It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kompromat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Julian Assange Gets The Bog Standard Smear Technique

The Russians call it Kompromat - the use by the state of sexual accusations to destroy a public figure. When I was attacked in this way by the government I worked for, Uzbek dissidents smiled at me, shook their heads and said "Kompromat". They were used to it from the Soviet and Uzbek governments. They found it rather amusing to find that Western governments did it too.

Well, Julian Assange has been getting the bog standard Kompromat. I had imagined he would get something rather more spectacular, like being framed for murder and found hanging with an orange in his mouth. He deserves a better class of kompromat. If I am a whistleblower, then Julian is a veritable mighty pipe organ. Yet we just have the normal sex stuff, and very weak.

Source Craig Murray

Could the latest "false" rape allegations be just the start of a whole host of image smearing scenarios? what else can the TPTB come up with?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have one reply that will negate the idea of kompromat as an effective means of attack.

Bill Clinton.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Difference is Clinton engaged in consensual sex. Assange is accused of raping women.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

He is no longer accused of rape. The charge has been dropped to one of 'harrassment' which has been widely translated/reported as 'molestation'.

See here

Wikileaks is down just now, has anyone seen what has been released today? Something to do with Belgium?

Edited to change word 'assault' to 'harrassment'.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by qualitygossip]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by qualitygossip

Thanks for the correction. Still, this is very different from Clinton. I really feel there is no relevance.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by qualitygossip

On WikiLeaks' twitter account, it is now mentionned that the main websites are down because of maintenance. Seems like there's no conspiracy here

join