It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Its not worth arguing with Texastig. There was already a thread into this authored by a member named Kapyong to which Texastig was spanked quite badly on this topic. I mean BADLY!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

2: Think of God like the A state of matter. He encompasses all other states of matter and can obviously switch between them. God can become anything. You can say that everything just evolved by chance. If it did, we would've been here twice.

What? Why would we be here twice?

"Lightning doesn't hit the same spot twice" - If there were no God, and Dinosaurs AND humans evolved from fish...well that just doesn't make musch sense, and is the hardest of the two theories to believe.

Why is that hard to believe? We are all the ancestor(VERY VERY VERY long time) of the first organism on earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He allowed people to call him "RabbI".

You can't be a Rabbi unless you're married.

Also, where did he go from the ages of about 8 to 30? There's nothing in the bible about his youth.

One thing I have heard is that he and his brother James and John walked to India and lived in a town there that still has records of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

You've got to be kidding me

Obviously you haven't read the bible my friend.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
you guys, c'mon....the literary ability of the Bible is off the charts supernatural....nothing comes close babes....it's the only book that addresses the begining of time....and it has the "ONLY" , the only messiah with a promise to return.....

Oh come on,
there are PLENTY of other fairy tale books that begin its story with: "And once upon a time..."

And they all have exactly the same amount of evidence of being real as does the bible. NONE.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Obviously, many people did not hear me the first time

God is not just Christian God, he is all god. Brahma, God, Allah, whatever, they refer to the same person.

BTW. I swear if anyone of pull that "Oh Jesus was born on December 25th" crap, I'll totally disregard everything you've said up to that point, because that's just plain ignorance.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Why do others believe he didn't?

Robert Price believes that Jesus came from a myth but there's no historical data to back that up.
G.A. well believes the same.

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
There is no historical evidence that Jesus existed. If you have some, please provide it, since you'll be an absolute hero to christians everywhere.

Doesn't matter if I am a hero to anyone. I didn't like the facts when I seen them because I wanted to do my own thing and not have anyone tell me what I needed to do. But the historical data can only lead to one conclusion, that Christ rose from the dead.

Scholars believe that Paul wrote seven letters that are classified as undisputed. Contemporary scholars believe that they are the work of Paul. They are as follows: Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, and Philemon.
In 1Cor 15:8 Paul states that he seen the risen Jesus.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

What would you rather believe? Aliens came to earth or Jesus was the embodiment of the spiritual God.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by hippomchippo

What would you rather believe? Aliens came to earth or Jesus was the embodiment of the spiritual God.

Neither?
Why does it have to be one or the other?
If there is a god, it doesn't care about this trivial garbage, and is so complex and bizarre that we humans haven't comprehended even a tiny amount of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Doesn't matter if I am a hero to anyone. I didn't like the facts when I seen them because I wanted to do my own thing and not have anyone tell me what I needed to do. But the historical data can only lead to one conclusion, that Christ rose from the dead.

What facts did you see and what historical data is this that you keep referring to? Forget the evidence that Jesus existed... what is the evidence that anybody "rose from the dead"?

No more unsupported claims and vague references to "scholars" and "historians", no more bogus percentage figures..... pony up the historical data and evidence proving the existence of Jesus

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

You've got to be kidding me

Obviously you haven't read the bible my friend.

OH NO YOU DIDNT!!!

And what makes you say that my little young friend? Not only have I read several versions of the Bible, I have read the Tanakh, and parts of the Koran. I have studies into Sumerian and Egyptian beliefs, and as far back as Sun worship. I went from being Catholic, to Christian, to Judaism, Hinduism, to deist and now Agnostic. I have even taken a college course way back in the day called something like Worlds Religions or something like that.

Not bragging in the least bit about it. I dont CARE about having WASTED my time with it all to be HONEST. I am just defending myself from your little childish jab at me that was thrown out with no substance to back up your statement.

