It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Draw Muhammad' Cartoonist Goes Into Hiding at FBI's Insistence After Assassination Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

'Draw Muhammad' Cartoonist Goes Into Hiding at FBI's Insistence After Assassination Threat

www.foxnews.com

The Seattle cartoonist whose artwork sparked the controversial "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day!" has gone into hiding at the advice of the FBI after being targeted by a radical Muslim cleric, according to the newspaper that published her comics
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Now for some she deserves it, But to many others myself included, this is freedom of speech. Call me an Islamphobic, that is fine, I despise Islam.

Do any of you see anything wrong with a human being having to go into hiding because she had a draw Muhammad day? And don’t say it’s just a small group of people, it isn’t with that crack pot preacher down in Florida planned a burn the Koran day, Millions protested. (which is there right) But when Newsweek printed a story say US Soldiers disrespected the Koran Millions rioted. (that was shown to be false)

Political Correctness has run amok, I don’t hear any of the "moderate" Muslims saying anything about this, most likely because there isn’t any. I may hold a draw Muhammad day, and they better hope they plant a bomb under my car, because I am a better shot then most of them could ever dream of being. Peaceful relgion, yea only if you dont draw a crackpot like Muhammad.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Look I am sorry if this offends you but, hell I am offended that she had to go into Hiding because of these radical clowns. I stand by my comments and my feelings.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Where is the condemnation for this nutjobery?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I agree with you entirely, I think that all over the world like-minded people should organise Draw-Mohamed Days and let them try and kill all of us in the name of religion and then deny that they are blood thirsty radicals intent on taking over the planet!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder if this person would have had to go into
hiding if it had been "Draw a cartoon Jewish Star"
or "Draw a Buddha head day" or even a "Draw
a cartoon Jesus" day???

This is just sad, there will come a day when we
won't be able to leave our house without offending
somebody who wants to kill us for our beliefs
and our laws.

I say send a drone strike over the clerics house
who ordered this assassination and light it up like
the 4th of July. He's a terrorist, else this person
would not be in hiding in terror.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

For sure boondock. I get tired of hearing that this is a peaceful religion, but yet none of the "Moderate" Muslims denounce this. This is America and it looks like the first amendment doesn’t count for anything anymore. You can’t offend anyone now or you may die if you do... WTF has happened to this country?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

You are wrong there sir. You just cant offend a muslim.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

You are wrong there sir. You just cant offend a muslim.

MOTF!

Why not? The creator of the draw Mohammed day was trying to prove a point, and I think she proved Islam is not as peaceful as they say they are... Unfortunately she may pay with her life.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Why not?

THAT sir is the BILLION dollar question. I guess they are better than all of us peons? IDK i call them like i see them.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nonsense, Islam is a peaceful, tolerant , loving religion!

Just ask them!

This really gets to me, and it blows me away that people cannot see this for what it really is. They say they are a tolerant religion, and some preacher threatens to burn Quran....Riots and condemnation from Muslims all over the world.........Someone draws Muhammad and gets death threats...........

While the politicians talk out both sides of their mouths "Do not condemn Islam, it is a religion of peace, but dont burn those books, we dont want soldiers getting killed" Excuse me what?

If this religion is so peaceful, then why arent all the Muslims that do not agree with this sort of thing CRYING OUT at the top of their lungs condemning this behavior?

Yet we dont hear a peep...........

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Excellent point. People are too afraid these days to be label a racist or a bigot. Forget that, call me what you want it does not matter to me. Appeasement does not work people it just makes them bolder, If a man came to us and told us he received the word of god while he was living in a cave, we would think he is a crackpot Mohammed is no different. And if that prophet wed a nine year old girl we'd throw him in jail, ask Jeff Warrens about that. Mohammed is a 6th Century thug. If a politician was to say this or someone who has more spotlight then me, they would start to receive death threats.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well here we go....

I'm all for showing respect for peoples beliefs just as I would like them to respect mine.
I do not push my beliefs on anyone [Never have, Never will]. I'm also a staunch firm believer in freedom of speech and expression even when I or my beliefs are on the receiving end of criticism and false accusations etc. I realize people have a right to their opinions and let it go. BUT when people's lives are threatened for expressing their opinions it bothers the hell out of me.

Threatening someones life over expressing their opinion sounds an awful like totalitarianism. I thought the World decided almost unanimously when Communism bit the dust that Earth was done with it? I guess some missed the mainline bus the majority of the planet took towards unification of mankind and instead are riding the short bus of intolerance.

edit on 16-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I had nothing better to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This thread is totally relevant and shows that some (not all, but many) muslims are hugely intolerant - despite what they, their apologists and appeasers say.

Unfortunately, what you'll mostly see in the way of responses is the "not all muslims" deflection attempt.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Interesting tidbit: her page is still up on FB (Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!) along with all the submissions people have sent in... There is a note on there now linking to the article that the FBI suggested she disappear. Quite a few people will know about this situation by now and these threats will only continue to divide us. People are going to take sides at some point and I would not be surprised if it was situations like Molly's and the dudes from South Park that will have a greater impact on the general public than any politician making a speech or nut-job preacher who seeks to incite hatred. It's the people the public deems innocent, those who may seek to make a point, but who have every right to do so, who will draw much attention to the religion and what may be just under the surface...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
sorry but I have a different view. I find this similar to the scenario of you and your buddy being out and about and you run across a group of big guys and you decide to mouth off and provoke the biggest guy in the group. When the big guy and his buddies come charging in on you, you look to your buddy and say "aren't you gonna do something"?

Does she have the right to draw and say what's on her mind? of course! BUT she also must accept consequences of her CHOSEN actions. She's an adult and she fully knew that even doing a satirical piece could insight some type of anger over it. She made her bed and now she's not only lying in it, she is running, changing her name and is in fear for her life. I bet she's thinking..."I should have just drawn a couple of dogs joking about that cat over there".

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You're not the only one who sees something wrong with this picture. A cartoon of muhammad is no different than one of Jesus, Santa Clause or Obama and little to no fuss is made over those. Some people in this world just need to understand that it's ok if someone believes differently than you do. It's ok if they have an opinion you don't like. And it's ok if they voice the opinion. What's not ok is threatening to kill someone over their opinion. I disagree with people all the time, but you'll never see me threaten to kill them over it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by boondock-saint

For sure boondock. I get tired of hearing that this is a peaceful religion, but yet none of the "Moderate" Muslims denounce this. This is America and it looks like the first amendment doesn’t count for anything anymore. You can’t offend anyone now or you may die if you do... WTF has happened to this country?

The opinions of moderate don't make as good a story as "EVIL MUSLIMS AT IT AGAIN WITH THEIR HATRED OF ALL THINGS YOU HOLD DEAR!!!!". The MSM isn't there to be informative, it's there to make their shareholders $$$.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Ah, my favorite excuse again. I wondered when this would show up, here. Every single time a situation in which Islam is made to look "bad" there is someone who will explain the actions away as MSM propaganda.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Where is the condemnation for this nutjobery?

That got a star from me. The world would likely be a more peaceful place if the non-nuts went about condemning the various nutjobery that goes on around the planet - regards of the social, political, sexual, philosophical or religious views of the nut.

I'm pretty much convinced the non-nuts of the world outnumber the nuts by a wide margin. Yet, the nuts seem to get all the hype, attention, publicity and make the world jump at their whims.

Something seems out of whack there to me.

<<   2 >>

join