It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
First guys I hate LEO's. Up front for disclosure. Not dislike but HATE. OK that is over.

When I came on here it was to enlighten people about what was going on with LEO's. I did not do a good job but from what I have read someone else has and the word is out. Good. Now what do we do about it? You see the idea is not just to bash LEO's but to change what is happening. So here goes.

I do not have all the answers but I do have a few. I think most real LEO's might even agree with them. To start with we do not need people authorized to put a bullet in our heads giving us driving citations, citations for weeds or pets, or any of a hundred other Regulatory citations. It was not their job before and there is no reason it is their job now. If that was no longer their job they could concentrate on what we the citizens and most LEO'S believe to be their jobs. Catching VIOLENT criminals. It would greatly improve relationships between citizens and police.

OMG! You want to REDUCE the number of police! How will we all survive? The way it was in the past. The LEO was the LEADER. He would call the citizens when needed and deputize them when needed to take on larger groups. Guess what? Gangs can take on police departments as there is a limited number of people in them. Think they will take on the armed and deputized citizenry who effectively there is no limit on? Makes the LEO's also know where their power comes from. It also gives LEO's respect from that same citizenry. Way it used to be.

These are just two of many ways to change things. I am sure that many of you can come up with more. Being a LEO USED to be a honorable profession. I think it can be again. Oh for those of you who think that just because someone passed a law it should be followed. There used to be a law in Europe that all brides on their wedding nights were available for use by the local lords and priests before the husband. IT WAS THE LAW! Any group of idiots can pass any law they chose at any time. Happens all the time. The citizenry and the LEO's were supposed to have common sense and would not allow those idiot laws to be enforced. Instead they went up the justice system to be proven or disproven. What ever happened to commos sense?

By the way. I do not post often. I rarely have time. I even more rarely have time to stay and debate so if a thread stays up you will see me answer days later. Way it is. Have a good life.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Jerk_Idiot]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

You have obviously, had little contact with LEO's, or never had contact when they were beneficial to you.

Take it for what it's worth to ya, but some day you might need one for a valid reason.

If you have this attitude, good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Are you saying that the police won't help him because of his attitude?

Why do you think that?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

You Sir are one of those with little knowledge concerning LEO's. One of those I originally came on here to show the truth too. I have dealt with LEO's on and off over most of my life. I have led a violent life and no it does not frighten me to live without their help. I am old unofficially that I am responsible for the removal of 15 LEO's over the last five years. Unofficially because LEO's never OFFICIALLY admit to wrong doing by their own if they can avoid it. Three of those LEO's were fired for following the law and going against their own.

As to my feelings about LEO's. Many were my friends. Those LEO's who know what happened to me and my family have said they fully understand my feelings. Many of them during this wanted to arm me for my own safety from their brothers. I was surprised at how many were willing to shoot it out with their fellow officers over what was going on. It does not change the fact that even those who helped me were equally guilty of breaking the law.

To me you sound like a LEO. Guess what? The ENDS do not justify the MEANS for someone I authorize to carry a weapon and use it on me and if you are a LEO you should know it is the citizenry who ALLOWS you to carry and use the weapons you carry. We also have the ability to permanently remove anyone who misuses that authority. I believe that is one of the reasons LEO's are so frightened of ordinary citizens that they want military type weapons to do law enforcement. Sorry, LEO's do NOT put it on the line every day no matter how much they wish to lay claim to it. No LEO's are NOT IN COMBAT. Most of them don't have a clue to even what that means.

The truth is ALL LEO's are felons! Not surprising since the Justice Department claims all citizens commit up to 3 felonies a day without knowing it. As LEO's are citizens than they ALSO according to DOJ are felons. Remember IGNORANCE is no excuse for breaking the law and now you no longer need intent.

