It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Top-Secret Hypersonic Spy Plane

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well the one thing I never felt I figured out as much as I would have liked was the F117 companion. My hunch is either some sort of f117ish type loaded with fun EW stuff, or perhaps some sorta manta shaped planform simliar to a fully blended wing b57.

Sounds like you are describing a Quiet Bird. Me, I'll go with an angular variant on the Shooting Star.. A literal star shaped companion.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
Interesting to be star shaped as it seems to be based on the F117 which has now been retired as newer stealth is going blended wing.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

It was?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

yeah? it was? i always thought the 117 head on looked like Darth vaders helmet.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Everything old is new again....

A flat black, swept-wing drone designed to spy on China during the Cold War, part of a highly classified but largely unsuccessful CIA program, has been acquired by Sonoma County?s air museum.

Lockheed D21

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Everything old is new again....

A flat black, swept-wing drone designed to spy on China during the Cold War, part of a highly classified but largely unsuccessful CIA program, has been acquired by Sonoma County?s air museum.

Lockheed D21
I live nearby. I'll try and get some pictures..

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Bfirez
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well the one thing I never felt I figured out as much as I would have liked was the F117 companion. My hunch is either some sort of f117ish type loaded with fun EW stuff, or perhaps some sorta manta shaped planform simliar to a fully blended wing b57.

Sounds like you are describing a Quiet Bird. Me, I'll go with an angular variant on the Shooting Star.. A literal star shaped companion.

I meant Starfighter.. that is why you don't post when you are heading out the door..

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bfirez

No, there is a thread in one of the other forums that is about aircraft. Not the massacre, but the forum it is in can't be publicly linked.

Zaphod, Do you mean the LRS-B Plural? Discussion in RATS?

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

No not the LRS-B.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join