It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Informating related to a body in space we will name Nebiru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok first I wont be able to stay on line much to check this thread .
Second I can OFFER no proof what I am about to tell you is the truth .third Is I have known about this from way back in the 80ds so in that respect it is very old news .
So here is what I know make of it what you will.
I was watching the news the 6 pm news NBC OR CBS OR the other one . Yes this is so OLD that we even had cable a total of 3 channels to watch . Not like i wanted to watch news but at 6 pm and tv THats is what was on lol.
anway the story ( wich did have a Space photo of the object came on the reporter said NASA discovered what at first they thought may be another planet in our system out past pluto . Now the photo showed the regular star looking thing lol a DOT in space.
anway the story went on may have found a new planet BUT this body seamed to be moving Into our system and it was the size of a planet.
and this my ATS friends Is the only time I ever heard this story or got any information relating to it.
The thing is NBC_CBS are not in the Tabloid bussiness they report the facts as THey see them only.
so wile they May slant a story if they feel it relates to what they like thye still stick with the FACTs.
So fact one NASA says thye discover a planet calling it large meaning if it was on the outer edge of our system coming in it must be larger then pluto alest to seee at taht distance.
But the kicker is they also said it seemed to be ignoring the gravitational effects of our system as well.
Now taht is EXCATLY what they said But taht implys it is under POWER as only a POWERED object can ignore the gravity of a system.
well this story sounds like another nutter case and this is why i never posted it before as there is No way i can prove this NEWS story is a FACT .
and if it is a FACT it also seams they are going out of there way to keep it a secret.
Now the thing is what if so what? every one running around proclaiming the end of teh world 2012 .
well gess what i am NOT because even though the story is TRUE even by now to many other people with access to the right equmint qould have seen this object to keep it under raps so all i can conclude is at the time NASA made a misstake in seeing what they thought they were seeing.
But as how I know you love these storys i thought what the heck here it is . who knows maybe with enough digging you may even be able to Verfi it wouldnt taht be a kicker a NASA verfied Nebiru story.

edit on 23-9-2010 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yea I agree 100%....Nebiru and no proof go hand in hand.
It's like....Hey...here is nothing.

edit on 23-9-2010 by SLaPPiE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They found Waldo ... or did they?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Well that was 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back..

2nd line, cause I have to,,

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hi
I hope you get back soon, this is intriguing to say the least.
Heres the thing......people wont recognise what you are telling them......
I have noticed that there have been announcements about stuff like this in the past and then it seems to dissipate like smoke with never any followup or even a ripple in the collective consciousness of everyone.
I can list several instances of things that have happened since +/_ 38.
A Crash of an out of this world craft in spitzgergen 1938.....ever hear of it?
The arrival of a dark star sattelite back in the sixties i believe....perhaps 50s.....it is peculair because it entered a polar orbit, (we had no satelite in that orbit back then,it swung around the earth and even emitted radio signals as i recall,....then well, ive never heard anything more about it......?????WTF????
Seargent major Stone? i think,( I saw a you tube lecture)Anyway showed pictures of the rings of saturn, complete with space mining ships thousand miles long, sucking up the ring.....Type two civilisation at work in the neighbourhood nearest you....
People just dont assimilate this stuff.....theres more too but its sufficient to show what im postulating here....
The proof is right there.....people hear it and instead of acting on it....challenging it, rising to the mental gear shift it takes to actually understand and assimilate the evidence ,They slump back down into dull kind of wondering if theres life in space again...right after theyve been shown the proof of it!
I mean jeeze what will it take to make it stick?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What will it take you say?
Post some pictures, videos to help us see the light, pun intended.

Im not dismissing your notions, but I have found no 'real' pictures of Nibiru etc. Most of the stuff out there are fakes and lense flares.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Maybe it was an earlier poorly documented sighting of ...

Eris (dwarf planet) [wiki]

Personal Disclosure:
Eris!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why dont some of you just be patient and wait for ANU and then you may understand more...
2nd

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't know if you are illiterate or English is your second language but I got about half way though and couldn't read any more. It was way too rough. It was like proofreading one of my kid's homework assignments.

