It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart Shows how Stupid FOX are.......Again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Boomer1941
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I'd be hard pressed to lend any credibility to a ratings starved comedian for a news source, let alone the Leftwing Liberal Huffington Post.

how is he a ratings starved comedian. He has had his show for like 10 years and still going. I doubt he is starving. Comedy Central doesn't keept renewing contracts of "ratings starved" shows.....

He doesn't need attention....He has his own show ! so no matter what ..people are watching. He brings it to our attention because he wants to. And since it's his show and he can do that.

I don't know where you make up this ratings starved comedian thing. narrow minded viewpoint.

You gotta love when people value information by ratings eh?
The human race, so ignorant still.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

So whatever it is that Glen does???

Glen's not there to illicit laughs to prop up bad ratings, he's not a comedian by profession. If he has one of the highest ratings on the news networks that would mean people are watching, would there be that many stupid people in this country wasting their time watching his show if there wasn't some interest? Glen himself professes he doesn't want or need any politicians, heads of State on his show, he doesn't want the spin. But then you stick with the Comedy for your primary news source, maybe there will be a new Blue Collar Comedy Tour that will bring you more up to date on current events. Try reading the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and then try and tell us all how much of that is being practiced by our Federal Government today.

LOL, are you kidding me? I have a double degree in History and Political Science, I've read the constitution, and all the rest of our founding documents, gasp I even have read documents Glenn hasn't endorsed or covered yet.

What's more is that I understand them. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Jon Stewart is not my primary news source. He's funny, I appreciate the show, I watch it, it's not rocket science there.

Glen is an idiot. That's it, he is an idiot.

Both programs are for entertainment purposes only, and considering that I prefer to laugh than curse at the t.v. or radio, but hey maybe that's just me.

Glenn professes to not want those people (actual government office holders) because, stay with me, HE CAN'T GET THEM. No one in their right mind, with any hopes of keeping their career would demonstrate support to Beck, he's an idiot, and not in a I surround myself with intellectuals to ensure I'm telling the truth kind of way. He surrounds himself with lapdogs that pile more crap onto his crap, forever.

I'm glad Glenn found our history and supporting documents, and I'm happy that others are finding a renewed sense of pride and reexamining these documents as well, unfortunately from what I've heard on his radio show it seems many people somehow missed this discussion in high school. Now they have placed themselves at the mercy of the mind of Glenn Beck, and unfortunately there isn't much going on up there.

Let's see here, let's say the teacher let the stoner come up to the front teach the section on the constitution. Sure, he'll mention some quotes and come up an interpretation that no one else would have, but when it's all over the teacher needs to stand front and center and correct all the stoner's mistakes. Who's the teacher? No one on Fox that's for sure. And I'm constantly having explain documents, world events, etc after my family member listen to him.

Now, you asked how much of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution are being practiced today. That question is actually more complex than you might think.

Despite what Beck says, the Constitution is still the law of the land, it is our rule of law.

Now, is it being practiced the same as 200 years ago? Absolutely not, because it is a living document and our country lasted for more than 20 years. Let's see here, I'm sure you can agree that our government is not always right, actually they get it wrong a lot and then the clean up crew has to follow. For example, a few of my favorite changes include the abolishment of slavery and giving women the right to vote but those are just too biggies.

Now, I think Glenn needs to have an episode(s) on the Supreme Court and federal courts in general and their decisions because that is what your going to have to throw out to go back to your strict constitutionalism, which actually was never practiced here.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

My apologies I forgot to ask you to clarify what exactly it is that Glenn does?

All I got from the post is that he tells people to read documents they should have read in high school. Well, now come to think about it we had to start memorizing the Constitution in fifth grade.

Glenn is the type of person to broadcast half truths with just enough passion to convince people that didn't pay attention in school that he actually knows his ass from his elbow.

No one has yet to answer if Jon was wrong?

You may not find him funny,you might think he is smug, you just might not like him for any number of reasons, however, the fact remains that however he delivers it, he was right.

