It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Behind UFO Sightings and the U.S. Air Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The Truth Behind UFO Sightings and the U.S. Air Force

USNEWS

Are UFOs a mirage, conjured up by the Air Force to obscure classified flight projects? In part, argues Mark Pilkington, a British journalist and filmmaker who writes about society's oddities. In Mirage Men: An Adventure into Paranoia, Espionage, Psychological Warfare, and UFOs, he makes a persuasive case that much UFO-logy canon was started or encouraged by the government trying to conceal Cold War military projects. He recently chatted with U.S. News about the origins and effects of UFO mytholo
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by grey580 because: bad link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting article. Especially when he talks about project bluebook.

Bluebook being a project to see how visible the U-2 spyplane was to observers on the ground.

And also the project Palladium. Where they could they could project blips onto other radar screens. This one sounds like a load of crap to me. but whatever.

Interesting stuff.

USNEWS
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by grey580 because: wrong link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

from news snippet:

Are UFOs a mirage, conjured up by the Air Force to obscure classified flight projects?

no.

sincerely,
et, usaf (retired)

edit on 16-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: 11 years stationed @ nellis afb, fire fighter ..... of course, i could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Its a massive coverup the other way, now they are not just ridiculing but planning on doing a softcore disclosure of a little of the black operations to try and suppress the truth? ETs are way over their heads.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We are in stage 1. UFOs are there simply to get people talking and speculating on the possibility of extraterrestrial life.
At this stage, there will be no smoking gun, no white house lawn landings, etc...just alot of safe grey area stuff to get the minds of greater society considering the possibility

Stage two will go from possibly to probably

stage three will go from probably to smoking gun evidence (still no white house landing)

stage four will be a meet and greet...and it wont be on earth..it will be in cyberspace, or real space.

This is the basic plan on how to integrate any civilization into a galactic community...for now, we are still 70% theist society that would all but flip out if they found out the truth....so for now, just unconfirmed reports, dodgy photos, accounts by some people with no evidence to back it up, and alot of sci-fi stories to put it into the public speculation.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That last post has a ring of truth about it...Id say we are aproaching the cusp of stage 2 by the way.....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It all starts with Nazi advanced aeronautics engineer Andreas Epp. He designed a "flying saucer" prototype and then the Nazis turned it into a black project after they understood its potential.

Then the Soviets swept through Germany and so the prototypes were bombed on the runway by the SS to protect the technology. However after the war the Soviets and Americans divided and acquired Nazi engineers to build their own advanced weaponry. The Soviets acquired Epp, and he built new prototypes for them. Then around 1947, scout craft were spotted over Washington state and one crashed around Roswell for various reasons.

The American government recovered the crashed craft and created a cover story about "aliens" and just as expected, most Americans turned hysterical about aliens.

And that's that. It's all very well documented if people actually take a minute to look it up instead of assuming that aliens are flying around

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just couldnt read all of that article cause its just too much BS for my brain... Lies and disinformation just gets me sick and dizzy....

Whoever believes in that article needs to check their heads out... too much bull# isnt healthly

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"we are still 70% theist society that would all but flip out if they found out the truth"

Why is that when a higher percentage believe in et?

top topics

join