It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Raza: Deporting 12 Million Illegal Aliens ‘Not a Realistic Solution’ and U.S. Should Stop Try

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

“We have to recognize that our immigration system has been broken for 20 years and there are now 12 million people living and working and praying among us who are here without documents. Many have spouses who are citizens or children fighting for our country,” NCLR Immigration Field Coordinator A. Elena Lacayo said in an e-mail response to a question from CNSNews.com.

“Deporting 12 million people is not a realistic solution,” she wrote. “It’s time we create a rational immigration system, take these people out of the shadows and restore the rule of law.”

"not a realistic solution'
No kidding Say you took the 12 million people and gave them a bus ticket and $150 for food .... that comes out to over $3.5 trillion

La Raza released a report last week calling for the termination of a federal program that allows Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to work with local law enforcement to target illegal aliens for deportation.

So they want the locals to stop working with the feds? Could this be why the feds are fighting over the AZ SB 1070 immingration law?

The NCLR also directly attacked Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio is internationally known for his strict enforcement of immigration laws in Arizona.
Source CNS News

Wow so NCLR wants total lawlessness when it comes to immergration.

Guess This Congress and Adminastration will give them what they want just for their votes in 2010 and 2012.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

"not a realistic solution'
No kidding Say you took the 12 million people and gave them a bus ticket and $150 for food .... that comes out to over $3.5 trillion

12 000 000 x 150 = 1 800 000 000

one billion 800 million

[edit on 19-8-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

12,000,000 x free healthcare(having a kid( $250,000) not including other medical costs))

feeding them
clothing them
educating them

= TRILLIONS!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

you forgot about the bus ticket and taxes comes to arround $150 average as well. So that totals out to $300 per person.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I could care less than what La Raza says. I think the number is over 22 million also.

Regardless, until the borders are sealed, anything we do is just lip service for votes.

Realistically, we will never deport even half of all illegal aliens. There are just too damn many of them. Too many anchor babies and too much red tape within the legal system. Then you have groups such as La Raza undercutting laws being passed with frivolous lawsuits and sanctuary cities giving aid to illegal aliens in attempts to hide them better.

You have employers hiring illegal aliens using IRS tax code regulations, in legal actions, by calling them sub-contractors instead of employees. You have State's offering illegal aliens free tuition or instate rates of tuition for education using Government grants enacted just for this purpose.

Illegals getting free food from food pantries ran by churches and local community groups. Welfare fraud is rampant by those who know how to game the system. While not all fraud is by illegals, the bulk of it is.

The list goes on and on.

There is no easy fix regardless of what anyone thinks. There are too many Americans making money, too many politicians pandering to special interests, too many State and local governments getting grants for illegal aliens.

It starts with sealing the border to stop the flood.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

La Raza = La Enemy

I get tired of hearing all the excuses by both sides as to why we can't do this or accomplish that with regards to illegal immigration. The two biggest excuses are we can't secure such a border (i.e. build a wall) and get the millions of illegals here out. Both of these are doable.

First the wall. While it isn't the only means required to secure the border, it is a necessary aspect and can be done.

US-Mexico Border: 1969 miles
The Great Wall of China: 5500 miles

Now, if they can do that 2000 years ago, don't tell me that the nation that made the bomb, the panama canal, and the hoover damn, can't build an effective wall.

Second, getting the illegals out. I personally cannot accept allowing them to stay, and nor should any other honest American. These people have claimed something that is not theirs, the right to be here, and that is essentially theft. When someone steals something, we don't let them keep what they have taken and just make them pay a fine, we take back what was wrongfully acquired and then punish. For any justice to exist, they MUST be made to leave.

The best and most effective way to accomplish that is to get them to self-deport. This requires ensuring they do not gain the benefits of staying here, and feel no security in doing so. That is the comprehensive aspect of reform that must be taken. I suggest the following:

End benefits
Deny ALL government services, benefits and aid to illegals: no public schooling, grants, welfare benefits, in-state tuitions, non-emergency medical care, etc. This includes benefits to illegal parents of anchor babies. Likewise, prohibit illegals from benefiting from lawsuits, such as this case and this case.

