatest secret of Freemasonry is that there is no secret. It's just a group of men trying to make the world a better place.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is most certainly based on Christian views, the Bible, King Solomons Temple and God.

Let's not be silly here. If you know anything about christianity then you know that it is based off of judaism. Christian churches also use the Old testament. The tenets of Christianity don't nullify the Old testament, Thry really just repeat it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 33Levels
a friend of mines whose uncle was a Mason, said that being a Mason is like having a VIP pass to life

Nobody gave me anything for being a mason. I wouldn't pay much attention to non-masons' interpretations.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yeah, I've made friends with Masons all over the world and I haven't had one hand out. Well, then again, I expect my life to be made by my own making.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
dude must be a "low tier" mason.. the minions of gullible rubes used as pawns to project a wonderful reflection of the true evil which exists only in the higher degrees.. 23-33d degrees.. 23d degree is the first "EYE" opener.. their first "new" reality...

it is like a rookie congressman telling us govt isn't corrupt..

I've seen this mindset several times over the year or two that I've been visiting this site. The problem with this argument is that the anti masonry crowd will tell masons that they don't know the truth because they aren't 33 degree masons (even though it's highly unlikely that the anti mason either). On the other hand, if someone defending masonry actually was 33 degree then they'd simply be accused of lying. Does anyone see a problem with that logic besides me?

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes i agree there are many myths and misconceptions about, everything. Still, like i said before, these people meeting in SECRET is a conspiracy. If you have nothing to hide why the secret?
This post says Masons are not about power, so its just a coincidence that most of the American Presidents were Masons, the President has the most power in office. Kings, Prince's etc also Masons.
But still, its not about power?

In the past, and possibly still today, it wasn't uncommon for a trade to have secrets. Masonry as a trade was no different and members of the craft had certain signs and words to be able to identify themselves as masons to one another as well as indicate their skill levels. Masonry seems secretive but it's really just being traditional. We do have nothing to hide and, honestly, I've seen places online where most of our secrets have been posted anyhow. If our rituals and secrets were so diabolical then mason haters would have lots of fuel to feed the fire.

It's no secret that many people who succeed do so because they network with others. It's also no secret that all sorts of different people with different jobs and associates join freemasonry. Let me ask you this, if you need your roof replaced and you have a friend that does roofing is it wrong to ask him to help you out? You're helping a friend get some work and you might get a small discount as well...but is that wrong? It's really no different with masonry. When you go to lodge 2 or 3 times a week, every week, and meet the same people, you're going to make friends. Does that mean you're conspiring?

I understand that where there is secrecy people will get creative with their imagination but there is a reason every mason here will consistently tell you there's nothing evil about freemasonry. If you're worried about satanic organizations there is such thing as a satanic church. They even admit they worship satan so you don't have to use your imagination.

edit on 9-11-2010 by JayTaylor because: added too many smilies on accident

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Dr Cosma

P2 was a Mafia front styling itself as a Masonic lodge. The real lodges had nothing to do with that group.

It was recognized by the Grand Orient of Italy.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sp33d
Out of curiosity...how does one become a mason?

Go through the Sears catalog and buy the ring which best suits you -- so that you can brag to your unemployed friends about how well your ring is coordinated with the rest of your outfit.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

This Mr Miyagi-esque post cracked me up

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

reply to post by Dr Cosma

P2 was a Mafia front styling itself as a Masonic lodge. The real lodges had nothing to do with that group.

It was recognized by the Grand Orient of Italy.
It was recognized by the Grand Orient of Italy until 1976, when it's charter was withdrawn based on recommendations to the Grand Orient made in 1974. P2s wrongdoings escalated and became public knowledge during investigations in 1981 and 82.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Then im sorry to say u know little of the masons, I know masons that use the "horned owl" sign, which is what thay worship iff u didnt know, and thats an alien my friend, yes the owl is actualy an alien

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
Then im sorry to say u know little of the masons, I know masons that use the "horned owl" sign, which is what thay worship iff u didnt know, and thats an alien my friend, yes the owl is actualy an alien

That has to be the most convincing evidence I have ever heard.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
Oh damn, he's onto us. Pack it up boys, it's time to go back...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join