It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Government Kills Americans - And You Love It

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

You are trolling.

The object of the OP was not "comparative evil". The objact of the OP was "The US Government kills Americans - and you love it" ATS Terms and Conditions don't allow trolling.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

OP, I am going to assume that you use the past events of war, such as WWI and WWII as your main points, stating that the American government entered or started these wars so that they could kill off soldiers in order to keep the populous to pay taxes?

You know, the anarchy thing is really getting old and looks immature. I understand that you wish to keep every hard earned dollar for your own consumptious life style, but unfortunately there are other people out there who don't mind paying modest taxes when they get services in return that assist them in their lifestyle and help others.

I would like to know how anarchy and politicians are any different? Both are extremely selfish and only self interested. If you believe that American went to war just to kill it's own citizens and keep the rest of the people paying taxes, I would suggest you crack open a history text book. (Or are those corrupted too?)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Do you get angry when other United States citizens have great pride in their country?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the poster you are responding to is a US citizen. NE of Indy?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
you're right.... I LOVE IT!!!!

KILL, KILL, KILL

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Do you get angry when other United States citizens have great pride in their country?

I don't think this poster you are responding to is a US citizen. NE of Indy?

Typical of a 20 something education.
Indy is the shortened form of Indianapolis.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

well you assume alot...so should too assume cause you are typing at a computer that is what you are doing all day also.I live as i say i do...I travel all over the world and i live in many of these nations.
I did not once say it was just americans...so no need to take offense so quickly now is there.

I will be going back to the midde east soon but not behind the barrel of a gun.

And if you think your helping then i am afraid you are sadly mistaken..you tell me if someone was in America invading your space you would then retaliate in any way possible also.

i speak arabic,cantonese and getting well through my Mandarin.

I see what happens to people and how their goverments treat them....including your own.

Also if you actually belive that there is not actually people whom control what happens on this planet then i am afraid my friend...you are one of the sheep.

there the term BRAINWASHED is quite appropriate as that is what it is.

I did not once just imply it was just America doing this to it's people...and also i did say it is up to each and everyone of us to choose not to fight each other but i am guessing by your statements your a person that prefers to fight from behind a weapon.

America is no better or worse than anyone of the other nations of the world.

ALL goverments are puppets of the real power of the world.

The people are waking up and the powers don't like it....so i do applaud your response cause it shows how people are still blind to what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

You are trolling.

The object of the OP was not "comparaive evil". The objact of the OP was "The US Government kills Americans - and you love it" ATS Terms and Conditions don't allow trolling.

My questions are very much related to this subject. Someone came onto ATS and created a thread, which sole purpose was to demonize the United States. You ended up agree with him. When I came into this thread to defend the United States' past, you told me to go take a hike. You were not expecting an opposition with questions?

Most are quite comfortable accepting the death of their own citizens for no damned good reason. Now go back to sleep!

Personal attacks? I was only asking questions.

Even though your educational comments were not geared towards me...When it comes to my educational level, I will keep my graduate degrees out of this conversation. As long as you are willing to have an intellectual conversation, I have no problem not bringing up the two degrees I do have.

Are you going to answer the question on the previous page? Or, not?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I see a lot of questions about:

-What was my intent of the post?
-Don't countries have a right to fight back?

My intent was to show that the US federal government has needlessly killed millions of Americans.

Hence, we can conclude that the US federal government is an evil institution of force that should not be allowed to manage any aspect of our lives.

Do countries have a right to fight back? - Yes and no. Citizens who are attacked by a foreign invader have a right to expel the invader. They do not have a right to wage global war and needlessly wipe out millions upon millions of the attacking countries citizens while killing half a million of their own citizens in the process.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Hence, we can conclude that the US federal government is an evil institution of force that should not be allowed to manage any aspect of our lives.

No. We cannot come to such a reckless conclusion. After reading your dirty laundry list 'of the past', I can only conclude that the US government has had its ups and downs. What you are missing is the lessons learned from those experiences, and how they challenged our society to change over the years. You are only focusing on the events themselves; thus, you are ignoring the factor that people do learn from their errors.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

A duh?
Get to the point. So you are saying you are a citizen?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

No. We cannot come to such a reckless conclusion. After reading your dirty laundry list 'of the past', I can only conclude that the US government has had its ups and downs. What you are missing is the lessons learned from those experiences, and how they challenged our society to change over the years. You are only focusing on the events themselves; thus, you are ignoring the factor that people do learn from their errors.

All of those wars were possible because a federal government simply existed.

Just like today, we are waging endless crusades in the middle east because 19 guys supposedly flew some planes into a building.

Does an act of terrorism justify two decade long wars that have accomplished nothing?

