It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I change layout back to old one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

First off i want to say that is bullcrap. i submitted ideas and they were ignored. specifically my background designs. I emailed bill me design, got nothing back. got no reply in the thread wich they asked members to specifically submit the content. I have u2u, them and nothing.

not a single crap was given that day.

edit on 30-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I submitted a background too which I saw displayed once on one night.
I was a little suprised that I didn't even get an automated response or anything at all thanking me for bothering to spend the time doing it....
I am assuming that they received a lot of them though and it would have taken a long time to reply.
It's kind of bad form though asking users to submit content and then not acknowledging their efforts

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Alpha Grey..the mods/owners & staff don't care....

That's so unfair. And untrue. You couldn't be more wrong.

Actually it's been my experience that the above statement IS true. You couldn't be more wrong, but that's not the point of this thread. I agree there are a lot of things with the new interface that sucks. Progress for the sake of progress is seldom good, and just because someone had suggested something doesn't guarantee its inclusion.

The new site is a lot slower, has a much bigger footprint and has way way too much information being thrown at the user all at once. Please visit "webpagesthatsuck.com" before you retort, as several of the suggested faux pas' have been noted on the new ATS site.

..Ex

edit on 9/30/2010 by v3_exceed because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
..and don't get me started on the amount of advertisments we have to put up with! hey ATS, ever heard of creating a 2nd form of membership where you can pay $10 a year? There's so many users here that I have no doubt at all that enough people (including me) would pay the $10 and there's be no need for the ads.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think I read somewhere that there are going to be skins Nventual. If that's the case, it won't solve all your problems but you may be able to find a skin with a look that you like.

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In my opinion too much room is given to image-cultivation.

I for my part don´t need any goldfish that size moving from
left to right through my field of vision to distract me from
reading the text.

Dark blue script is a strain for my eyes.

The kind of green used is a matter of taste.

I don´t need all the figures from haunted houses in the
avatar to interfere with my attention to the thread.

I mentioned it once in the past: I would find it helpful,
if more members could be invited to state their geo-
graphical location to better sort their answers into the
context.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.

Ok I will change my Avatar just to please you then!
Would black text on a black background with a black border be ok?
I don't want any sort of expression of individuality to distract you after all

Out of interest why isn't your own location field filled in if it's important?

edit on 30-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey Mods! How bout a pat on the back.
This looks better as far as the thread size text goes.
It's nice to get more content per page.

Note: I'm sure you guys are aware, there is a lot of wasted space below the signature area.
Causes less posts per page to be viewable.

Nag Nag thats all we seem to do. Change is hard.
I do think ATS looks "more" impressive, so take my opinion with some salt.

If the site utilization is up, who can complain about that.
I currently get good performance switching pages, and making edits, which is more than I can say for all the forums I go to.

I think you guys are listening to us, but it's hard to tell.

edit on 30-9-2010 by SLaPPiE because: Signature Size Note and below:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what it comes down to is this...

This site was supposed to be about THE INFORMATION.....nothing else.

Now it is a gaudy overdone pimp-mobile......glitz & flash

was this change REALLY needed ?....and why ?? and could it have been updated without this horrible format ?

somehow I think someone made a test format and liked it so much it got forced upon us.....for I can see no reason why this HAD to be done.

......"why are you repainting my car?? it was fine before..."
......"we thought it looked better like this...you'll get used to it in time..trust us"
......"can you repaint it back to the way it was before?...it looks like a nightmare"
......"nope....this is how it is...don't like it...go somewhere else"
......"but I did not ask to have it repainted"
......"so what...we did it anyway"

edit on 30-9-2010 by Alpha Grey because: added text

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Davespanners,

Lux. stands for Luxembourg/Europe.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by Nventual
I assume there has to be a way since every other forum I visit allows you to choose the layout.
I really can't use this one it's just way too complicated than it needs to be.

I'd vent about my fustrations but I don't want to turn this into one of those OMG I HATE THIS NEW LAYOUT posts so instead I just ask how can I change it bacjk? thanks

I HATE this new layout too....and we are getting FORCED to use it....they will not give you the option for the old layout.......you will hear "why don't you like it?" or "this new format is cool!"..but it is not cool....the mods/owners & staff don't care......you have no choice.

progress my a$$......it was fine the old way...this sucks !

The new layout is disturbing in a few ways. For instance, I wish to star this post. In daylight, I cannot see the star area to even star this post. How do I keep track of foes, etc? Looks like everything is dripping with more complexity, and there's far more eyestrain. I think the blackground is a conspiracy. I have to highlight every quote or I simply skip over reading them at all, using context instead. All websites with black I will avoid except ats, because the content here is good IF you use a search engine to go back a few years when people were actually alarmed at real conspiracies, not with the firing of a celebrity. The ats search engine is essentially non-functional.

Last night I set aside time to read a thread on gang stalking, managing to finish just before daylight. An excellent subject I would love to add to, except reading in daylight hours is quite difficult. It's stuff like this that conspiracies are made of, and you don't find this sort of thing just anywhere. A real shame and a real problem for me, as I do not waste money upgrading to flashy new things like a computer.

I'll star your post when it gets dark out.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I don't see anything next to location in the box on the left?

I hope this avatar is less distracting for you.

I'm perfectly well aware of where Luxembourg is

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am so upset with this layout. I cannot even see my edit link. The scroll bar keeps getting intruded upon by ads. This just SO sucks. Try reading a signature, even at night. Impossible. This is an insult to my intelligence. I will actively look for a site that wasn't designed by people who live in a darkened cave, to post my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've got to say I'm really struggling at the moment. Perhaps this is a symptom of being exposed to a prolonged period of change?

I am impressed with the way the new ATS functions, but visually I'm having problems.

Trying to think up an analogy, it's like going to an art gallery to view a delicate and sublime watercolour only to find that the frame is covered in flashing, multicoloured neon lights! It really is hard to concentrate on what you are supposed to be looking at.

Is this really something that you can get used to?

I don't want to appear negative because I'm not (regarding the rest of the changes - I think they're pretty good).

edit on Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:38:09 -0500 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Lucky for you, there is a new option to handle this issue now. So, is this a +1 for the new site?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I think it's more a 0 than a -1 or a +1...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Well, at least it's one issue down... Hang in there.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did you just reply to my post 5 seconds after I posted it?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Freaky huh? Lol. Just kidding.

I happened to be looking at my messages (the function that allows you to see who has replied to a post) trying to catch up on older posts and saw yours. The timing was just coincidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I love the new forum design

But then I don't believe aliens from Zeta Reticuli caused Nibiru to make Hurricane Katrina destroy the WTC in order for the NWO to remove American's rights to bear arms. Or summat. So who am I to talk?

Seriously, I like it - nice and modern and user friendly. And no-one has to post here if they don't like it (or is that the plan - drive away anyone who dares question the Illuminati whom, as we all know, run ATS as a test site? .
)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join