It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just seen UFO travel into space! Selby, England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If memory serves correctly, there were some UFo sightings over Drax Power Station some years ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix
If memory serves correctly, there were some UFo sightings over Drax Power Station some years ago.

wow Drax? I live right next to there...Maybe they are interested in our power sources? I know there is an RAF base not far from here, as I see Chinooks, and quite often have low flying jets buzz over my house.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKJEDIG

yep. check this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is certainly something going on here. We are viewing it right now, and it is visible for about 20 minutes. It is at the same height you described. Appears as a giant bright white 6 point star.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OK. So i checked yesterday night, and saw the ISS at 8:23, and what I saw earlier in the week was definitely not the ISS, as it behaved totally differently.

In todays Goole Times there is mention of a UFO sighting.

Could this be the start of a Selby UFO Hotspot?

I hope so - if you are reading this my Alien friends, please feel free to abduct me and take me the hell out of Selby - we havent even got KFC!!!

Seriously though, is this the start of something?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Hello everyone,

I am just wanting to see if anyone in the north Yorkshire area in England, has seen a UFO tonight. I have been seeing a lot lately and have tried to film them on my phone camera but they don't show up. Tonight however, I saw one while sat in my bedroom. I usually sit on my tub chair on a night and watch TV and the chair is right below my skylight window and I am always looking up. Around half nine pm, I noticed a bright white light slowly floating past my window, It was silent, had no flashing lights, and was low for a plane, as I have not seen a plane go past there before and doncaster sheffield airport has planes coming from the west at night and are much further away.

Anyways, I got up and shouted my fiancé, and she ran over and said wow, i said listen it's silent, and she said yeah. I got my phone out and went to film it hoping it would show up and opened the velux as wide as I could. I looked again and it was on the same trajectory but much higher. I managed to film a little of it but it was hard to get it to show up and was hard to tell if it was moving. I tried to get in the frame of the velux for comparison. My phone stopped recording on its own as i did not press stop, but sensibly I could have accidentally touched the screen without realising. I watched for another 5-10 seconds and it went up at a 75 degree angle, to the left of two stars and disappeared thing thing literally went into space. I was stunned to say the least.

If anyone else on ats saw this, please let me know and i will try and put the little piece of footage I got up tomorrow, as I'm on my ipad now.

Cheers,

Darkjedig

Hi

Seen the exact same thing in Howden on Monday night, also took a photo but didnt come out too well! This thing was very bright white, travelling easterly, too low to be a plane and making no noise.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wrighty338

that sounds very very similar to the thing i saw near newsholme /hemingbough.

what is it???

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I dunno mate, the moon is a fairly bright object in the night sky!

But thanks, i knew the ISS can be a bright object, but had no idea it can shoot up into space at about a 75 degree angle...you whacky Americans and your hair brained theories...gotta love ya for perseverance if nothing else!

Thanks, but seriously though OP, judging by the video, it could have been anything.

Any chance of borrowing some NV goggles or video gear at all? It might come back again.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by spikey]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

not a clue! strange one though. seems to be a lot of activity lately, in west yorkshire too!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live in York (Fulford) and my family and I also saw the bright white light in the sky in the evening of Tuesday 31st August, around 9.30pm.

The light was very bright - it caught my attention because it did not have any contrails and I could not hear any aircraft noise and there were no flashing lights. It was exactly as you described, and appeared to travel from West to East, as if following the A64. It was bigger than Venus, and looked as if it was above Escrick, 60 degree angle in my vision. Too large and bright for a satellite.

Took about 30-40 seconds to travel the sky in our view. And then it got to a point were it just disappeared, like a light going out. It did not change direction, and it did not disappear in the distance, just disappeared. I watched it very closely with binocculars. There were chinese lanterns over to the West, and these can't be mistaken for anything else once you know what they are

There was also another light around 10 minutes later. Twice the distance up and fainter than the first light, travelling south to north as if following the A19. My son and I watched this and as it hit the distance, it went momentarily bright, possibly brighter than the first light and then just disappeared.

I've seen similar things in the past, over on the north west coast (Wirral/river mersey), around the early 1990s.

I'm not too familiar with e.g. the flight path/times of the ISS so if anyone has any links to info that would be great! Otherwise it is just reassuring to know that others saw this light too.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I just want to add that this past Thursday, I was driving through the back roads (cant remember name of road!) going to pick my buddy up, and going past the darrington golf course, I saw a metallic shiny object floating silently over the course, about 1000ft up. The golfers on the course looked up at it also. It was by a hard right bend and I saw it for about 5 secs as I had to manouvere my massive jeep round that corner which is no easy feat. This was in daylight about 5:30 pm. I wish I could have pulled up to film it but the road in question has bushes hanging over the road and there is literally nowhere to pull up.

I am now convinced selby is a hotspot, but as said before...we don't even have a kfc! Lol I was moaning about this to the missus the other day.....oh wait.... We got a mcdonalds and crappy rip-off Frankie and bennys on bawtry road....maybe the Ufos were waiting 45 minutes for a BLT so they had a quick float around...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
more ufo related stories in todays selby times and goole times .

ATS and darkjedig get a mention!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
it was through the selby times i found this place, thought what id seen was worth a mention. but check this out!

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
some of these sightings may be the new surviellance drones that are being rolled out around the country. as i recall their operating height is around 60 metres and virtually silent. i clocked one of the critters around winter 2003 as it was making a fluttering noise that rattled some part of my ear drum. as it flew over me i remember giggling. anyway the point is they will be more advanced these days and some may emit light or reflect it.
regards fakedirt

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

are they testing military drones. or is it surveillance of civilians? if so, why?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

civilian use. not sure on the numbers yet but i speculate there will be several hundred eventually. i also expect that airtime will be available for commercial interests for example farmers who have large farms to manage.
regrads fakedirt

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I saw a cigar shaped ufo when i was in the garden, i thought it was unusually fast, i was pleased to see it mentioned in the local newspaper the next day as quite a few people had noticed it. I live at the other side of Selby, in a village called Upton and there have been a lot more reports of ufo's in the last few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join