I love the topic of Niburu but man, that was probably one of the worst posts for typos, spelling, and grammar I have ever seen in my life!

Sorry. Can you use a world processor or something to check your stuff before you put it out there?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think the OP might be on to something.

On Space.com, I read that science is now taking the possibility that our sun is part of a binary system seriously. Before science totally poopooed the idea, but now they're beginning to think maybe we are orbited by a brown dwarf star.

imo, it could very well explain the eccentric orbit of Sedna and the procession of the equinoxes (and for that matter, 2012).

edit on 23-9-2010 by 19872012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

HOLY CRAP! How come I have never heard of Eris, Ceres, Haumea and Makemake??

I looked up Eris and flipped my lid on what I found. How come these celestial bodies in OUR solar system are not widely told about?

Eris and Ceres especially because they are in the range of the planets(Ceres is in the asteroid belt and the other two are in the Kuiper Belt). Fantastic... I'd have never known this!! I guess we could have had a tenth planet after all.

And Sedna! There are so many things out there that aren't being taught mainstream!!

edit on 9/23/2010 by TheBloodRed because: Sedna bit

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Don't understand such an emotional reaction? The Kuiper Belt is VERY far away, and these objects are very small. It's only been in the last five years or so that technology to detect them has even existed.

Textbooks will be updated eventually, I suppose.

But, in any case.....except for science nerds, they aren't significant.

Heck.....99.9% of people on this planet probably couldn't even answer correctly if asked how many planets there are in the Solar System, where Earth is in relation to others, nor to name all the planets in proper order.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I remember that!! I was watching the news with my parents and was VERY intrigued with this! I remember asking later on what happened but my parents and teachers knew nothing about it. I literally hadn't thought of that in 20+ years until now

Interesting.

by the way - I believe my parents ALWAYS watched ABC, channel 7, in the San Francisco bay area. If you want to go searching that might be a decent start.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Thermo Klein because: Added comment about ABC

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As I read the OP I was also thinking that if this was in the 80's it was probably an early report on the Kuiper Belt objects.

Interesting what random memories you retain of your childhood
I remember going to this nature park where they had this tiny swinging rope and plank bridge across what I always remembered as this huge chasm. I remember being so scared on that bridge, when my dad playfully rocked it back and forth I thought we'd all go plunging into the abyss! We never went back and over time that's how I remembered it, as this little rickety bridge over a giant chasm. Well when chance took me back there as an adult I saw that it was just a small footbridge over a little stream
My mind remembered it as I saw it when I was 4 years old.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Explanation: Very small eh?
I agree they ARE hard to resolve at that size at that distance but they are seriously not small objects regardless of their dwarf status... here is why!...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/550f8c49c930.jpg[/atsimg]

From the Eris wiki link I supplied...

Eris, formal designation 136199 Eris, is the largest known dwarf planet in the Solar System and the ninth-largest body known to orbit the Sun directly. It is approximately 2,500 kilometres (1,600 mi) in diameter and 27% more massive than Pluto.[9][13]

Eris was first identified in January 2005 by a Palomar Observatory-based team led by Mike Brown, and its identity verified later that year. It is a trans-Neptunian object (TNO) native to a region of space beyond the Kuiper belt known as the scattered disc. Eris has one moon, Dysnomia; recent observations have found no evidence of further satellites. The current distance from the Sun is 96.7 AU,[11] roughly three times that of Pluto. With the exception of some comets the pair are the most distant known natural objects in the Solar System.[2]

Because Eris is larger than Pluto, its discoverers[14] and NASA initially described it as the Solar System’s tenth planet. This, along with the prospect of other similarly sized objects being discovered in the future, motivated the International Astronomical Union (IAU) to define the term planet for the first time. Under a then-new IAU definition approved on August 24, 2006, Eris is a "dwarf planet" along with Pluto, Ceres, Haumea and Makemake.

