It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I change layout back to old one?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I assume there has to be a way since every other forum I visit allows you to choose the layout.
I really can't use this one it's just way too complicated than it needs to be.

I'd vent about my fustrations but I don't want to turn this into one of those OMG I HATE THIS NEW LAYOUT posts so instead I just ask how can I change it bacjk? thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I can't help you mate, sorry.

But honestly, I find the new layout rather cool. What exactly do you find difficult about this layout?

I have been on other forums, but I could never revert back to an older layout.

Good work designers, keep the changes coming

VVV

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I assume there has to be a way since every other forum I visit allows you to choose the layout.

I'd vent about my fustrations but I don't want to turn this into one of those OMG I HATE THIS NEW LAYOUT posts so instead I just ask how can I change it bacjk? thanks

I HATE this new layout too....and we are getting FORCED to use it....they will not give you the option for the old layout.......you will hear "why don't you like it?" or "this new format is cool!"..but it is not cool....the mods/owners & staff don't care......you have no choice.

progress my a$$......it was fine the old way...this sucks !

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Where is the colomn of new and top threads down the right hand side of the pages?? hmmm, not liking this at all .GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And WTF is going on with my avatar??? Not liking this at all......................

edit on 30/9/2010 by scubagravy because: ATS has taken a turn for the worse

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Not entirely true, there were quite a few threads which went on for many months which asked for member opinions on many elements of the new site layout. Maybe you should have suggested something which you thought would be great in those threads!

We're stuck with this now.

Not too shabby if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Suck it up... or build a time machine!

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't think there is going to be a way to use the old board layout. Unfortunately, there are going to be some people who don't like the new board. ATS can't please ALL of the members, no matter what they do. There were some that didn't like the old layout, too, I'm sure.

I suggest you act like this is the first time you've visited the board and take the position of a new member who must get used to the new board. All the content is there. Most of the options are there. Plus some new and yes, cool, things. Take some time and get used to it.

Originally posted by Alpha Grey..the mods/owners & staff don't care....

That's so unfair. And untrue. You couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

And what does W2 mean under my avatar ??

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by scubagravy

And what does W2 mean under my avatar ??

Take 5 SECONDS to look in the BB&Q Forum to see what it might be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thanks Benev.... so can u answer my first quetion cheeky pants

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

progress my a$$......it was fine the old way...this sucks !

so glad you agree. we are both from 05 too! i'd like to try a different conspiracy forum but the others (ESPECIALLY GLP) have no good content, whereas this has SOME, I just really don't like the layout. if you know one u2u me.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

you can thank the new layout for your small avatar. it's made all the things which should be large smaller and made all the things that should be small larger.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is sort of directed at S.O or any of the web designers.

I would love a size 9 font for all text, but that ain't going to happen.

You know, I think I like the recent post page layout better than the old with this difference: I preferred the different colored text for each category. It seemed to help keep track of where I was when scrolling down.
I really like the pop up when you have a new unread message, although, it could have more contrast to get your attention faster.

The new font size while you are in a thread, just screams I'm blind as a bat and I need a Jumbo Font!!
(I wish it (font size) was user selectable...hint hint)

The bling is not important as the quality of the content, or lack there of, whatever the case may be.
I wish some threads would get the "this is bs axe" as opposed to all this bling, but I do not like to see websites that are never updated..

FWIW, I don't think these changes are going to be based on user votes or oppinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

What about the right hand colomn of new and top threads ???

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hate it, everything is too big. I feel like i'm on a forum for the seeing-impaired or something

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It's all in the 2010 thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take some time and peruse the latest pages in there.
There is much to learn, grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
(I wish it (font size) was user selectable...hint hint)
It is selectable for firefox users, ctrl+ makes it bigger and ctrl- makes it smaller. I use both of those key combinations quite a bit to get the font size right for me,

IE has some options but they are more limited.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I liked the old layout a lot better as well. I even find browsing through threads under "Recent Posts" to be slower since the size changed, among other things. That's a pretty bad change to be honest if reading becomes slower...reading speed is somewhat important on a forum.

edit on 30-9-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks man. I use Firefox under Ubuntu, and have been zooming that for quite some time.
IE has a little zoom tool down on the lower right corner for you Microsoft users.
I use that F11 key quite a bit too. I'm trying to open my big mouth loud enough for S.O. to sit back and think about what is happening with all this neato stuff you can do to a website. While pretty is nice to look at, not always as functional.

While zooming out in the post itself to get more on one page is an option, you zoom out everything. Then you go to recent posts for example, and the font is now too small and you gotta zoom back in.
The font size on a website should not change like this (IMO).

I like the overall new look and colors in dark mode.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Something is obvious. Those that don't like the new layout ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, and those that don't hate it are "fine" with it but aren't overly joyed. How about just bring back the old one or give us the choice?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join