It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting for ATS, apparently.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hello there and well met.

The name's Silenced, and I have been lurking in ATS for a few years now. Finally decided to get an account so I can join in all the discussion goodness in the various threads that were contributed by the regular members.

I am interested in the areas of ancient civilization, UFOs, the paranormal (including occultism) and cryptozoology. I'm still inexperienced, so my knowledge within these areas might not be accurate and may be biased, so please bear with me if I asked some seemingly stupid questions on a subject.

However, I am fluent in the Chinese and Malay language as well. So I would like to extend my assistance in translation if needed.

Well... I guess that's all from me.

And here's a smile:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silencedfaith

Hiya SF, you'll enjoy it around here. Grab an avatar, open your comments section and get truckin'.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Welcome!

Your open offer to translate is oddly gratifying?

Don't worry about inexperience or limited knowledge. I've posted mistakenly, ie, stuff I had only rudimentary understanding of, been shot down with accurate information and joined the learning curve; always a good thing!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Welcoming you to ATS, I'm impressed by your sweet smile you put in the end.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Silencedfaith

Welcome and I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks also for offering your language services.

Now if you'd be so kind please translate the following into Chinese so I can post it right back to you!

Welcome to ATS! Enjoy your stay. )
Thanks also for...etc.

hehehe

peace

[edit on 19-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nee how!

Salemat Datang!

And welcome!!

The only silly questions are the ones left unasked - so ask away.

Please just be careful not to take something as fact from the various sources around here within the topics you listed.

We can guess at ancient civilisations with some degree of evidence to back up our thoughts, we don't have much to go with by way of UFOs, the paranormal (which is everything we do here) varies due to it's wide reaching definition, the occult is a clandestine practise generally with little to verify it with (again generally) and cryptozoology is a fascinating subject were there are many examples of weird lifeforms - just don't look for big foot without a sceptical hat on first.

Read the rules, be nice and I'm absolutely certain you'll have an excellent time here!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Welcome! You mentioned 2 of my favorite forums (ufo/aliens and ancient civ) There are some really cool threads in both forums. I don't frequent cryptozology but I have stumbled on interesting threads in there. Honestly most the creatures freak me out. I would rather stare at an alien than a spider with a leg span of 12in
I do frequent the paranormal forum but I don't post in it that much, just read.

Do you have any favorite incident when it comes to ufos and aliens?

I would read this Terms and Conditions if you haven't already.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for all the welcome! I feel at home already!

@Kandinsky: Still trying to mess around with the settings and such, it might be a while since it’s quite late for me at this time.

@teapot: That is why I like ATS above most other message boards, they experiment with various stuff and WILL try to shoot you down. There is no greater satisfaction than seeing something withstanding all the beatings (and nukes, and lasers, and apocalyptic destruction) and then survive.

@Crimson_King: Glad you love the smile. I like your smoke too~~

@silo 13: 欢迎来到ATS! 请您好好地享受您在这里的时光。Yes, you can now probably guess that I’m not a fan of direct translation. XD

@m0r1arty: Will do. I will respect the rules and other members, and I promise I will not make things ugly. You have my words. :3

@mblahnikluver: Read the Terms and Conditions. There is some pretty heavy stuff there, but reasonable I guess. Can’t be help.

As for my favourite incident about UFOs and Aliens, I guess it’s the revelation of the ‘Rods’ in the Kota Kinabalu Airport. Because it’s near to where I lived at that time! But I completely missed it until it came out of the newspaper the next few days.
Speaking of which, I live in Sabah, but I’m currently away at the moment so I can’t verify on the UFO in Tuaran. I heard there’s also a ‘mass UFO sighting’ in the town of Keningau, but again, I can’t verify any of it since the people there are more interested in ghosts and the gods rather than UFOs.

Speaking of which, I might had seen a UFO in Keningau once. It was during a festivity so there might be a possibility that it’s the fireworks, but this one fine ball of light is flying in a horizontal pattern that is quite far away from all the fireworks. The problem is, it’s going left, then right, then left, before disappearing. Unfortunately, I only have a phone with a 2 megapixel camera so the light wasn’t even in the video I took. It’s a shame, but now I kind of able to feel the frustration of people who might have seen UFOs but somehow just can’t film it or take pictures of it. Well, that’s my 2 cents, but I’m betting on fireworks…

Although it’s not possible.

Speaking of ugly stuff, I'm more terrified by some of the members' avatar than actual 'alien' or 'mystical beasts' footage. XD

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Welcome-this is a good place to be. Hope you enjoy yourself. We have interests in common, you and I. Thank you for offering to help with translation.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
@chrisbasa: Just trying to do my bits, since some information here is still quite new to me. Like, Planet X and Niburu. New things are appearing every day and it's quite hard to keep up with all of them, with how things are so chaotic lately. ANNNND I think to say 'chaotic' is an understatement.

Edit: The avatar tutorial is a life-saver. Good job on that one! :3

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Silencedfaith]

new topics

top topics

join