Honestly, that we are on page seven discussing whether The Daily Show on Comedy Central is more honest than Fox News speaks volumes about Fox's programming.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow, John Stewart making fun of Fox News! Who would have though.

I don't have a problem with that, it's just it seems like that's all he's good for. And there sure is lots of things with Beck, O'Reilly, and Fox to make fun of. No doubting that, IMO. Easy comedy. Just like making fun of Bush. But the other side has just as much BS to it. Maybe it's because he is a liberal that he can't see the other side.

He might throw a kid glove jab at Obama and the current administration, but he likes 'em. Everything he does to mock the GOP and Fox News could be done to the the Democrats and the current administration. That's why I don't care for him. He should be thanking Fox. Without them he wouldn't have anything to do.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

That just might be the most honest post I've read in a few days.

Congrats.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

How come he doesn't use his real name?

Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

It's called a stage name, it's the same one he's used since his stand up.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Seems to me, that he's trying to create false appeal.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Oh, come on??

"Marilyn Monroe"s real name was Norma Jeane Mortenson!!!

WHY didn't she "use her real name"??

"Tom Cruise" is really Thomas Cruise Mapother IV.

If you think a "stage name" is a way to criticize a person who's in the public eye, then it's a major fail tactic, sorry.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

How come he doesn't use his real name?

Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz

Um ...

Uh...

Is Byteman your real name?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I don't promote myself on national television, and am not actively trying to be a celebrity.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by searching4truth

Seems to me, that he's trying to create false appeal.

False appeal how?
Elaborate, as it seems to me that you're just looking hard to find ways to belittle him.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I haven't said one single thing to belittle "John Stewart".

I merely asked a question. Cannot people ask questions anymore?

Are you the Gestapo?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I haven't said one single thing to belittle "John Stewart".

I merely asked a question. Cannot people ask questions anymore?

Are you the Gestapo?

Don't ignore the question.
What false appeal by using a stage name?
Considering he's been using the name since his stand-up days, and the reason he chose it was because people said it was hard to pronounce his actual name.
Is there some nefarious reason that you've dreamed up?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

His real name is not "John Stewart". It is a false name created to gain appeal, that his real name Johnathan Stuart Leibowitz, might not bring.

Thus it is false appeal.

Now, why don't you explain how I belittled him by asking a question and making a true and logical statement?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

His real name is not "John Stewart". It is a false name created to gain appeal, that his real name Johnathan Stuart Leibowitz, might not bring.

Thus it is false appeal.

Now, why don't you explain how I belittled him by asking a question and making a true and logical statement?

It's obvious you're trying to smear him because he makes fun of your favorite pundits.

It's a very very minute detail to try to bring out his "false appeal" by having a stage name, don't you agree?

I find it hilarious that so many Beck cronies are scared by a comedian making fun of him on a fake news show.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, unbelievable.. I've shared it far and wide. I hope Americans can wake up to this obvious attempt in an ongoing series of attempts to blanket all Muslims as radical extremists.. it makes me so sad to see it working

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

LMAO, you are quoting wikipedia and acting like you personally knew why he changed his name.

Almost a word for word plagiarism.

en.wikipedia.org...

He began using the stage name "Jon Stewart" by dropping his last name and changing the spelling of his middle name "Stuart" to "Stewart." He often jokes this is because people had difficulty with the pronunciation of Leibowitz or it "sounded too Hollywood"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

LMAO, you are quoting wikipedia and acting like you personally knew why he changed his name.

Almost a word for word plagiarism.

en.wikipedia.org...

He began using the stage name "Jon Stewart" by dropping his last name and changing the spelling of his middle name "Stuart" to "Stewart." He often jokes this is because people had difficulty with the pronunciation of Leibowitz or it "sounded too Hollywood"

And once again, why do you think he changed his name then?
Why do you ignore that question?
Why do you think it matters in the first place?
I thought it would be obvious it's easier to say and remember "Stewart" than "Leibowitz"

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join