It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart Shows how Stupid FOX are.......Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I've never seen those before, didn't have cable back then. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

This is nice "spin" from Stewart - and a very funny clip - but I think he, the huffington post and the OP are missing an important message from Fox here - let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that I am not a Fox viewer, and am a registered independent who voted for Obama... that having been said, I think that this is actually scores a point FOR Fox News - they are "outing" one of their own major shareholders for doing something they feel is wrong. In other words, its more important to get the truth out than to protect their own business interests....quite refreshing ...in my estimation, Good Job Fox ! I wish the other MSM would follow their lead and start reporting the truth rather than kowtowing to their money masters. Thoughts ? Remember - Deny Ignorance, it looks to me like this is a situation where a MSM outlet is doing exactly what we want them to do !

They are not Fully outing him though......

that is like like saying I was near the store when the tv was stolen. It's true, but what I didn't tell them is that I was part of the robbery...

That is what FOX is doing. ( just an analogy ^ lol )

Stewart obviously has to make it funny.....but in doing so also points out FACTS that FOX failed to point out......that is kind of bad on the part of a news agency forgetting facts.

O and I've never voted so I have no affiliation with either party. I dislike both parties to be honest. But I've always been a fan of Stewart for his honesty.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Exactly. Fox did not bust open the shady dealing of the owners and executives at their network. They, in typical fox fashion, gave people just enough of the facts to get them angry, to remember that "we don't like them muslims" and then forgot to point out that the same person is a large shareholder in their company and personal business partners with the the owner.

I feel, and this is just me here, that fox gets off on this type of behavior. You can not tell me that Dana Perrino does not know who Prince Waleed bin Talal and she sat there, quietly, pretending to ponder who this mystery person can be. I don't buy it.

Edit to add: Personally I do not believe Prince Waleed is a terrorist, just wanted to add that since it didn't read clear to me. What upsets me, is they tried to hide who he is and act as if he is something else, something that fits into their storyline.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Dude... That John Gibson guy is a turd and FOX having him their employ speaks volumes (nothing new, but still).

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSZodiac

- they are "outing" one of their own major shareholders for doing something they feel is wrong.

Uhhh. No they did not "out" him...that is the irony.

They alluded to an evil mastermind who headed the foundation, but awkwardly did not say his name.

This allowed them to make BS up with thier viewers while not allowing the viewers to look deeper and see that this "evil mastermind" was the largest shareholder of Fox outside of Murdoch.

SIDENOTE...he is not just Fox's largest independant shareholder...Ruport Murduch owns 10% of the Prince's media empire. Thier "love" is mutual.

So your logic fails on two counts.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

They are not Fully outing him though......

that is like like saying I was near the store when the tv was stolen. It's true, but what I didn't tell them is that I was part of the robbery...

A more accurate analogy...

that is like like saying I was near the store when the tv was stolen by three scary looking men shouting in arabic and wearing bombs. .... but what I didn't tell them is that I was part of the robbery...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'd be hard pressed to lend any credibility to a ratings starved comedian for a news source, let alone the Leftwing Liberal Huffington Post.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

Honest question.

What's the difference between Jon and Glenn?

Neither is a journalist.
Only one of them went to college.
One of them interviews heads/former heads of state, cabinet officials, and congress.

It's not Glenn.

So, whatever it is that Glenn does, how it is more important or rather self important, than what Jon does using satire in regard to the actual news. Actually, in my opinion most of his stuff isn't even satire anymore, its just pointing out the hypocrisy of elected officials and media personalities.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
I'd be hard pressed to lend any credibility to a ratings starved comedian for a news source
Ratings starved? By this weeks Neilson numbers, Jon Stewart is getting 1.8 million viewers. Glen Beck is getting 1.9 million viewers. Not a wide margin there...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
IS Fox News Trying to become the

Ministry of Truth
en.wikipedia.org...

Fox News Trying to spin
With
Historical revisionism (negationism)
en.wikipedia.org...

George Orwell's future world is divided up into three superpowers that endlessly wage war against each other. Winston Smith is the central character of the book. He works for INGSOC, and his job is literally to rewrite history.

1984: Winston Smith and the Three World Powers
videos.howstuffworks.com...

More Like Fox News!! is like Winston Smith that has
Erased bits of valuable Information
not showing the whole truth Edited Cut Fabricated Spinning it to their Gain..