Anchor babies
Amend the constitutional definition of a citizen to:
persons born to two US citizens OR born to and claimed by, or proven to be by one who is a US citizen at time of birth, regardless of location of birth OR someone naturalized through the immigration process. A US citizen can not hold dual citizenship with any other nation. Citizenship cannot be gained or surrendered more than once. Citizenship of a natural born citizen cannot be removed but is automatically surrendered upon becoming a citizen of another nation. Citizenship of a naturalized citizen can only be removed by an act of Congress, on an individual basis and on conviction of treason, sedition or insurrection.

Employers
20% of net worth or $250,000 fine (whichever is higher,) per illegal, minimum 6 months up to 5 years in federal prison and permanent removal of any business licensing for businesses who knowingly hire illegal aliens. If the individual employer is a legal immigrant, removal of green card and immediate deportation upon release of prison sentence. This is a felony offense.

Border Security
Interim- Federal activation of state guard on the border, in open/rural federal areas, authorize lethal force. 24 hour surveillance drone use, increased This is an invasion.
Long term- full length physical barrier with electronic monitoring and patrols. Increased manpower and decreased operational restrictions.

Enforcement
After an 18 month grace period upon notification, deport ALL illegal aliens who do not self deport. Anyone apprehended for being illegal will be bared from being allowed back in via work visas or naturalization. Require by law that Federal agencies take actions to deport anyone determined to be illegal, or investigate claims persons are illegal.

Other
No more interior federal applications, documents, signage etc in other than English.

Require drivers licenses to identify immigrants.

Temporary works visas limited to 2 years time frames, and can be reapplied for no more than 5 times. Permanent Resident green cards renewable only once.

These last few are not specific to illegal immigration but an improvement on current legal immigration.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My family has been victimized by illegals twice since moving to Houston in 01. The first time, a Juan Martinez managed to get my SSN (probably from some of the job apps I was dropping off) and we now share and fight monthly through the social security office. This has been occurring since 03. I was lucky to get to buy a new house but forget being able to buy anything else... I have 2 mortgages on my credit, one in excellent standing (mine) and one in foreclosure (his). I have been ruined and no one has been able to help nor have they been able to stop it.
The second time, my wife was hit by an illegal, unlicensed, uninsured and drunk El Salvadorean who ran a red. He tried to give his cousins drivers license to the trooper and called a relative who was in traffic 2 miles down the road to be a "witness" on his behalf. The State trooper decided it was better that my wife receive the ticket even though there were 5 witnesses stating that my wife was the victim. His reason... he didn't want to fill out paperwork on an illegal. It's easier to ticket a citizen with insurance.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

I hear this all the time. There was an accident here a while back, a small pick-up with two illegals hit a woman. They had no license or insurance and the cop just let them go, only impounding the vehicle, which had only an old expired license plate. The woman was left with injuries and having to take the hit to her insurance for it.

Every single one that is allowed to stay here, knowingly illegal or via any amnesty, is an injustice to every other American citizen and legal immigrant.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't generally agree with "La Raza", but they have a very valid point.

Deportation (as much as everyone would love to see it) simply won't work on a mass-scale. The amount of money and resources it would take to track down, apprehend and transport 12 million individuals is staggering. It's a logistical impossibility.

The other problem with deportation is that it's a reactionary solution to a symptom of illegal immigration, not the cause. We need to focus our efforts on securing the borders, deterring employers from hiring illegals, and attaining comprehensive immigration reform that will simplify the process of legally immigrating.

Only by taking rational steps will we solve the illegal immigration problem. Deportation is a short-sighted solution that will only serve to mitigate damages, not heal them.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
We need to focus our efforts on securing the borders, deterring employers from hiring illegals, and attaining comprehensive immigration reform that will simplify the process of legally immigrating.

