It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gillard pledges $9.9b for rural Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Newly elected prime minister Julia Gillard has pledged benefits of $9.9 billion for regional Australia to secure the support of two key independents.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Labour has now formed Goverment in Australia..

Am I paranoid or is this article basically an admission that Labour put in the better bid/bribe to gain the support of these Independants?

We are not sure if there were any backroom deals as far as positions for these independants go, but it is still a crime in my eyes to bribe your way into power...

Sheesh, rant over..Now I'll just see how my taxs are affected to pay for all of Labours promises...On top of these bribes..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Newly elected prime minister Julia Gillard has pledged benefits of $9.9 billion for regional Australia to secure the support of two key independents.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Labour has now formed Goverment in Australia..

Am I paranoid or is this article basically an admission that Labour put in the better bid/bribe to gain the support of these Independants?

I say they did, Labour has deep pockets because they are backed by the unions. No one in there right mind would have voted Labour unless they have no idea about whats going on in politics.... which i guess half of our population doesn't or just doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I didnt vote Labour but thats really not my point...

My point is poloticians/goverments get away with bribery..
They clearly show it in the news on a daily basis..

If an individual or a company did that, they would be arrested and charged..

In this case you could also put forward an argument that the Independents blackmailed the Goverment...

Any way you look at it, it would NOT be tolerated outside of polotics...

I will add, this is also relevant in many other countries...

When will people wake up to this crap???

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Very True, Governments are full of corruption, blackmail and bribery. The biggest problem is Politicians work for the corporations to line their own pockets and not for the people.
Your right about the independents blackmailing in the government also, I know the reasons the Greens gave their seat to Labour is because Gillard would introduce their polices.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Why wouldn't she? The greens want a carbon tax...

According to the Greens we shouldn't be allowed to mow our lawns..

But its the blatant breaking of laws, televised on MSN that has me beat..
And the sheeple don't seem to get it..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I agree with all of the above, what a shameful display we have had for 17 days.

These 3 (or it seems 2) 'independants' milked every drop they could out of this situation, even down to their decision announcement. 40 minutes about their family historys etc etc, crap on & on !!! Why did we not hear about this $9.9B before ?? We heard a lot about the Libs $1B for a hospital, & the excuse to turn it down was "this isnt about funding". I see $8.9B that says it was.

I wonder how humiliated all those "Vote Green to send the 2 majors a message" people are now ? How ignorant to not realise a vote for the Greens was a vote for the unions, sorry, I mean Labor.

I hate elections but I hope we're back to the polls ASAP.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think its telling when one of the final two stooges said they backed labour cause they are less likely to call an early election because they would lose. So they are saying we go against the democratic principal and we will help the less popular party form government because that will keep us in a job longer. If they went liberal Abbott may have called an early election to get a mandate without the independants and that would be democracy so we'll have none of that.

Carbon tax here we come. Everyone get ready to place the noose around your necks and on the count of 3 jump.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Titan Uranus]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
[My point is poloticians/goverments get away with bribery..
They clearly show it in the news on a daily basis..

Cue in the Wollongong city council

Im kind of glad labour won, mainly because I think its the lesser of 2 evils. We had no half decent candidates for this one, and I think very little of Tony Abbot. He seemed as though he wanted to bring his religious view point into politics....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm reading all great political points that are valid but,

the point of this thread is to point out the "Illegal" nature of the political system..

Labour,Liberal,Greens or Nationals, I don't care...

Its the fact that "any" party (which are really companies) can use "tax payers" money (that they haven't got the power to give till elected) to outright "bribe" others to win power....

Its just mindblowing.....And the sheeple lap it up on TV and say about time!!

top topics

join