1984 is Not suppose to be a instruction book

1984- Ministry of Truth

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you haven't seen the latest Stewart interview with Michael Bloomberg, watch it!! Bloomberg does a good job at defending civil liberties and clearly condemns the racism fueled protest in NYC. For crying out loud, there already is a mosque at the same distance from GZ...and no one said anything for 9 years!!!

So why now? Election season, politicians stirring up crap, and racist assholes eating it like candy.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What is great, and most do not understand that someone such as John Stewart, is a great satirist, comedian and entertainer; relatively close to the *gasp* Rush Limbaugh.

Both sides will claim victory when one or the other makes a point. Playing the game for more viewers and/or listeners.

Most is based in truth, but always taken slightly out of context to pertain to what they wish to get across.

I would never take too much stock in the likes of either, Rush or John....they are of the same cloth.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

I'd be hard pressed to lend any credibility to a ratings starved comedian for a news source, let alone the Leftwing Liberal Huffington Post.

Almost true... But there's lots of sources

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

[edit on 27-8-2010 by GrisGris]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

another clip. This time from Fox and Friends morning programming.
this guys still works there. This guy calls people from other races "another species". feel free to draw your own conclusions:

fox giving more misinformation:

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

While the correct terms is socially unacceptable in human life, it is acceptable in animal life. We separate many different types of animals, more specifically, mammals into categories of classification, but will refuse to do such for human beings. When clearly, whether you are a creationist or evolutionist, we come from some common background but have developed differently to the areas in which our ancestors settled.

What the gentleman said was idiotic, but nothing racist nor even bigoted.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Comparing Jon to Rush is an insult to Jon

I'd love to see Rush as a guest on Stewart's show, or vice versa. I'd bet all my savings on Jon crushing Rush when it comes to debating. Hell, I'd bet Jon and Steven Colbert, just the 2 of them, could take on the whole FOX "News" team if someone would let them have face to face debates.

I mean, how can you disagree with the following video??

"Gay pot marriage!!" LOOOOOL

Here's a cool interview series with the whole Daily Show crew...hilarious

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You obviously missed the point of what I was conveying. They are both entertainers, they both have followers that will defend them at all cost. It is their job and is what keeps them on the air.

The comparison was not between the two per say, but rather their jobs. Continue to tow the line for Stewart, I don't care, but if you fail to see he has a show because he makes money for himself and Comedy Central; the same for Rush and Clearwater (and his own named company) then you are ignorantly placed into the same group as Rush followers.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The difference is, Stewart clearly labels his show as comedy. Beck & Rush don't! They say it's "commentary", but in Beck's case, his show is running on a NEWS channel. And if his show is preceded by news, and followed by news, a lot of the viewers will be too dumb to realize it's not just news.

And you know what the saddest part is? You get more straight talk, and more pointed-out hypocrisy from Stewart than Beck and Rush combined. Take any of his videos, and then tell me his not pointing out something that's legitimately wrong. I mean, take the whole Kingdom Holding fiasco...Stewart argues FOX is either incredibly stupid, or evil by handling the situation the way they did. Anyone with a brain can tell they only provided enough info to rally up people against Muslims, and kept out enough of the stuff that would make it clear their whole point is hogwash.

To the people who criticize Stewart, please go find me a video where what Stewart says isn't true. Feel free to challenge me to the same with Rush/Beck!

I mean, hell...Beck recently said he'll give his speech 2 steps bellow where MLK stood...as "is appropriate"!! Are you KIDDING ME?! That guy is seriously trying to portray himself as a guy similar to MLK? I think I just heard MLK scream in his grave!

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Some more examples of FOX "News" Fraud, and dis-information for our ATS viewers' consumption. please feel free to form your own opinions:

FOX News’ Lies

Even the UK media catches FOX in their lies:

Liar Carl Rove & FOX "peoples" talking about how ABC gets “unprecidented white house access” and slams ABC for it:

FOX “News” propaganda style (Sound Familiar?)

Watch FOX Tactics Of SUPRESSING THE TRUTH

FOX “News” insiders’ whistleblowers get bribed by FOX “News”:

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
he is the man, and colbert to if ther is any body that makes me belive the usa still have some brain its does two

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join