It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbest burglar in Britain? Crook steals next-door neighbour's curtains... then hangs them in h

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The dumbest burglar in Britain? Crook steals next- door neighbour's curtains... then curtains... then hangs them in his window hangs them in his hangs them in his window

ww w.dailymail.co.uk

A burglar who stole his next-door neighbour’s net curtains was caught when he put them up in his own window, a court was told months after admitting his fourth burglary The 38-year-old was rumbled when the neighbours went to his home and asked him why he had got their net curtains
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4/10/10 by masqua because: Edited in correct title

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I thought you guys would get a laugh from this. Although not funny from the victims point of view.

The burgler obviously has issues and maybe a spell in prison will dry him out and put him straight..

Maybe they will even let him have a nice pair of net curtains in his cell whilst he (ahem) pulls himself together (facepalm)

ww w.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nobody is that stupid, are they?

He must have been playing a joke on his neighbors right...?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if their brains are wired up at all. Last week the DM ran a story about a burglar who dropped his mobile phone in a house he robbed. He had the cheek to phone police to ask for it back. Like, DUH!!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Nobody is that stupid, are they?

He must have been playing a joke on his neighbors right...?

No he burgled them for their curtains and is now facing prison

He either has a curtain fetish or the neighbours have fabulous taste

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Makes you wonder if their brains are wired up at all. Last week the DM ran a story about a burglar who dropped his mobile phone in a house he robbed. He had the cheek to phone police to ask for it back. Like, DUH!!

LOL, what would have topped that off, would have been if the police told him that he could come in and get it..........and then he does. I remember something like this happening in the states, and the police told the guy that he could come in and get whatever it was, and believe it or not, he did. The guy was arrested the moment he went to the desk and told them what he was there for. Same with the guy who broke into a house, stole a gold necklace a cellphone and some other equipment. Later that day, he took a picture of himself with the cell phone while wearing the necklace, and when he hit save, it sent the picture to the other cell phone of the man he stole it from. Needless to say, when the police got the picture, they knew who the thief was, because of prior arrests. He was behind bars the next day.

It really makes you wonder what these people did to themselves that made them this stupid.
edit on 4-10-2010 by FiatLux because: caws i dont no hou 2 spel

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would say that was Curtains for the first guy and for the last one... it was a Photo finish... lol... Thanks for the laughs

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I am glad that they are dumb as it makes them easier to catch, but come on! Surely no one is THAT stupid??

Burgler: "hey, i left me phone in 10 richmond street innit? I know use av it and want it back yeah"

Police:"How did it get in the house?"

Burgler:"left it there last night innit"

Police:"whats your address? We will deliver it to you."

Burgler:"cool.. its 21 charring street"

Police: "Great.. See you in 5 minuets"

What a dumbass

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
His nibs used to be supervisor in a halfway house for young offenders, where the police would visit if there was a crime in the area. One night they came knocking and asked him if he'd spotted any strange comings and goings among the tenants as the garage up the road had just been robbed. They questioned all the boys in the house then left. They were all innocent of course.

In the morning his nibs went into the kitchen and found the fridge and a whole cupboard stuffed with blocks of cheese. He had to phone the police back and ask
"by any chance was it cheese that was robbed from the garage up the road last night?" It was. Just cheese.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lmfao... Wonder if he was going to try for furniture to match later on before he got caught ?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
All I can say on this is it should be on Worlds Dumbest Criminals on TRU tv. What do you think was going on in his head? I will guess this if he puts them up in his place nobody would notice that these were the ones he took.

That shows you how dumb some criminals are.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
People do stupid things all the time, usually you just don't hear about it.

I knew a guy years ago that called the police and told them people were out to get him. It was about 3 AM and he was in a popular nightclub district where I live. His paranoia was due to contraband that he had been taking for the previous few months. This contraband and the resulting paranoia had caused him to form the belief that people were out to take the rest of his contraband from him. In the morning in question the paranoia was so intense that he called the police, who promptly came to his location, searched him and found contrband, and then arrested him.

In a way he was right, people(police) were out to get him and take his contraband, which they did prompltly at his request.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Reminds me of the scene in the invention of lying.
Always puts a smile on my face

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I knew someone that made his own beer.
He made a spring batch that was BAD because he had used some moldy grain.

The first bottle put him in the hospital for 3 days.

While he was in the hospital thieves took the 6 other cases of beer he had made.

The cops had no problem finding the thieves as they ended up in the hospital too.
The beer brewer had only drank one bottle.

The thieves had done about 6 bottles each and were very sick thieves.
They were in the hospital for over a week and for a while the doctors did not think they would survive.

The only reason they did was because they went to the same hospital and the doctors knew what the poison mold was from treating the brewer.

new topics

top topics

join