It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taliban have hired a mercenary sniper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The incredible thing is that this man shot one round and hit its target through 9in gap from a distance of 600 yards.

Thats not incredible hell just about any soldier with a scoped rifle can do that.
When he starts engaging targets at a 1000+ yards through a 2in. hole then you can say he is incredible.

Rob Furlong, a former corporal of the Canadian Forces, holds the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at 2,430 metres (2,657 yards, or 1.51 miles). Established in 2002, the shot exceeds that of Sgt Brian Kremer of the 2nd Ranger in 2004 Iraq (2,300 meters). - wikipedia. "Rob Furlong". en.wikipedia.org... Nov 2009 Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison, a British Army sniper, killed two Taliban machine gunners in Afghanistan from a distance of 8,120 feet, Sky News reported.

wiki.answers.com...

Now thats incredible

[edit on 20-8-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Invading Afghanistan is as stupid as invading the US.

You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.

In Afghanistan, there's one behind every rock.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dropping moving targets at 500m with a strong wind going left to right and being out of breath causing the barrel to go up and down with heavy breathing?? Now THATS a shot! :
:

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
hahaha how 1 sniper can get attention for 2 kills is beyond me, skin him and burn him when caught - no snipers left alive sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Never compare anyone to Americans, they are more gun friendly than the whole world combined

Soldiers, ofcurse they have extensive training.. If you read what I wrote, the incredible part at least from my point of view was him, only using one bullet.

I'm not an expert on guns, nor on snipers, nor on how extensive people train with them..

I'm just pointing out from my standards.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
better taking a sniper rifle and killing military personale then going in with a bomb strapped to their balls and hoping to take as many out as possible.

atleast civilians werent being targeted.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I knew it wouldnt be long- It was determined that they were not dealing with one sniper- but four. some mercs from egypt, pakistan, and chechnya, 2 were captured around 10 days ago and the other two met their virgins on aug 26 when they were spotted and a u.s. f-16 sent them express mail via laser designator. next.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I really don’t think this is a western mercenary, currently PMC’s on the circuit get paid a fortune so it is highly unlikely that there would be a financial motive for working for the Taliban. It could be that this mercenary is working for the Taliban for ideological reasons however this is again unlikely almost all mercenaries are trained by the military who are stereotypically way to patriotic to do something like this. It is possible that this could be a mercenary from Africa or elsewhere in the Middle East however.

Even saying that the article does say that

Intelligence sources have told the Mail that at least three foreign snipers in Afghanistan, trained by either Iran or Al Qaeda in Pakistan, are being paid tens of thousands of pounds to help the insurgents.

So again it does not sound like it’s going to be a western mercenary based on your source.

Also the Taliban have been using snipers for quite some time, they have a reputation for being a really bad shot, it could be that they have just found a couple of gifted shots.

All the same this is a interesting article.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here you go lads, a bit of good news.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I'm sorry you might have to explain this to me a bit oozy the UK and US armed forces are occupying another country and the people of that country are attacking them?

Have I got that much right?

Ok, then you get your info through mainstream media outlets from the West (The Daily Mail no less!) and believe that (along with the propaganda that led the UK and the US forces to the country in the first place) over your own instinct of apathy with the people there?

And moreso you're figuring it's a lone wolf?

Isn't it possible that this is just more propaganda to allow for further extensions onto how long these troops have to be there?

-m0r

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but didn't that country's government (people?) ask us (by 'us' I mean the many countries also against tyranny) to help them with the Taliban problem?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Iraq and Afghanistan have been a magnet for jihadists all across the world for years now. If this is news to you, you're very poorly informed.
It's so easy for you to sip your coffee and dismiss claims that Iran and Pakistan are aiding the Taliban, very typical conspiracist bologna here on ATS.
I suppose the fact that Taliban commanders themselves are expressing their confusion with Pakistani intelligence playing a double-cross game with the US and them is rubbish as well. Taliban commnders have admitted to reporters that Pakistani intelligence frequently supplies them if their agenda coincides, and kidnaps Commanders that don't. I suppose those engagements between Taliban forces and the Pakistani military in Pakistan are just propaganda as well.

I guess all those captured Insurgents in Iraq, admitting training from the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, is just more propaganda. Of course, constructing sophisticated EFP bombs is common knowledge amongst jihadists. Everyone knows how to build those.

If the US wanted to see Pakistan's ruin like the one poster claims, I suppose that's why we continue to send Billions in aid despite our limping economy. That's how it's done you see in the minds of some people. You finance nations you want to see ruined. Uh huh.

Malcontents so disillusioned they believe such nonsense seems to be pretty prevalent around here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join