It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Source in Nebula Baffles Scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Apparently it's known as Ira's Ghost and the best explanation scientists have come up with so far is that Ira's Ghost was once visited by a high-velocity star spat out by its cluster and passing through at 200,000km/h.

Here's a New's Source on it:

Link

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's amazing, nice find!

"It's a giant alien spacecraft" lol I said it first.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

Apparently it's known as Ira's Ghost and the best explanation scientists have come up with so far is that Ira's Ghost was once visited by a high-velocity star spat out by its cluster and passing through at 200,000km/h.

Here's a New's Source on it:

Baffled scientists are more around then that they are rare lately.

That really makes me think they don't have a clue.

Awesome nebula. Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow, I am awe struck! So are these pics actual digital photos or are they reconfigured information from the telescopes put thru cg for interpretation? What is the source of light bouncing off the top of the nebula? It looks like there is a giant source of light close by.

Nice find,
spec

[edit on 23-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

You know everytime I think of how scummy the world is I take a look at one of these pictures and just relax. That picture is so awesome. I wish I could be in a ship right in the middle of that big dusty cloud.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Wow, I am awe struck! So are these pics actual digital photos or are they reconfigured information from the telescopes put thru cg for interpretation? What is the source of light bouncing off the top of the nebula? It looks like there is a giant source of light close by.

Nice find,
spec

[edit on 23-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Yup. It's just an artist's depiction using colorless images and number sheets.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAgent

Yup. It's just an artist's depiction using colorless images and number sheets.

Thanks for answering...
How accurate are these depictions? Are they exact or is anything emphasized or exaggerated for aesthetic value?

spec

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wonder why they do not know what is illuminating these nebula when I can clearly see 5 or more predominate stars surrounding it and about a hundred in every direction.

I cannot tell depth so who is to say these are not forward to the Nebula, the article does not say.

Not so spooky other than the scientists!

It is incredibly beautiful!

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There must be some light source for the cloud in general, as it's in light and shade as if from above. But the bright light from the top of the "Ghosty" is way above the rest of the cloud in brightness and, although it seems as bright as the star at bottom left, it is not diffracting on the lens like the stars are. Who knows, the light and shade in the nebula could be from the "Ghosty" itself.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Could be a new sun or star being born. I know nothing about astrology but, hey what else could it be.

new topics

top topics

join