The funny thing is that while I hate LEO's what I am attempting to do is save their lives. If they don't get a clue soon people are going to start just taking them out and the sad thing is LEO's won't understand why. Oh a heads up for you. Following POLICY AND PROCEDURE is NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW. They are two different things. Just because your department and the DA will not prosecute you if you follow Policy and Procedure while BREAKING the law does not make it excusable. On other threads I have pointed out WHY it is impossible for LEO's to even KNOW what the law is let alone follow it.

Another side issue. Suzzanna's Law of 2002. The DOJ is guilty of breaking it. They claim the reason for that is that almost all LEO's are guilty of breaking it and they don't want to have to publicly to Congress admit that our police departments do not care about being in violation of the law. Interesting isn't it.

Sorry. I didn't want this to be a LEO bashing thread. I actually wanted to see if anyone was interested in actually making a difference in our society.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of your points. So lets use some facts to back them up.

Question do LEO's have a job/duty to protect you?

No here is why:

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone.

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

Source

It was the most shocking thing I learned in law school. I was studying Torts in my first year at the University of San Diego School of Law, when I came upon the case of Hartzler v. City of San Jose. In that case I discovered the secret truth: the government owes no duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. Not only did the California courts hold to that rule, the California legislature had enacted a statute to make sure the courts couldn’t change the rule.

Source

It’s not just that the police cannot protect you. They don’t even have to come when you call. In most states the government and police owe no legal duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. The District of Columbia’s highest court spelled out plainly the “fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.”

Source

LEO's job is to enforce laws, protect the corperation which passes for Government, and arrest code vilators. They have no duty to protect you.

So who is responsible for you safety?

You are! Get armed Get educated.

Get ready Change is here.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

"On June 27, in the case of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the Supreme Court found that Jessica Gonzales did not have a constitutional right to individual police protection even in the presence of a restraining order. Mrs. Gonzales' husband with a track record of violence, stabbing Mrs. Gonzales to death, Mrs. Gonzales' family could not get the Supreme Court to change their unanimous decision for one's individual protection. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN FOLKS AND GOVERNMENT BODIES ARE REFUSING TO PASS THE Safety Ordinance.

*SNIPPED excessive copy/paste*

Source

Please read: Posting work written by others.

[edit on August 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to add that the Los Angeles Police Department is the most corrupt organization of LEOs ever to disgrace our planet. I call them Cowboys because that's the way they act, like they are better than you while they plant evidence and falisify reports. LAPD's history is one of violence and corruption. They actually used to shoot people at will and dropped the bodies in Westlake (at MacArthur Park, if you want to check). When they split the lake to extend Wilshire Blvd they had to drain the lake. Bodies, bodies, more bodies, all shot execution style with LAPD service ammunition. Great history. They are easily manipulated, and would rather respond with direct violence than dialogue. One day on my way to the doctor's one of the Cowboys on foot asked me where I was going. I told him it was none of his business. He huffed and puffed and clinched his fists. I thought he was going to hit me! Instead he slammed me against a fence and cuffed me, saying he knew I was wanted and he was going to take me in. Guess what? I have no wants or warrants, and I used to be a Corrections Officer. He had to release me. I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to the doctor's. And they call themselves LEOs.

The real LEOs around here are the County Sheriffs. They start out in the County Jails, and have some sense of the mentality that leads to crime. They learn how to listen and to speak so common people understand them. They are alway polite and professional. They have my undying respect, even when they screw up. This is the exact opposite of how LAPD officers act.

So I can agree that many who call themselves LEOs are just dressed up idiots who think they are somebody, while there are others who are professional and polite doing their work of reducing violent crime.

My thoughts and opinions only, formed by 10 years of experience with local LEOs.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

what the hell is a LEO? Greeneyed? Law Enforcement Officer?

Law Enforcement Officer. there is a terrible job.

Hey Police,
what are the number of laws?

don't know the number? probably don't know the laws, either.

don't know the laws? probably don't know what you are "enforcing", either.

but, that is just logical. solution? hire more politicians to make more laws. that sounds sane

join