It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More votes than voters in Shelby Co. TN - and most were in large Republican districts...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Just a sign of things to come this election cycle:

Consultants examining the Aug. 5 Shelby County election found 3,221 more votes than voters on documents provided by Shelby County elections officials pursuant to a court order. Most voterless votes were found in large Republican precincts, a non-random distribution. The inspection team sought and obtained documents in connection with a lawsuit filed by ten defeated candidates over irregularities in the election.

LINK to article

Everyone would be well-served by reading this report. It doesn't matter what your political leanings are...

edit on 18/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

edit on 9/18/2010 by atlguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

You're correct in saying that this article is important no matter what political leanings you are. The reason you're correct in this is that the "article" doesn't mention if the extra votes were for republican or democrats.

That's also the reason why your title implies that it does matter to you and highlights your intentions with this thread. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... did you get the link from a left leaning website?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Sounds to me like another stolen election is on the horizon. I wonder if we will need the supreme court to decide all future elections, if so I guess that will be the end of democracy as we once knew it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by atlguy

You're correct in saying that this article is important no matter what political leanings you are. The reason you're correct in this is that the "article" doesn't mention if the extra votes were for republican or democrats.

That's also the reason why your title implies that it does matter to you and highlights your intentions with this thread. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... did you get the link from a left leaning website?

Did you read the link? It's from an electronic-voting watchdog group with no political leanings. Your comment of who the extra votes were for is moot because the actual voting records are sealed.

The title of my thread was taken directly from the website and is based in factual research.

edit on 9/18/2010 by atlguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

this has been going on now for a few election cycles...that's why i'm not surprised. like the old adage goes...it's not who votes, it's who counts the votes.
there are/or were many youtube videos that showed how easy it was to change a 51 to 49 % win, to a 49 to 51 % loss. a simple program requiring a few clicks of the mouse, and VOILA!! a different result.
oh, and by the way, the U. S. still has the same vote machine companies under contract..it is sad really. i've written letters to congressmen and senators, but they have been non-believers, bribed, or threatened, in my opinion. and this post proves that it is still going on in 2010.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by atlguy

As an aside, if you go and look at the County's results page, you'll see that it pretty much was a Republican sweep of every race. Draw your own conclusions.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Does it say if they found any they forgot about in the trunk of a car? Both sides cheat, and always will..............there can never be a fair election until the way it is done can't be compromised. I can't think of a way of doing that though, because both sides will always have someone to manipulate numbers for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yeah.. electronic voting machines means "instant corruption".

I would prefer an identity proof voter card or drivers license myself.

Paper ballots were bad enough but now with electronic voting machines, fraud is so much easier (for either side).

It is not a one party issue by far. Chicago has had this issue for 50 years.

It should not be difficult to have one SSN number, one vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think vote counting should be done by actual people for one! We hire census workers to walk the country let's hire some way out there people like Rachel Maddow and Rush limbaugh. Sit em both at a table and have em count the votes one by one, say it out loud and let a live camera feed go on during the whole process for each local district. Multiple angles too so each part can have watchdog citzen groups keeping tabs. Down with electronic voting

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, non POLITICAL YOU SAID RIGHT?

Look here folks, the people behind this have been called out by Daily Kos. You heard right, they were called out by Daily Kos for hurting the progressive agenda.

Take a look-www.bradblog.com...

Markos Moulitsas and the band of self-important anonymous losers that he's allowed to dominate the front page at the world's largest supposedly-Progressive blogsite continue their cowardly march towards full self-destruction. Today's example comes by way of a comment from the anonymous (read: cowardly) "DHinMI", one of the loudest, most obnoxious and knowledge-challenged of Kos' stable of front-page sidekicks hell-bent on further discrediting the once-prestigious website:

Wow, someone saying the Daily Kos is not progressive enough. WOW.

Anyway, the photos are what? Can hardly make anything out on them. As for the article, any references in it? Nope, no way to verify anything.

Wow, where did they get the info and all the photos from?

ANYWAY, nice try painting them as NON PARTISAN.

You do know how the internet works don't you?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Are you replying to the correct thread? Check your link on BradBlog, - it even says the following:

While barreling westward across the Great Plains yesterday, I received an urgent text message from Bev Harris of the non-partisan election integrity watchdog organization BlackBoxVoting.org.

My link was/is to the story on BlackBoxVoting.org

Where did you get a link to DKOS in my original post?! Here is the link, again, to save you the tedium of scrolling up. LINK

Quit looking to have your conservative ego wounded by phantom issues and concentrate on what is happening.

edit on 9/18/2010 by atlguy because: clarification

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Internet feuds are silly and pointless.

Regardless, Republicans steal elections. I don't see anything out of the unusual here.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Question, I suppose you could find me her ever stating, that a vote tampering was done to help a democrat?

Probably not.

I am sure she has looked into the Acorn debacle, RIGHT?

Please, show me her "non partisan" investigation into that.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The West believes that it must always monitor non-Western nations to make sure their elections were free and fair. But only watchdog groups monitor our elections, we see what happens when this is all we have for transparency.

We should let international organizations monitor our elections and even, shall I say it.... Foreign Countries.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I can't draw my own conclusions because we don't know who the votes were for.

Just because a person wins doesn't mean they cheated, it could be that the opposition was so worried they was going to lose that they tried to buffer their votes with fake ones so as to try and snatch a victory.

Cheaters don't always win.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Gotta agree with Mioir. I say we invite Canadians to come down and watch the elections.

All for that, instead of groups funded by WHOM?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Misoir

Gotta agree with Mioir. I say we invite Canadians to come down and watch the elections.

They are funded by people who are partisan and have an agenda. How can we even trust the SCOTUS on such issues when they are divided Conservative/Liberal. They will 9 times out of 10 choose the side they want to win regardless of the facts.

When we let in neutral foreign parties to monitor our elections we are guaranteed to recieve the most honest results. That is probably why neither side would ever support that idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Misoir

Isn't that free market???

Anyways

I agree, lets get the Canadians here -

Anyone who makes excuses for this is a fascist

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

It sounds like ACORN and SEIU were at it again, fabricating voters, and busing people in from other states.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by atlguy

It sounds like ACORN and SEIU were at it again, fabricating voters, and busing people in from other states.

Do you always have to be so partisan? Instead of pointing fingers how about we try and think of something constructive to solve the problem.

I guess instead of using our heads we can just use our mouths (since we are online I guess I should say fingers).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join