What about you? Have you even finished reading the NT of your ONE version of whatever bible you read?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All over the world, at the time Genesis was written were all talking about this one thing. It created us and it flooded the earth. It has been proven that global warming was a hoax peputrated by scientists to earn money. So tell me, what made the glaciers melt? Something had to do it. I've heard theories that "Oh, the glacier just melted away, and uncovered this tiny little pool of water that flooded the Earth." That is outrageous. Sumerians, knew of the flood. Genesis acknowledges the flood. many other ancient religions and histories all claim of the flood. You know what? Read this :
PDF of the Lost Books not found in the Bible

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Actually - I think you are interpreting what you want to believe.

Speculation and absolute fact are not the same thing.

I didn't want to believe in it all all. But when you have so many scholars (atheist, agnostic and believers) that believe that Jesus is historical what do you do?

Habermas and Licona explain that even "the majority of nonbelieving scholars" (p. 149) accept such facts, not just Christian scholars.
[Grand Rapids, Michigan: Kregel Publications, 2004], pp. 60, 70)

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
How powerful is the biblical God that he could not STOP people from EDITING and DISCARDING his alleged words OVER AND OVER AND OVER throughout its history??

Real powerful God huh?

Yes as his TRUE FOLLOWERS STILL RECEIVED THE MESSAGE.....

2ND

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I didn't want to believe in it all all. But when you have so many scholars (atheist, agnostic and believers) that believe that Jesus is historical what do you do?

Can you post some of these facts?

I would like to read them. Word phrasing is of interest to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
* Jesus was an Egyptian.
* Jesus's father, Joseph, was a high-ranking Jewish leader in the city of Alexandria.
* Jesus studied esoteric texts at the Library of Alexandria and was later left by his family in Jerusalem to study at an unusually young age.
* Jesus was a distant nephew of Herod, more closely related to Salome, who was his aunt (Mary's sister).
* Jesus borrowed many of his teachings from John the Baptist, who was also a cousin.
* Salome had John the Baptist beheaded to show him her devotion to Jesus.
* The Pharisee Annas, who was at the Trial of Jesus, had his son killed by Jesus when Jesus was a child.
* Jesus often appeared to his Disciples disguised as different people, and it sometimes took them a while to recognize him.
* Jesus claimed to be a greater sorcerer than Solomon.
* The crown of thorns was placed on Jesus's head not as a torture but to hold the demons within him so they could be properly destroyed.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Baloney
How powerful is the biblical God that he could not STOP people from EDITING and DISCARDING his alleged words OVER AND OVER AND OVER throughout its history??

Real powerful God huh?

Yes as his TRUE FOLLOWERS STILL RECEIVED THE MESSAGE.....

2ND

ANd what does that prove when your Bible is NOTHING like what the TRUE HEBREW meanings actually meant.

Almost as if it was intentionally TWISTED and TWEAKED 180 degrees making it to be NOTHING like its original message.

I take it that you DO NOT know the Hebrew language, eh??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Do you know what..... I don't care.
I don't even know why I involved myself in this thread to be honest.
There are people that believe and people that don't.

I didn't like what I read about the data of Christ being historical but the data is there is we search for it.
I do agree that their are people that believe and people that don't. But the majority of scholars believe in the historical Jesus.

There is ZERO.... yes Zero Non-biblical evidence that the person that we now call Jesus ever existed.... you can cite any old bollocks you like... the simple fact is that there is no evidence.

See Gary Habermas's website at this address:
www.garyhabermas.com...
for Ancient Non-Christian Sources for Christ.

There were around 40 historians writing in the first 2 centuries.... why did almost all leave out this magical man?
Was he really that uninteresting that people did not wish to write about him?

See the link above.

Or was it because the whole "Hoax" was jazzed up years later to perpetuate the myth?

There were alot of people that didn't like Jesus and started myths after He rose from the dead.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

There were Roman documents later about Jesus.

Show me.

www.garyhabermas.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
you guys, c'mon....the literary ability of the Bible is off the charts supernatural....nothing comes close babes....it's the only book that addresses the begining of time....and it has the "ONLY" , the only messiah with a promise to return.....

It isn't the only book that claims to know the beginning of time.
And it isn't the only book that claims to have a messiah.

Could you expand on that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join