It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that Martin Luther King Jr assassination was a conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
MLK's son to this day maintains that his father was assassinated by CIA, FBI, possibly Memphis police, and.or Mafia. The killer of MLK, James Earl Ray, although pleaded guilty at first, has recanted his statements and maintained that he is innocent until his death in 1998.

Certainly MLK was a key figure in 50's and 60's, whose power TPTB could not manipulate to their benefit. I don't think people like MLK simply get assassinated by some loony bins who disagree with them or simply do not like them. Anyway, this is a subject I have not read anything about here on ATS nor anywhere else. What do you thinks? Was MLK silenced for a greater purpose than what the public is being led to believe?

PS, if there ever was a true prophet in the name of God in any recent history, I do believe MLK would be him.

edit on 8-9-2010 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I doubt any agency would have killed such a great and popular man. It would just make him a martyr and strengthen his cause. Which it did.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig

I doubt any agency would have killed such a great and popular man. It would just make him a martyr and strengthen his cause. Which it did.

I don't think it did. I think the simple part of his message was already accomplished, but he spoke of freedom for all mankind.
Where would this lead?
I think he was stopped before he could do real damage, the same as was done to John Lennon.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
His outspokenness against the Vietnam war made him many enemies. MLK was also hated by FBI director Hoover. Hoover waged a one-sided war against Martin Luther King. The FBI also infiltrated other Negro-organizations and tried to discredit them. Most black and hispanic leaders who wanted to uplift their brothers and sisters are today either dead or in jail.

From December 1963 until his death in 1968, Martin Luther King, Jr. was the target of an intensive campaign by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to "neutralize" him as an effective civil rights leader. In the words of the man in charge of the FBI's "war" against Dr. King:

No holds were barred. We have used [similar] techniques against Soviet agents. [The same methods were] brought home against any organization against which we were targeted. We did not differentiate. This is a rough, tough business.

www.icdc.com...

Evidence of Revision is a great documentary series, which shows historical footage usually without a narrator. The Series altered my perception of the past. Part 6 of this series is about MLK.

Google Video Link

edit on 8-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Now John Lennon I am skeptical about... he was into mysticism. One of his "heroes" was Aliester Crowley, who, if I can trust my research, was an MI5 (or was it 6) agent and tried to "subvert" the society to his "do what thou wilt" doctrine (which is eerily similar to what Satanists believe in). Connecting these dots leads me to believe that John Lennon was actually doing TPTB's bidding with his music and lifestyle which obviously had a strong impression on the youth of the day. If you subscribe to the belief that music is "satanic" and/or "ritualistic" then Lennon's music definitely fits this description. Anyway, I hope I did not piss a whole lot of people. A lot of Beatles fans out there. I enjoy their music too to some degree, but I sense subversion tactics therein.

EDIT: but that's another topic onto itself. Lennon's assassination still bothers me as I see him, and almost every other popular musician out there, as being on "their" side.

edit on 8-9-2010 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if Hoover was behind it. Hoover was a power crazed nut, didn't follow the law .
He thought he was the law. He hated MLK, was a racist nut and certainly capable of orchestrating murder.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Totally understood. Then again, you asked what I thought, so there it was.

As for the Beatles, maybe Paul, but not the rest of them, LOL. Oh, and maybe Yoko.
Give John a chance!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A jury in Memphis had ruled in a civil trial, that MLK's assassination was a result of a conspiracy, involving elements within the United States government. This story about this shocking verdict has been suppressed by the MSM.

Perhaps the lesson of the King assassination is that our government understands the power of nonviolence better than we do, or better than we want to. In the spring of 1968, when Martin King was marching (and Robert Kennedy was campaigning), King was determined that massive, nonviolent civil disobedience would end the domination of democracy by corporate and military power. The powers that be took Martin Luther King seriously. They dealt with him in Memphis.

Thirty-two years after Memphis, we know that the government that now honors Dr. King with a national holiday also killed him. As will once again become evident when the Justice Department releases the findings of its "limited re-investigation" into King's death, the government (as a footsoldier of corporate power) is continuing its cover-up -- just as it continues to do in the closely related murders of John and Robert Kennedy and Malcolm X

www.ratical.org...

William Pepper the former attorney for James Earl Ray, and attorney for the King family was on democracy now and discussed this case.
www.democracynow.org...

edit on 8-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I believe MLK JR. was murdered. MLK had many supporters and many enemy's. Later when he was turning more into a radical at the end of his life and Malcolm X was becoming more peaceful. With today's interpenetration you would only guess someone from the KKK or the Nation of Islam who were against unsegregation with White people. If I recall MLK was coined a Communist for his actions in life. Even the KKK website still labels MLK as a Communist. Yet MLK was not influenced by politics.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
It wouldn't surprise me if Hoover was behind it. Hoover was a power crazed nut, didn't follow the law .
He thought he was the law. He hated MLK, was a racist nut and certainly capable of orchestrating murder.

Don't forget Hoover was also a cross-dresser. People with power are so mentally unstable. It must be that power corrupts.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by OldDragger

Don't forget Hoover was also a cross-dresser. People with power are so mentally unstable. It must be that power corrupts.

Hoover was the one to coin MLK as a communist. So you can say he did not like MLK philosophy in life.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
MLK was murdered by various factions within the government.Like another poster said once he voiced his oppsition to the vietnam war he was killed then you throw in the poor people's campaign and it was only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hoover was just a total racist if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Maybe so! I would have to look at his bio online and see for myself.
Second line

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Here is Martin Luther King's great, timeless anti-war speech.

long version:
www.americanrhetoric.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Just imagine if MLK was the president of this nation..

it's hilarious seeing people compare that shallow puppet of a politician Obama to the timeless prophet of Truth MLK. The two could not be any more different.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I enjoy the idealistic, revisionist history.

Hoover was a cross dressing queer and out of control bureaucrat of a national police agency.

Rev. MLK was a communistic, womanizing man who spoke one way and lived another.

Malcolm X was an extremist who found his calling and became a man of God, and was murdered for this.

The only thing in common with Hoover and King is that neither could do today what they did back then, as there are too many people who have the ability to report what they saw on internet sites such as this one or take pictures or video with cell phones.

MLK's son still has a hero complex with his father and finds it impossible to believe that a lone person can kill another regardless of who that person is. Besides, he has found you can still make money by invoking his father's name.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I enjoy the idealistic, revisionist history.

Rev. MLK was a communistic, womanizing man who spoke one way and lived another.

The accusation, that Martin Luther King Jr. was a communist was created and spread by the FBI. Like all such accusations, they tend to stick, even when retracted. Here is a video of the Church Committee Hearing in 1978.

The FBI agents admit under oath (starts at about 2:55) before the committee, that MLK

was targeted with surveillance,intimidation and a massive smear-campaign, although he himself:
was never charged with violence or crimes
never participated in violence or crimes
was never suspect of being a communist

If you believe that those FBI agents are wrong or lie under oath - could you show me one speech or action taken by Martin Luther King Jr. , which shows that he is a communist? Can you show me one speech, where he is moralizing against adultery?

The FBI's smear-campaign didn't prevent MLK to stand up for the things he believed in. He had a weakness for women. I believe this doesn't diminish his achievements and sacrifice. The FBI illegally used secret wiretaps from MLKs meetings with other women. They used them with the intent to destroy his personal live. They failed. His wive, family and friends stood by him.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Drunkenshrew because: grammar and typos

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
MLK was a womanizer? (not that there is anything wrong with that). any link for further reading on this??!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
MLK was a womanizer? (not that there is anything wrong with that). any link for further reading on this??!

linky

enjoy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join