Pluto (dwarf planet) [wiki]

In the 1840s, using Newtonian mechanics, Urbain Le Verrier predicted the position of the then-undiscovered planet Neptune after analysing perturbations in the orbit of Uranus.[16] Subsequent observations of Neptune in the late 19th century caused astronomers to speculate that Uranus' orbit was being disturbed by another planet besides Neptune. In 1906, Percival Lowell, a wealthy Bostonian who had founded the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1894, started an extensive project in search of a possible ninth planet, which he termed "Planet X".[17] By 1909, Lowell and William H. Pickering had suggested several possible celestial coordinates for such a planet.[18] Lowell and his observatory conducted his search until his death in 1916, but to no avail. Unbeknownst to Lowell, on March 19, 1915, his observatory had captured two faint images of Pluto, but did not recognise them for what they were.[18][19]

Due to a ten-year legal battle with Constance Lowell, Percival's widow, who attempted to wrest the observatory's million-dollar portion of his legacy for herself, the search for Planet X did not resume until 1929,[20] when its director, Vesto Melvin Slipher, summarily handed the job of locating Planet X to Clyde Tombaugh, a 23-year-old Kansas man who had just arrived at the Lowell Observatory after Slipher had been impressed by a sample of his astronomical drawings.[20]

Tombaugh's task was to systematically image the night sky in pairs of photographs taken two weeks apart, then examine each pair and determine whether any objects had shifted position. Using a machine called a blink comparator, he rapidly shifted back and forth between views of each of the plates, to create the illusion of movement of any objects that had changed position or appearance between photographs. On February 18, 1930, after nearly a year of searching, Tombaugh discovered a possible moving object on photographic plates taken on January 23 and January 29 of that year. A lesser-quality photograph taken on January 21 helped confirm the movement.[21] After the observatory obtained further confirmatory photographs, news of the discovery was telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory on March 13, 1930.

So I complete do not understand this from your post...

It's only been in the last five years or so that technology to detect them has even existed.

Because its been 95 years since we observed Pluto 1st [if unrecognized at the time] and sure Eris is 3 times further out but its the furthest out of the lot... so far!

Personal Disclosure: @ TheBloodRed St*r for you and very glad to help!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

I'm wiht you on taht one JonInMichigan I'm thinking mabye he works third tfihs or something..

Please don't be offended OP, but that was rough. You need to get a good nights sleep and re-post that baby. I think I know what you're talking about, but all the typos and severe lack of punctuation through me off and I lost concentration of the topic.

Seems like it could be interesting, please re-post!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Yes, "small".....in relaiton to most planetary bodies in our Solar System.

You compared Eris to the size of Australia (span wise). But, by zooming in to your fine nation's image, it misses the fuller context and size comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/467ee1419959.jpg[/atsimg]

Eris is smaller than Earth's moon....and, as you rightly pointed out, WAY much farther away.

Pluto's discovery was a happy happenstance, in some regards. BUT, the others are SO far out (think about it...still approximately the size of Pluto, give or take....but so far, far away. Things appear "smaller", visually, with distance, yes???

Also, take into account HOW we see those objects. Completely reliant on the reflected Sunlight. Care to guess how DIM the Sun is, from that distance out?

Further, the optics of the imaging devices (telescopes, electronis, etc) have to be considered. Big improvements on that, recently.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My people just dont read these post do they I said I watched this on Live news channel LONG befor there were computers even before we had our first VCR ,even before we had cable even though I know both these things were available.
It was in the 1980ds I watched this news report I mainly rember it because this is out of the ordinary thing to be reporting on.
But even if I had the original broadcast . It wouldn't matter This post was intended for the people who have instrest in SPACE . The rest of you just don't even read it as its a waste of your and my time .

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
not these nibiru bs again...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
there was one other odd news report in that time frame I watched as well . If you would like to know what that pertained to message me . But again i could offer no proof to that news report eather . As it was A LIVE report people here seam to be unable to grasp that concept.
You know if anyone ever does get good solid information on any thing they WILL NEVER post it here as ATS has tought posters VERY WELL that all they wish is to have something to ridicule .
You are destroying the very people who may be the one who finly finds the answers you seek this is the hight of stupid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join