In doing so, don't you think the vast majority would self-deport? If so, then identifying, apprehending and deporting the remaining would be quite logistically possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by drwizardphd
We need to focus our efforts on securing the borders, deterring employers from hiring illegals, and attaining comprehensive immigration reform that will simplify the process of legally immigrating.

In doing so, don't you think the vast majority would self-deport? If so, then identifying, apprehending and deporting the remaining would be quite logistically possible.

Exactly.

That would be an ideal situation. Of course not all would leave, but if you take away the source of income, most would leave on their own.

I suppose a sort of passive deportation would be possible, but not by actively deporting individuals. We need to solve the causes of illegal immigration first, and the symptoms will improve on their own.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You're preaching to the choir!

The 14th Amendment just needs to be interpreted the way it was written. Being born within the USA by foreign nationals not under the jurisdiction of the USA, is not a citizen. Being here illegally means you are not under our jurisdiction, as a matter of fact, the intent is stay away from National jurisdiction.

I just have a problem with any modern politician amending our founding documents. They can't pass a simple law using less than 1000 pages. Don't turn them loose with something as important as the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am actually under the impression that the federal government suing a state on behalf of a foreign agent or government is treason

11th Amendment
The Eleventh Amendment, ratified in 1795, states that the "judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State...".

classes.lls.edu...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This talking point is completely pointless.

You make it so they can't work, and they just leave on their own.

We know it works, because they do it anyway whenever they can't find work.

The whole reason this point gets repeated ad nauseum is to skew the debate away from that simple and obvious solution.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
All we have to do is Deport a majority of 535 Congressman and Senators !!!

Its that simple.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If illegals had no place to work here, there would be less incentive to come here.

If Americans didn't want drugs, there would be no drug cartels. Or at the very least they wouldn't be as rich or powerful.

So the solution is to make drugs legal, and make it a felony to hire illegals. Make it so detrimental to hire an undocumented worker that no employer would dare to do so.

Most would leave the country on their own, the others would be easier to round up and deport.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If illegals had no place to work here, there would be less incentive to come here.

If Americans didn't want drugs, there would be no drug cartels. Or at the very least they wouldn't be as rich or powerful.

So the solution is to make drugs legal, and make it a felony to hire illegals. Make it so detrimental to hire an undocumented worker that no employer would dare to do so.

Most would leave the country on their own, the others would be easier to round up and deport.

Thats too logical of an approach for many people on this board to understand What. It's much more fun for them to make these illegal workers out to be the modern day boogie man.

It's just easier for everyone to blame them for getting Americans hooked on drugs and for doing work for so cheap for employers that are basically exploiting them.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Any group that calls it self "La Raza" "The Race" Clearly has issues.

They could be racist or support terrorism.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Many of the illegals picked up by local cops and turned over to ICE are criminals.
Everything from driving without a license to identity theft, DUIs shoplifting ECT ECT ECT.

Few local cops bother to just pick up illegal with no charges.
They get them when they commit crimes as this is deport-able offence

Now La RAZA wants to protect criminals from being deported.

I am for deporting illegals that commit crimes.

If they want to live here they should not commit crimes or its there own fault when they get deported.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
No matter how many logical arguements you give, these people will still turn their noses up and say "it doesnt matter, we are here, and we are here to stay".
They dont give a damn about our laws, cause if they did, they would be rational about all of this, they are not.
THEY WANT AMNESTY . End of story.

Its just too bad they are NOT going to get it, and anyone in this administration that gives them amnesty, is an enemy of the state.

I have wasted my breathe, my words, and my time trying to point out all of the wrongs about letting these people stay, but like I stated earlier, it simply does NOT matter to them. They simply believe we owe them a living here in the US.

YOU WILL NOT GET IT. Let it sink in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join