It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds (nibiru)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Jupiter does have some tidal effects on the Earth, all be it very minimal.

Here is a table of tidal forces of the Sun, Moon, and Planets. With the Sun's tidal force equal to 1.00, the following values are given in Thompson (1981):

Moon 2.21
Sun 1.00
Venus 0.000113
Jupiter 0.0000131

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Thats only the direct effect, it does far more for us indirectly. As most know its gravity well is such that it can grab Earth-bound comets and asteriods and change their destructive courses, Having said that it can also send them on a path to Earth.

Truly, without Jupiter we would not be here.

Peace.
ALS

edit on 19-9-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: Because I felt like it!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I looked for Jupiter's moons last night with & without binoculars. I didn't see any, not even Callisto or Ganymede. I wasn't able to get even a hint of the 63 moons. I did see a couple of objects below Jupiter that were not Jupiter's moons and were not stars. Are these the moons that others are seeing? What kind of vision do you have to have to see these moons? Why weren't people seeing them with the naked eye in 1963 when Jupiter was even closer than it is now? I searched the web for naked eye sightings of Jupiter but gave up in disgust when various websites were telling me that NOW even Uranus can be seen with the naked eye.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Steadily-held, good quality binoculars or a small telescope will show Jupiter as a small white disk; its four brightest natural satellites (moons) - Ganymede (magnitude +4.6 at opposition), Io (+5.0), Europa (+5.3) and Callisto (+5.6) - can also be seen close by, changing their positions from one night to the next. The four moons are brighter than the typical naked eye limiting magnitude (ca. +6.0) and they would be visible to the unaided eye were it not for the fact that their close proximity to Jupiter causes them to be washed out by the glare of Jupiter itself. Sometimes only two or three moons will be seen on a given night - in which case, the remainder are either in front of, or behind, the giant planet.

Jupiter's Southern Equatorial Belt [SEB] faded from view during the first half of 2010; consequently, only the Northern Equatorial Belt [NEB] is visible through telescopes at the present time. Fadings of the SEB occur at irregular intervals, the last occasion having been in the early 1990s. It is not known when the Belt will return to view. See Sky & Telescope for more details).

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Unless you have managed to pick a time when the 4 main moons(Europa, Ganymede, Io and Callisto) are hiding behind Jupiter you should have no problems spotting the moons at the moment through binoculars unless your vision is real poor. Maybe you were not on Jupiter or maybe what you did see was it's moons, they can appear further out than you might expect and do line up on a diagonal angle. Stellarium is a real usefull tool to get a picture of where things are and how they should appear. Although there are 63 moons it is really the 4 Galilean moons(mentioned above) that you will be likely to see.
I have relatively young eyes(not that young really) which I am sure helps in seeing with the naked eye, age can be a big factor in that. I can also see Uranus but the moons do appear brighter right now to me at least. I can see them un aided yet my wife can't, so it really depends on who is looking.

edit on 19-9-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by css1981
I have actualy taken the time to read the entire thread.... and still I am missing the point....

OK, here are the points short and sweet.

1 If your are physically capable of going outside...............then go outside, just go look at it, and try to enjoy it.

2.If you like the idea of the legend of nibiru, then you now have a different alternative to all the normal explanations you hear and read about.

and incase you really did miss it Nibiru = Jupiter's moon Europa.

but that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I knew you should of done a tl;dr version at the end of the first post

Anyway, should you spot Europa right at this minute, Io is right next to it so it will look much more intense than normal. This should change in a few hours however.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Thanks for the reply...

well, sadly the sky is cloudy over here, but I shall keep a eye on it.

Normaly I am verry open minded, but to accept Europe as Nibiru is something verry new for me..

Tomorrow I will get back on this one..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Could anyone take a telescopic picture of Jupiter.

I can't see anyting at the moment its complete over-cast in my little part of the world.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

While what you state is true in aspect of it potentially preventing the Earth's demise via rouge asteroids and comments...it is truley speculation that it has prevented such disasters. To simply state that it has to such as the degree of which you state...would suggest an er in your reasoning...after all, the creation of the moon was not overted by Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Thankyou for the link you provided. I see from the graphs and charts on that site that Jupiter and Venus are currently less than 40 degrees apart. There are two very bright stars in my evening sky and they are 100+ degrees apart. I see from this chart that one or the other of them is not as represented i.e. either Jupiter is not Jupiter or Venus is not Venus. The viewing portion also shows Jupiter currently in conjunction with the sun and viewable in the afternoon. Don't quite know what to make of this but I am going to be having a very close look at the Jupiter pretender this evening.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Look where is it? I mean where is this planet? I don't know what to believe any more. Its 2 years away or 1 year away. I can't even tell whats going to happen. I sometimes wonder is 2012 and other end of the world predictions geared towards people like me. I would elaborate but I want to post more.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I'm going to have to go with Herschel on the Uranus sighting BUT very interested to know where exactly you saw this.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

jupiter rises in the east (or maybe east south east for you) by the time you see jupiter venus should be gone, because it set in the west, it follows the sun.

