It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Your Meat (animal activism)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This is a documentary for meat eaters.

A documentary about factory farming created by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), narrated by Alec Baldwin, and directed by Bruce Friedrich and Cem Akin. The documentary exposes some of the horrific cruelty within modern animal agriculture (also known as industrial agriculture or factory farming).

WARNING: Contains a large amount of Reality.

Google Video Link
]

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have nothing against meat, I eat it, I enjoy it, I shop local and I know where it comes from. I also am able to take advantage of family and friends who hunt and fish. I generally do not support PETA in any way. However, farmed and/or factory meat, especially situations like this, are abhorrent and dangerous. People need to be aware of it and not support it at any cost. I'm reminded of the book Slaughterhouse and if anyone is interested in this topic, it is a book that should be on their list to read.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I want my steak rare please.

Thanks!

Delicious, i love it www.somethingaintright.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have seen the meet your meat video a long time ago and there is no way I'm going to click to see it again.

I am amazed that being the animal lover that I am, that I am not a vegetarian.

There are some horrendous things going on in those factories that people should be aware of. There is a humane way of doing things and there is no excuse for out and out cruelty.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whimsical

PETA's message is superb and logical. However, they're a flawed organization for sure.

I have nothing against meat eaters but I hope the documentary educates those who are unaware what exactly goes on in slaughterhouses.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

No it's not, it's a documentary for vegetarians as further evidence to themselves that they are morally superior to those whose choices they would prevent if they had the power.

Even if I am opposed to modern farming methods, of ALL foodstuffs I am not going to just stop eating food.
I've seen all this before, from fanatic hare Krishna's who also wanted me to not eat onions or garlic or engage in sexual acts with my partner if not attempting conception.And not use toilet paper but bathe after the toilet.I just couldn't convince my boss to replace the toilets with showers.

They thought it was OK to consume commercial dairy though, that's a gift from cows.I guess the cows must have told them.Funny they didn't show me any films about the modern dairy industry.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why do these threads ALWAYS bring out the smug "ME Human ME eat meat, DROOOL" idiots?

I guess the only way to handle the realities of how the food they eat is produced, is to ignore it and make jokes about it. Small minds can't go beyond "Oooh I sawed an UfO and I were abucteds..."

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

You obviously have a misconception about the film. I advise you to actually watch it instead of bashing it. It could change your mind about a few things.

Thanks and Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ME Human ME eat meat, DROOOL

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This lap top has no sound.Before I go get my other one, set it up and set my internet up on it could you just give me an idea about how it may differ from the 15 or so doccos I've seen on modern meat and poultry production that I have seen?

From the still shot visible on screen it SEEMS identical to others, which outline
The living conditions
The hygiene
The drugs
The slaughter methods
The after slaughter processing
And the morals

If this particular docco brings to light any brand new footage or angles let me know and I'll make an effort.
If not, Iv'e seen it all before.
The truth is unless my family from Oz gets an income increase of about 40 or 50% we cannot afford to buy all our food on a moral basis.
cage eggs $3 a dozen freerange $6 -$7
Chicken $11- 12kg
Free range $22
Bananas $3 a kilo Organic $7 a kg. And so on.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
While I agree that this is absolutely horrible, I'm not ready to give up meat. I need meat and don't feel right without meat at least once a day. With that being said, I wish I could kill my own meat, though government forces me to ask permission first (can't really kill the King's animals without his blessing), then I can only do so in certain "seasons" and after paying for the privilege. Some people aren't hunt at all or even raise animals other than your normal dog and cat.

This kind of thing is what happens when the planet becomes so populated. I think the problem is both with government and population.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Eating meat is healthy in the short term, but if you want long-term health, and to minimize your chances of getting cancer or a whole host of other chronic illnesses, the science strongly suggests that animal proteins are strongly correlated with an increase in the incidence of these illnesses, while plants and whole foods were strongly correlated with a decrease in them.

I know you're probably thinking either
1) BS! or
2) I've seen studies which contradict that...

Unfortunately for meat eaters, the largest epidemiological study ever conducted on long-term nutrition concluded the above correlations between diet and disease. I strongly suggest checking it out. Link below.

The China Study

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Vegetarians do live longer, it's just a fact that many meat eaters rather refuse to believe in..

After all, most of them are just drooling mindless savages. Enjoy your BBQs...we'll enjoy life.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Wouldn't that serve you well?
If the savages die out earlier you have to put up with us for less time.

Your apparent amusement at the early death of humans seems at odds with your intolerance of animal death.
Dead chicken = bad
dead "savage" = funny

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Vegetarians do live longer, it's just a fact that many meat eaters rather refuse to believe in..

After all, most of them are just drooling mindless savages. Enjoy your BBQs...we'll enjoy life.

Back in the middle ages people's life spans were very short because they did not understand that protein from meat was essential to live healthy... People died at 40 years old back then... It is true a lot of different non animal foods have protein also, but not in the quantity needed, and vegetable proteins are not a total substitute for meat protein..
The industrial revolution began only after this was learned and people started to live longer because of making meat available to the common people..

I don't have enough information yet to take your statement as a fact, but I will research it more... I am against any animal being raised in inhumane conditions though... In the USA for example, If you own a horse and don't feed it enough, they will come and seize it from you and cite you for animal cruelty, and rightly so in most cases.. but officials have abused this power many times.. What I don't understand is why they don't shut down meat processers more often for similar abuses of animals, especially inhumane raising environment and cruel ways of killing the animals for food.. Most legit USA and Canadian farmers and meat processors always use strict (so called) humane ways of doing that....

The bottom line I think is that being a vegitarian requires a person to be very very educated about nutrition without meat in the diet for that person to remain healthy..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Absolutely. To live a healthy life, you must be educated.
Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

Troll is obviously trolling.

Go somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Meat is disgusting to eat, once you see it you can't touch it anymore.
It's flesh, you are eating flesh of some forsaken animal. We are not that dumb anymore, we know it's flesh but we keep on eating it. When I see those animals suffer I think of how would it be for a human to go thru that and then also get killed. Put your self in the animals shoes, it's not regarding religion or anything of the sort, just what you see. I gave meat up because I chose to. It's just wrong to my knowlege.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

i'm no savage

i'm a smug idiot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join