The State is an evil actor that uses force to accomplish everything it does. It has nothing of its own. Everything that belongs to the State it has taken for itself through the use of firearms.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Just like today, we are waging endless crusades in the middle east because 19 guys supposedly flew some planes into a building.

Does an act of terrorism justify two decade long wars that have accomplished nothing?

I take it that you may be a 9/11 truther. Since you do not accept the official story, you cannot rationalize an answer for your follow-up question.

The State is an evil actor that uses force to accomplish everything it does.

All you see is evil? United States does not do anything exceptional?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

A duh?
Get to the point. So you are saying you are a citizen?

Sorry, guess I didn't break it down well enough for you.

I am NE of Indy or Indianapolis, which is in Indiana, which is a state in the USA. That would make me a red white and blue blooded American citizen. A citizen in the traditional sense of the founding fathers that embodies the idea that America SHOULD NOT become involved in "foreign entanglements"..\

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I am NE of Indy or Indianapolis, which is in Indiana, which is a state in the USA. That would make me a red white and blue blooded American citizen. A citizen in the traditional sense of the founding fathers that embodies the idea that America SHOULD NOT become involved in "foreign entanglements"..

Thanks for clearing that up. I share some of your logic; however, this thread was not about that topic. See my post above yours.

mnemeth1's intention is to demonize everything the United States government does. Even though we are struggling to learn from our mistakes, he can only see evil in everything around him.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You seem to blame everything on your federal government when in reality, Section31 was right. To conclude that your federal Government is the evil dictator and responsible for the millions of deaths of your own people is idiocy to say the least.

What would you suggest otherwise for a ruling body? A ton of municipal governments? Prepare for many more small scale civil wars. No government at all? I guess it would be safe to assume, since you are an "anarchist" that no government would be the best. I would encourage you to elaborate on how such a system would work?

There is no doubt that there is corruption in the Government and there is profit to be made in war, but to say that the American Government forcefully killed millions of it's own citizens, who, without martial law or conscription, all voluntarily fought for the state, is illogical and merely a sensationalist statement to stir up resentment for your own corrupt cause.

Please tell me how your supposed anarchist utopia, with no boundaries and full of self interest, is any different than the large handful of today's powerful and selfish politicians?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I don't need rulers.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

I am NE of Indy or Indianapolis, which is in Indiana, which is a state in the USA. That would make me a red white and blue blooded American citizen. A citizen in the traditional sense of the founding fathers that embodies the idea that America SHOULD NOT become involved in "foreign entanglements"..

Thanks for clearing that up. I share some of your logic; however, this thread was not about that topic. See my post above yours.

mnemeth1's intention is to demonize everything the United States government does. Even though we are struggling to learn from our mistakes, he can only see evil in everything around him.

I guess I have to take your word as to what the OP's "intent" is. since I do not know him that well, as you obviously do. I do know that all those American citizens who died in Viet Nam and more recently in Iraq died for no damned good reason. Evil?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by For(Home)Country

I don't need rulers.

You took your false placed anger over what happened between 2001 and now, and then you dug deeper into the history of the United States. Instead of acknowledging the lessons we have learned along the way, you painted our entire history as a nation with a broad 'evil' brush.

I do know that all those American citizens who died in Viet Nam and more recently in Iraq died for no damned good reason.

Look at it this way. Do we use these wars as a means to demoralize our country, or do we pick ourselves up and learn from them?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

My friend,
We are animals.We have barely lost our tails. How do you suppose we keep the peace?Peace always belongs to the people with the biggest clubs, sticks, (weapons). Peace has been kept like this for as long as we've been grouped together as monkeys in the trees.(without taxes)
Until a collective conscience is reached on how to NOT use violence or threat of violence to establish peace, it will be this way.
The government can't change because they are made up of people.
You aren't an anarchist, you just hate the violence. All animals use violence to establish order. We just haven't found any other way.
For people like me, a little violence was needed to direct my anger/hate/direction in life. I'm not "obedient", but I do understand the need for order for the time being.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by bad man incorporated]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bad man incorporated

My friend,
We are animals.We have barely lost our tails. How do you suppose we keep the peace?Peace always belongs to the people with the biggest clubs, sticks, (weapons). Peace has been kept like this for as long as we've been grouped together as monkeys in the trees.(without taxes)
Until a collective conscience is reached on how to NOT use violence or threat of violence to establish peace, it will be this way.
The government can't change because they are made up of people.
You aren't an anarchist, you just hate the violence. All animals use violence to establish order. We just haven't found any other way.
For people like me, a little violence was needed to direct my anger/hate/direction in life. I'm not "obedient", but I do understand the need for order for the time being.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by bad man incorporated]

How "complient" of you.

Your owner pats your little head and says, "That's a good monkey."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join