Here is a trick for just tonight:

find the moon.........pretend it is a clock face for a second...........now find the 8 o'clock position on the moon

from the 8 o'clock position make a straight line going out till it runs right into the brightest star in the sky.

that star is jupiter

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
First thank you for this post. It's this kind of post that got me to sign up for ATS in the first place.

Second very well thought out and very well researched. I was very impressed at how you made the connection of Nibiru to Europa rather than the famed planet x.

Third unfortunately the only way we can see what's coming is if we get our heads out of our A$$ES and take a look at history.

Once again thank you very much for this post : )

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Ok, I got it. I mistook Saturn's symbol for Jupiter's in the chart. Jupiter and Venus are approx. 143 degrees apart, however, I see them both in the evening sky. I'll have a look-see tonight for the exact time that Venus sets. I'm sure it's not out very late - just long enough to give pause.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Venus sets about an hour and a half after the sun. Jupiter rises at about the same time.

edit on 9/19/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I can't imagine what all the hoopla is over Iraq and Iran or should I say Sumeria.

Wonder what we are looking for

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I just came in from viewing, nice line up on one side of Jupiter tonight; only 4 moons visible for me.

Anyways, I got to thinking, because that is what I do most days, and I was thinking about the information on the Annunaki and their pretense to live partial in a water environment. Then the Gulf of Mexico came to mind; I am still not sitting well with how little effort from our Government at correcting this. Instead they blatantly just hid the oil by covering it with sand, and in most cases they ran people out of areas while nothing was being done. It still doesn't sit well at all. Especially the dispersant Corexit and its known effects on biologicals, and the fact that they (BP) were told to stop and did not.

So up pops the thoughts of a Race of Beings that would come to claim their creations and of course all their lovely Gold and I got this sinking feeling inside. Could they have let this happen only to purposely poison the waters, eliminating millions of fish, thousands of turtles, and hundreds of mammals in an attempt at preventing the Annunaki from setting up a home away from home? Forcing them to at least set up shop elsewhere?

This thought sickens me about as much as them just being self-serving and apathetic to the rest of the World. Now to think that they would deliberate ruin, no destroy, just to keep their precious lives. It is like a bad Sci-Fi movie where the humans scorch the sky in an attempt to ward off an enemy. Sick and disgusting thought at any rate, but they certainly are capable.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Nibiru or no nibiru, from what 'I' understand.....there is an extremely powerful set of electro-magnetic pulse waves of which are headed Earth's way by the end of 2012 of which will likely cause a disruption in the magnetic poles of the Sun. Multiple asteroids will precede the wave itself. The source of these pulsewaves are from way beyond our own galaxy far, Afar away. The origin or catalyst is believed to be the result of the death of a neutron star or an imploded Sun of which has a massive impact on the space which bounds it. Many stars, planets as well as the rest of the cosmos will be greatly affected by this activity. These 'super pulse waves' will cause a Solar coronal mass ejection of which will massively affect the Earth's ozone layer, the protective magnetic field while paralyzing the Earth's electric grid, causing massive earthquakes, volcanism, tsunamis, powerful hurricanes, tornados and lightning.....etc.

See Beryllium 10, Carbon 14, ice core samples, terra stratum, south pole observatory and other observatory data for more.....if you find the will. Take 'notice' of the scattered warnings etched in stone as well as enscribed in papyrous found throughout the planet. There are enough pieces of the puzzle found here on ATS to put this picture together.

So the 'storms' are Arising. When all is done, the sun just might Rise in the West. It is obvious alot of details were left out here though if one finds the need to learn more about the situation, google on for more. It's out there for the discriminating. Try to prepare yourselves for the h~our~glass is right on time.

Perhaps project bluebeam (most probably will involve holograms combined with man-made UFOs as well as some 'unexpected' ET UFOs) is to precede these storms for means of controlling the worlds population before the storms arrive. Many biological samples have been and will continue to be collected prior to the 'cataclysm'. These samples are collected to be used as starseeds for a new creation on distant planets with similar symbiotic biospheric conditions. Those power that be figures apparently are concerned about the mass hysteria and premature breakdown of civilization itself.

I believe now is the time to reveal this information in Order that the 'folks' may take whatever measures necessary to prepare themselves and their family for the fallout.
Truth Is stranger than fiction.
I'm sure the ATS community understands this well.
Some long term members are quite-quiet for a Reason.
I believe I understand.

'Good evening'.
.....with temperence
and a prAyer.....

edit on 20-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
hey....

to top the halo reach thing off, i've been reading up on halo's story, and as of now, after halo reach, captian chef, and someone else are stuck on earth with a fast approching planet. because they didn't escapse threw the protal in time,

they have characters with names like Truth, they called one of the races the flood, and they call spacecrafts ships

edit on 19-9-2010 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join