It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitutional Republic to Roman Republic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The question represents an opinion that i have recently formed.

It is that, the US, far from being a Constitutional Republic is in fact, more akin to the Roman Republic of the Caesar's.

It is the rich and the powerful who rule the Government, The Whitehouse, The Senate, Congress, by bribery and blackmail and other forms of leverage.

The true Caesar and the true Senate are hidden from view, and even as i type this thread, factions within the true Senate are waring with each-other and the rest of the world.

Loyalties are switching from one group to another on a daily basis as various groups hedge their bets.

The Praetorian Guard has it modern equivalent in the Joint Chiefs who's loyalties have been questionable since the end of President Eisenhower's second term and treacherous with the assassination of President John F Kennedy.

I am left wondering, who will end up as the Caesar of the US/World Empire and where will they take the people of the US on their journey to ultimate power?

Do any ATS'rs share this opinion? and what will be the outcome?

Nero watching Rome burn? or Caesar's Empirical conquest?

Your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
what will be the outcome ???

surely you jest.

What happened to the first Rome ???

history will repeat itself

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Your right, it is more like an aristocracy or socio-fascist aristocracy. We no longer have a truley functional republic, as that was killed in 1913 with the passing of the Federal Reserve Act of that same year. That was pretty much the death blow, though for the past couple of decades we have been accelerating faster towards our current state and things are only going to get worse.

Check All Roads Lead to Rome by Proto, I think it is at least somewhat relevant.

--airspoon

[edit on 17-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Rome started out as a republic. Over time it became an Empire.

Empires tax other nations. The U.S. and England do this indirectly by maintaining control of and denominating the sale of oil in their currencies.
This has everything to do with OPEC, kissinger & the end of the gold standard in the early 70's; when world economies switched to oil backed reserves. At that time the U.S. dollar became a world currency.

Both the U.S. and England have become empires. Why is the queen's image on so many currencies like Canada ? One could argue that the U.S. belongs to England. In reality both the U.S. and England belong to the house of Rothchild.

Empires are historically destroyed by military overspending.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I'm guessing you missed the "All Roads Lead to Rome" thread. It's another take on why you are seeing similarites. The main point in that thread is that the Roman Empire never collapsed, it transformed. It's worth a read if you can find the time. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

More like constitutional republic to banana republic.

We are toast.

Kiss your butts good bye.

Game over.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I agree with you Proto's thread on Rome should be read by everyone.

However i think you did not read my thread.

I am asking ATS'rs whether they share the opinion that the US has become a neo-Roman Republic.
And if so, wether the outcome will be Nero, watching Rome burn.
Caesar's Empirical Conquest or a coup by the Praetorian Guard Chiefs of Staff or even something unforeseen like a US velvet Revolution.

I want to know what ATS'rs think.

I would post a link to protoplasmic travellers essay on Rome so that other posters may read it, but i will leave that to you.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the US is going to go in the direction of a Caesar's Empirical Conquest type scenario involving an attack on Iran which will quickly include Pakistan who will call for global jihad against the US empire.

I think a lot of new Americans "Mexicans", may find themselves conscripted into a New Model Army.

"Service Earns You Citizenship"!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The US is really more of an elected monarchy pretending to be a republic. Since FDR in the 1930s the President of the US is more or less an elected king.

The US is a monarchy in all but name.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

i appologize for the correction sir, but service already earns you citizenship. your point is well taken but just wanted to correct.

we need plenty of recruits, and where better than the poor.

HAIL THE STATE

top topics

join