It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Bush 50, Obama 42

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I live in Ohio and I NEVER ever hear anyone praise Bush or want him back. However I've heard tons of people praise Obama.

Polls/statistics are garbage.

People will say whatever is the popular opinion when engaging in social interactions. Actually, polls/statistics are not garbage. People show their true feelings when they can be anonymous.

If you want to talk opinions, I live in an ultra liberal city, where its considered hip to be on the democrat band wagon with all the so called "celebrities."
My own uncle donated over $100,000 to Obama's campaign, thinking he was doing the country a great service by basically purchasing "change." Well, he admits now that he was swindled and wants his money back. When life long liberal democrats are feeling tricked by voting for Obama, you know hes not living up to expectations.

And personally, I think whoever is in office DOES make a difference, to an extent of course. Its a difference in policy, in spending etc etc. Im sure they all answer to the secret overlord or whatever, but they sure can screw up a lot of things if they want to.

I honestly think its time for a true "change." People need to stop paying taxes, protest, demonstrate our need for regime change. I say vote out all incumbents.

Ive always felt that if a man truly WANTS to be president then he is probably the last person who should hold the office.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Originally posted by MrXYZ
People's memories are short

That is not true... We all remember things being a lot better under Bush...
can anybody honestly say things are better now... (except the people who have the "things I like," on Facebook and only a picture of Obama to fill the section ... who would still love him, even If they we're living in a dumpster. everything these Idiots do makes things worst.

they were a lot betters, until 2007 - when his mismanagement of a fairly strong nation
reached critical mass. Are you so foolish or partisan as to not be able to recognize the connection between Bush and todays circumstance???

Nevermind, it's obvious, GO TEAM!!!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

My own uncle donated over $100,000 to Obama's campaign, thinking he was doing the country a great service by basically purchasing "change." Well, he admits now that he was swindled and wants his money back. When life long liberal democrats are feeling tricked by voting for Obama, you know hes not living up to expectations.

But what did he expect? I can't imagine anyone giving that much money without specific expectations that affect their lives and/or business.

I realize people put Obama on a pedestal and had expectations.

Were those expectations within the realm of reality?

I know I voted for Bush his first term because one of his promises was to help small businesses. Didn't happen. And today - - its pretty clear (to me) that the "Bush Machine" cared only about Big Corporations.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I live in Ohio and I NEVER ever hear anyone praise Bush or want him back. However I've heard tons of people praise Obama.

Polls/statistics are garbage.

People tend to only hang with people who agree with them. Modern Polls are pretty accurate.

This does not mean anyone wants Bush back, it just means they see Obama as being worse than Bush and I agree.

Just look at this last week. Obama opposed the Surge. The Surge worked, so he was wrong. He pulls the troop out at the same time Bush's plan would have pulled them out and he takes credit? This clown could not tell the truth if he wanted too. We have a compulsive liar in the White House. He lies even when there is no benefit to lying.

Bush / Obama - just one bad President followed by another bad President. Add Pelosi and Reid to the mix and you get a dark future until the damage they have done is undone.

One thing I think is for sure, Obama is a one term President.

Our only real hope right now is that a Third Party Candidate somehow pops up who can pull off the impossible. I don't see a single person on the horizon I'd vote for. Good people don't even bother to run.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I suppose this clip should sum up the opinion in Ohio and a growing number of other states as well.

Picture Obama as this cool looking Corvette

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I suppose this clip should sum up the opinion in Ohio and a growing number of other states as well.

One thing about the internet.

You can always find someone or something - - to "prove" your opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I couldn't resist a classic scene from one of my favorites!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I miss George W. Bush. Of course, I've missed him since Obama's first day in the office. That feeling has only increased as most of my original fears about Obama have ultimately come to fruition. The people who legitimately hated GWB aren't representative of the majority of the nation by any means. It is, and always has been, a case of the venomous side being far more voiciferous, obnoxious, and loud than the greater number of people who liked the man. There is a large percentage of people who like Bush who simply didn't feel like getting into a huge argument with his haters, so they more or less keep quiet and act like they have no strong opinion one way or the other about the issue.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You know, people voted for Obama because he was a good speaker and motivator that promised us he had the answers. Some believed him. HE did not and he does not have the ability or the answers.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by Annee

You know, people voted for Obama because he was a good speaker and motivator that promised us he had the answers. Some believed him. HE did not and he does not have the ability or the answers.

You mean he was a politician? Shocking.

He's not done yet. What he is taking on from the previous administration is Gigantuous.

What I see is a very intelligent man being methodical - studying each situation - before making an informed decision.

Sorry - he doesn't jump fast enough for what is important to you.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Annee

I couldn't resist a classic scene from one of my favorites!!

No prob. We all need the humor.

Its a debate ya know - - - had to say what I did.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Blaming Obama for the economic problems of today is like blaming the guy who replaced Hitler for the poor condition of Germany in 1946.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by spiritualzombie]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is what happens when you elect someone from American Idol (Obama).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join