It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO indoctrination in British schools? Strange coincidence re: upsurge in MSM interest in UFOlogy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay. I, along with many, have been following the various threads talking about how much more seriously the UFO topic is being taken by the MSM and as a result, by the public in general.

Now, day by day, more pieces of the puzzle seem to be falling into place.

A little snippet which may fit in with the bigger picture came my way this evening, from a most unexpected source. My 5 yr old son.

Casually, my wife remarked that he had 'sent a postcard to an alien' today. I laughed, thinking it was something he did here at home off his own back - he knows daddy talks about aliens and spaceships occasionally, so I figured it was a natural offshoot from that.

But no, it was a guided project at his primary school here in the UK...

The kids were all asked to sit down and write a postcard to an alien, under the pretense that an alien world had been discovered and that they (the aliens) really wanted to make friends with us.

Now that strikes me as a bit of an odd project for a state-sponsored school - all talk of aliens and whatnot was ignored and rubbished by my teachers at school in the eighties/early nineties. Even creative writing of that nature was generally met with a lukewarm response. The timing of it makes me wonder - are 'they' subtly preparing the minds of our children too?

I'd be fascinated to know if anyone else has heard of their children doing such projects - or if, over the coming weeks and months, their children are asked by their teachers to complete such activities.

I know some might say that it could stem from a personal decision made by the teacher, but it rarely (if ever) works that way with potentially controversial subjects here in the UK. There is a fixed state curriculum - with some flexibility of methodology as long as core principles are adhered to, and all is well if the right results are achieved. However, usually, all areas of potential controversy are rigidly avoided - aliens might very well be considered controversial if a child is from a religious home.

Even playground gossip and class displays of work could be enough to put the subject in place subliminally in the minds of other children (who mightn't have directly taken part in the guided activity). Have a look next time you visit your son/daughter's school. Are there any displays featuring work of this nature anywhere in view?

What do you think? Has anyone heard of anything similar in recent times? Please keep an ear to the ground to see if this is something being adopted nationwide.

Fly.

edit on 1-10-2010 by FlyInTheOintment because: title cut-off

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They tell you what to think.
They manage mankind.
Open the books on Tesla for the truth.
But they will not promote what is published or
what they have locked up.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

FlyInTheOintment.....

I think it's an interesting way to get the kids to be creative.

I mean.....

It's slightly more interesting for them than to be asked to write "An Ode To An Urn".....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I know some might say that it could stem from a personal decision made by the teacher, but it rarely (if ever) works that way with potentially controversial subjects here in the UK. There is a fixed state curriculum - with some flexibility of methodology as long as core principles are adhered to, and all is well if the right results are achieved. However, usually, all areas of potential controversy are rigidly avoided - aliens might very well be considered controversial if a child is from a religious home.

The curriculum isn't very rigid...it's a framework and teachers can do anything they like within it. Writing to imagine, explore and entertain is embedded throughout primary and secondary schools in the UK. Typically, kids in Key Stages 1-3 will be taught to write letters. They can be to sports stars, local politicians or fictional characters...lots of possibilities. Aliens are more fun.

Rather than 'indoctrination,' your kid's had the opportunity to imagine something interesting and write about it. If you google something like "lesson plan letter to aliens" you'll find the idea's fairly generic.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Very nice response, reassured me (and made me feel a bit silly for hyper-reacting). However, I'm glad to know this is nothing new.

I think in future I'll check on Google before making a thread

Being a teacher looks like fun if this is what you get to do every day:

Cool lesson plan - ALIEN PEN PALS

Thread can be closed. Thanks Mods!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Nothing new.

I recall, something similar, when I was 5 too - that would've been 1991. Just a roleplaying games, that are used to develope a childs adaption and ability to think. The joys of the British education system

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Maybe your kids teacher is just fascinated with UFOs. I have a friend in US who is a physics teacher in LA at a highschool. He loves playing Dungeons and Dragons, so he uses Fantasy to teach physics. Like:

If an elf is 100 yards away from an orc and fires an arrow at him and the arrow flies at X speed how long does it take for the arrow to hit the orc?

If he was fascinated with UFOlogy, he could have changed the characters and put a martian firing a laserbeam rifle against a human during an invasion on planet Earth. =P

new topics

top topics

join